DVDVR Message Board

DVD/BR Collector Thread for the Physical Media Enthusiasts

jaedmc

From iMDB: 

A kinky gang of sex perverts passes their time having sex with each other and committing a variety of small crimes. One day they decide to take a shot at the big-time and kidnap a millionaire's daughter. Intending to hold her for a million-dollar ransom, they discover that the girl is not only gorgeous with a spectacular body, but is in addition a virgin. They also find out that she may be even kinkier than they are.

😄

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

https://shop.umbrellaent.com.au/products/masters-of-the-universe-1987-collectors-edition-blu-ray-book-rigid-case-slipcase-poster-artcards

Are YOU a big enough fan of Masters of the Universe to buy this?

...Magic 8-Ball says "PROBABLY NOT"

I was a massive Masters of the Universe fan growing up. I could not wait to see this movie.
All those images they're using on the supplemental gimmicks for that Bluray set are amazing, and remind me of what I hoped that movie was going to be when it originally came out.

It also reminds me of how fucking disappointed I was when they ended up on earth eating fried chicken.

• Like 1

It was the first movie I ever saw in the theater at age 5. Even though I still played with He-Man figures to death I don't believe I was real crazy for it. I was still busy dressing up like Rambo and chasing little girls saying I was "Freddy Cougar". 

Betcha Dad did NOT see the "parents killed in a plane crash" angle coming 😄

1 hour ago, jaedmc said:

It also reminds me of how fucking disappointed I was when they ended up on earth eating fried chicken.

It was ribs.

Teela: I wonder why they put the food on these little white sticks?

Man At Arms: It's a rib bone!

• Haha 1

I honestly couldn't watch the clip I posted. I was just going off my memory. I remembered a bucket and I thought there was a fried chicken place.

https://shoutfactory.com/products/classic-tokusatsu-collection-exclusive-poster?variant=40477947166854

Get ready to be transported back to the sixties to experience some of the early, eye-popping Tokusatsu films from Toei. Fiends from outer space! Amphibious gill-men from an underwater city! A superhuman mummy ready to save Earth! Sonny Chiba fighting robot-men! This stupendous box set is your ticket to the best of the colossal-est genre of them all!

DISC ONE:
PRINCE OF SPACE (1080p High-Definition Widescreen (2.35:1) / Japanese DTS-HD Master Audio Mono / B&W / 57 min.)
A mysterious hero must intervene when a nefarious presence from outer space arrives to steal a powerful new rocket fuel.

INVASION OF THE NEPTUNE MEN (1080p High-Definition Widescreen (2.35:1) / Japanese DTS-HD Master Audio Mono / B&W / 75 min.)
Sonny Chiba stars in this fantastical adventure about repelling invaders arriving from a distant planet to attack Tokyo.

DISC TWO:
WATARI THE NINJA BOY (1080p High-Definition Widescreen (2.35:1) / Japanese DTS-HD Master Audio Mono / Color / 86 min.)
When the evil leaders of two ninja clans con their members into a relentless war, only a young ninja boy can save the day.

GOLDEN NINJA (aka THE GOLDEN BAT) (1080p High-Definition Widescreen (2.35:1) / Japanese DTS-HD Master Audio Mono / B&W / 73 min.)
An evil alien threatens Earth, and a group of scientists travel to Atlantis to awaken a superhuman mummy defender in this thriller starring Sonny Chiba!

DISC THREE:
DRAGON SHOWDOWN (aka THE MAGIC SERPENT) (1080p High-Definition Widescreen (2.35:1) / Japanese DTS-HD Master Audio Mono / Color / 85 min.)
A young prince must summon all his powers to take back a throne stolen from his family by a treacherous murderer!

NINJA SCOPE (1080p High-Definition (1.33:1) / Japanese DTS-HD Master Audio Mono / Color/B&W / 52 min.)
Powerful ninjas and otherworldly creatures inhabit this adventure of Watari, a young ninja boy in feudal Japan.

DISC FOUR: BONUS FILM
TERROR BENEATH THE SEA (1080p High-Definition Widescreen (1.78:1) / English Dubbed DTS-HD Master Audio Mono / Color / 79 min.)
Sonny Chiba stars in this tale about a group of surface dwellers who happen upon an underwater city ruled by a mad scientist and his amphibious servants.

• Like 1

Scream Factory Sale is up. https://shoutfactory.com/collections/love-is-in-the-scare-2024

Spend 100 bucks and you get to choose a free gift, some of which are pretty wild.

Free Gift Movies:

Cursed

Femme Fatale

Revenge of the Cheerleaders

House of Wax(the remake)

Elvira's Haunted Hills

Piranha collector's set with enamel Pins and Poster. ($94 MSRP)

Paranoiac

Brotherhood of the Wolf

Happy Death Day/ Happy Death Day 2 U enamel pin and Poster set($115 MSRP)

Skyline

Bless The Child

King Kong

Species

Army of Darkness

Whispers in the Dark

Carrie

Chamber of Horrors

The Unborn

The Legend of Hell House

What We Become

I assume it’s just ninja = good, samurai = bad. I’d probably have to know more about Shingen Takeda and Oda Nobunaga than what I’ve gleamed from the Samurai Warriors games.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I know "Girlfight" is a well regarded film, for good reason, but unfortunately it also reinforced for Michelle Rodriguez that "sneering *is* acting."

This is pretty wild; one of the new streaming Dish channels, The Film Detective, has a Wednesday post-9 PM lineup of selections from... Something Weird Video?! Cool! Coincidentally, they're still in business, and partners with other notables like Severin and Kino and AGFA. And of course you can see their stuff on Night Flight Plus. 

Edited by Curt McGirt

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

This is pretty wild; one of the new streaming Dish channels, The Film Detective, has a Wednesday post-9 PM lineup of selections from... Something Weird Video?! Cool! Coincidentally, they're still in business, and partners with other notables like Severin and Kino and AGFA. And of course you can see their stuff on Night Flight Plus. 

The Night Flight Plus Something Weird streaming section has been there awhile but not a huge list of them. Maybe the Dish one is a bigger collection?

Nighrt Flight also has  a few other sections just for boutique blu ray label titles. Highly recommend.

Edited by piranesi

It's not a collection, it's just a block of airtime every Wednesday night. So they just show some of their poverty row, public domain stock with the likes of a dying-on-his-feet Lon Chaney Jr. 

Gotta say though, they have shown some cool stuff like restored versions of Night Tide and Dementia 13. I caught Messiah of Evil on one of the channels and it was insane. The gorier fare is disappointing me though; some of it is blurred like they're being aired on Comet which is some BS I initially hadn't seen.