DVDVR Message Board

The Mass Effect thread

I got dropped into a match last night with a guy that JT and I have played with on and off for like 2 years now.

Good old HiTecWise and his N7 rating of 9700+ (for comparison - JT is around 2700 and I am around a 2400 N7 rating and I think we have made it clear how much we play)

For some reason I feel better about the fact that there is someone who plays the multiplayer more than me.

I still cannot believe that guy is still around and has an N7 rating of nearly ten thousand.  I have had to prune my Friends List of folks I've met in ME3 because they've been Offline for more than a year and I no longer keep in contact with them, but HiTecWise is still at it.

Welp beat ME2 with all DLC. Shadow Broker was by far the best of the group. Arrival felt... weird.

Anyway, ME3! Alrighty got Javik, and kinda pissed I had to it 2 years to get him on my team. Need to figure how to build him. I'm playing as an Adept with my bonus power as Marksman: This might not seem to make much sense, but it's a fun play style: I can detonate explosions at will, and when I'm against an enemy that doesn't work well against, I blast the overloving hell out of them with Marksman. I'm never out of my element.

Out of curiosity, much like ME2, when is the best time to do ME3's DLC? When do they become available? Cause I have Leviathon, Omega, Citadel, and while I know Citadel comes last, no clue on the other 2.

Leviathan is available after Priority: Palaven

Omega doesn't become available until the 2nd Act (ie after Battle of Citadel)

For Leviathan - I would at least wait until you have firmly a love interest and then bring that love interest with you as it adds extra dialogue/cut scenes

And like Fresh said - make sure you have done absolutely everything you possibly can right before going to the Cerberus base to do Citadel

Actually, you can do Omega as soon as you want. I'm doing it right now and I don't even have Priority: Sur'Kesh complete yet.

You are right - I misread the order on the wiki when I was double checking.

Obviously it is Citadel that is the one that doesnt show up until after Priority: Citadel II

Only just started ME1 - picked up Liara. Pissed off beyond all belief that I had to restart the whole mission after getting splatted just before going into the crater.

One of the first side missions I picked up was the distress signal from the lost soldiers - that bastard worm thing was a complete pain in the ass until I realised I could shoot rockets with R1.

I will be frustrated with this game, but it looks bloody gorgeous.

Just remember on ME1 - you can hang way back in the Mako and shoot things with your rockets. Angling yourself on hills/sides of mountains so you can hit enemies but they can't hit you is a MUST

The Mako's main mass accelerator cannon completely blows if you aim tight through the sights.   Zoom in to use the auto-cannon and zoom out to use the main gun.

And what Rippa said.  You are the only person in the galaxy that gets to use a fighting vehicle while other humanoids are forced to fight you on foot.  Exploit the range of the main cannon and you should win 90% of battles with conventional enemies.

Thresher Maws are crapshoot, though.

For some reason, I never had trouble with thresher maws.  I always fight them on foot if I've got an even halfway decent assault rifle.  I just use the old technique of running a circle around the target, shooting continuously.  I might lose one or both teammates, but that approach is successful probably 95% of the time.

For some reason, I never had trouble with thresher maws.  I always fight them on foot if I've got an even halfway decent assault rifle.  I just use the old technique of running a circle around the target, shooting continuously.  I might lose one or both teammates, but that approach is successful probably 95% of the time.

Try taking it's health out with a Mako: stay stationary, but when he does his spit thing, just hit your boosters when its coming at you. It's incredibly easy that way.

wait - the maka has boosters?

yup - don't ask me which button it is but you can do a little burst almost like a Mako hop.

It's the best for hoping over missiles from turrets.

Also helpful when you have accidentially wedged yourself on a rock trying to scale a mountain

Finally got through all of the EC endings last night.

Fuck the Catalyst.  Destroy still feels like the best option.  RIP EDI.

I can now attempt to remove Sleeping Dogs off of my Pile of Shame.

In news that Dragon isn't going to like - all the ME3 DLC is avaialbe for 50% off on XBOX live

Full of guns that I hate.  If Bioware really is working on the next installments, I hope the DLC is story driven and not, "Hey!  Here is a cool new uniform for you kids!"