DVDVR Message Board

Doctor Who Omnibus Thread

odessasteps

He was under imminent death, but managed to divert most of the energy to his severed hand, which caused it to regenerate into 1 Heart Crisis Doctor when Donna came into contact with it.  It wasn't so much that it's a normal thing, he just happened to have an out.

They never had the same chemistry together that she did with Matt Smith. She probably would have been great with Tennant as well. I'm assuming that it will be Osgood who will replace her but I haven't gone out of my way to look for any rumors concerning the direction of the show so I could be completely wrong in thinking that.  

We discussed the next companion on the pod we did that is coming out on Friday.

If i have to bet, i would wager on an British-Indian/Pakistani young woman from 2015.

No guy, no alien, no person from another time period.

#demographics

They never had the same chemistry together that she did with Matt Smith. She probably would have been great with Tennant as well. I'm assuming that it will be Osgood who will replace her but I haven't gone out of my way to look for any rumors concerning the direction of the show so I could be completely wrong in thinking that.  

Interesting.  I mostly disagree about her having chemistry with Smith.  I never really felt like they had that much chemistry at all.  I do think she would have worked well with Tennant.  I thought last season with Capaldi was a great improvement for Clara.  Dug her relationship with the older (looking) Doctor and the writers actually gave her something to do besides be generic plucky sidekick #17.  JLC joining the show seemed to coincide with the writing dipping quite a bit.  Coleman is probably better than the material she's been given.

I lke JLC and the character well enough, and JLC is stunning, but I don't think she's irreplaceable.  .

• Like 1

Interesting.  I mostly disagree about her having chemistry with Smith.  I never really felt like they had that much chemistry at all.  I do think she would have worked well with Tennant.  I thought last season with Capaldi was a great improvement for Clara.  Dug her relationship with the older (looking) Doctor and the writers actually gave her something to do besides be generic plucky sidekick #17.  JLC joining the show seemed to coincide with the writing dipping quite a bit.  Coleman is probably better than the material she's been given.

I lke JLC and the character well enough, and JLC is stunning, but I don't think she's irreplaceable.  .

It was all downhill after the red dress. #prurient

We discussed the next companion on the pod we did that is coming out on Friday.

If i have to bet, i would wager on an British-Indian/Pakistani young woman from 2015.

No guy, no alien, no person from another time period.

#demographics

But River isnt pakistani...