DVDVR Message Board

2020 NBA PLAYOFFS: OCTOFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

5 hours ago, Jiji said:

*looks at James Harden's stat line* 

*thinks "I'm sure Lawful will say the same thing about Harden that he did pg13. Fair and balanced." *

Dort’s D on Harden was great. Amazing that without Russ and Harden having a terrible shooting night, the Rockets still won by double figures against a full strength OKC. 

(also, Harden was clutch in the 4th when it mattered to put the game away — 11 points on 3-4 shooting, unlike Playoff P)

also seems like newly crowned offensive god Dame is being brought back to earth

I don't think Simmons would be all that low on trade value, honestly. He's such an incredible defender, and it's obvious how to build a team around him if he's The Guy; the Bucks basic blueprint.

Which, honestly, is pretty close to what you would want around Embiid, ideally. But getting those pieces is hard, and it's so difficult to give up on a multi-talented young player like either of them, especially knowing that they are both injury prone and you could easily end up suddenly playing with neither of them. But, at least on offense, they are so incredibly uncomplimentary together.

I like Brown, but I think at this point you have to try a new coach before you seriously think about splitting them up. Like the Thunder moving on from Brooks for Donovan, even if that didn't quite work out. 

If a new coach can't make it work, then... Fuck if I know. They went down this path so far and looked like they were poised to breakthrough right up until they started running into walls.

• Like 1

Whatever else can be said about whether Simmons & Embiid can coexist, the Sixers sure as shit can't win without Simmons.  They gakked up 30% FG tonight and Boston should close this out Sunday or Tuesday.

The Horford in Philly experiment has been a bust, too.  I wonder what sort of voodoo Ainge had to work to see into the future and determine that letting him go and replacing him with Enes fucking Kanter in the offseason was going to work out.  Too bad either Toronto or Milwaukee is going to eat our lunch, probably.

Luka getting legitimately hurt this time (this man can ball but he is on the ground at least once per game after contact) probably bails the Clippers out from having a tougher series now. Sigh. Oh well. Hope Luka isn't done but we'll see.

Also, I'll admit I haven't watched ever second of this series but has Maxi Kleber ever made a three? This is reaching Rockets missing 27 straight threes status (sorry Lawful Metal). 

Edited by _MJ_

Kristaps getting tossed in game 1 and Luka getting hurt in game 3 just tells me that the Clips have the Warriors luck where key players for the other team get hurt or stupid foul trouble inexplicably until they win, and then all of a sudden it’s whoa they’re so dominating.

Dallas should be up 3-0 if not for shenanigans.