DVDVR Message Board

Fastlane V - 3/10/2019

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

55301ef197281601-600x338.gif

The Boss & Hug Connection vs The Botch & "...ugh" Connection

I guess thinking "oh, shit, cover it up/play it off like Sasha's trying to reverse into a DDT and fight that off (or have Tamina come over and get some kicks in)" is easier said than done/the opposite of how they're being taught now.

• Like 3

(insert Jim Cornette/Lance Storm old man rant about how botches stand out worse now because nobody acts like they're struggling to get a hold on & everyone just does the move clean in the first place here)

• Like 2

mustafa-ali-daniel-bryan-running-knee.gi

Liked Daniel Bryan's running knee ever since the debut of the move, putting down John Cena at SummerSlam 2013 for the WWE Championship and a clean as a sheet victory. The move is rightly protected. Last night's was memorable.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

55301ef197281601-600x338.gif

This move doesn't even make a damn bit of sense.  A back body is a flip/back bump, so why would Sasha land like that?  There's nothing that any momentum from the back body would add to the move, so it's a lot of wasted effort for nothing more than a Samoan drop.  In fact, from a kayfabe perspective, it lengthens the time needed that Tamina can relax to be the fresh partner (the extra effort to throw Sasha wen she could have just let Nia do a regular Samoan drop).

And how the hell could Numpty *not* hold her up (aside from the obvious that she - Nia - is out of position)?

Goddamn, they suck.

• Haha 3

I suppose if two wrestlers did that Back Body Drop into a Samoan Drop cleanly and quickly, it might look like a sudden dramatic impact. Like "you were prepared to land like this, but we landed you like that, surprise!". But instead it reeks of "I want to do a Power move, here pick them up for me will you?"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Ronda is in the Akiyama/Angle tier of "people who get pro wrestling right away."

This was an up and down show, but had more good than bad ultimately. The Kofi stuff was really dumb and detracted from an otherwise great match. They could've set it up with him getting screwed out of title matches on consecutive episodes of SD and accomplished the same goal for him. Still, Bryan and KO showed why they're elite, and Ali showed he belonged. Charlotte also had perhaps her best heel performance ever. The Shield got a proper feel-good sendoff.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

The Boss & Hug Connection vs The Botch & "...ugh" Connection

I guess thinking "oh, shit, cover it up/play it off like Sasha's trying to reverse into a DDT and fight that off (or have Tamina come over and get some kicks in)" is easier said than done/the opposite of how they're being taught now.

The Botch & ...ugh Connection. Bravo.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AxB said:

I suppose if two wrestlers did that Back Body Drop into a Samoan Drop cleanly and quickly, it might look like a sudden dramatic impact. Like "you were prepared to land like this, but we landed you like that, surprise!". But instead it reeks of "I want to do a Power move, here pick them up for me will you?"

It was supposed to be the toss up Samaon Drop the Usos have done. The thing is even the Usos stopped after a while because they couldn't get it perfect all of the time. Even when they go for it occasionally now it looks messed up most of the time. They should probably all stop trying to imitate Umaga with that one. They just don't have the strength or skill.

18 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Really? I've been expecting it literally since the first time Miz asked Shane to team with him.

I meant wrong more in that Miz isn't a super over face while Shane has been one of the more over faces for the past 2-3 years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1