DVDVR Message Board

NJPW/RoH Honor Rising 2/26 and 2/27

Raziel

NJPW/ROH Honor Rising, Feb 26 and 27, both at Korakuen Hall, Toyko, Japan.

2/26

KUSHIDA, Juice Robinson, & David Finlay vs. Silas Young & CHAOS (Jado & Gedo)

NEVER Openweight 6 Man Tag Team Championship

Los Ingobernables de Japon (EVIL, SANADA & BUSHI) (c) vs. Delirious, Jyushin "Thunder" Liger, & Tiger Mask IV

Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi, Tama Tonga & Tanga Roa) vs. CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Hirooki Goto, YOSHI-HASHI & Will Ospreay)

Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson) (Bullet Club) vs. War Machine (Hanson & Raymond Rowe)

Punisher Martinez & L.I.J. (Tetsuya Naito & Hiromu Takahashi) vs. Dalton Castle, Ryusuke Taguchi & Hiroshi Tanahashi

Bullet Club ("The American Nightmare" Cody & Hangman Page) vs. Katsuyori Shibata & Jay Lethal

Bullet Club (Kenny Omega & Adam Cole) vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe

2/27

KUSHIDA, David Finlay & Henare vs. Silas Young & CHAOS (Jado & Gedo)

Delirious, Dalton Castle, Jyushin "Thunder" Liger, Tiger Mask IV & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (Tetsuya Naito, Hiromu Takahashi, EVIL, SANADA & BUSHI)

War Machine (Hanson & Raymond Rowe) vs. Guerillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Roa) (Bullet Club)

Jay Lethal, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Juice Robinson vs. Bullet Club (Hangman Page, Bad Luck Fale & Yujiro Takahashi)

NEVER Openweight Championship

Hirooki Goto (CHAOS) (c) vs. Punisher Martinez

RoH World Championship

Adam Cole (Bullet Club) (c) vs. YOSHI-HASHI (CHAOS)

CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & Will Ospreay) & The Briscoe Bros (Jay & Mark) vs. Bullet Club (Kenny Omega, Cody, Nick & Matt Jackson)

Despite my serious concerns with Delirious' booking, pushing Punisher Martinez and using him in Japan, where he'll be extra gianty, is a great idea. 

Cole/Omega vs. Briscoes, the sequel, and Dalton having more interactions with Liger are among the things I'm looking most forward to. Both cards look like they'll be fun but will likely lack anything too blow away other than the aforementioned tags.

There is a high cuss potential in War Machines vs. GOD. 

It'll be interesting to see how Gedo manages the two big heel factions and if he continues to rotate them in and out. If they're all present, even if only half from each stable work shows, that's a really heel heavy roster, particularly if you're still counting LIJ as heels (Naito sure as hell isn't).

3 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

NJPW/ROH Honor Rising, Feb 26 and 27, both at Korakuen Hall, Toyko, Japan.

2/26

KUSHIDA, Juice Robinson, & David Finlay vs. Silas Young & CHAOS (Jado & Gedo)

Should be fine.

NEVER Openweight 6 Man Tag Team Championship

Los Ingobernables de Japon (EVIL, SANADA & BUSHI) (c) vs. Delirious, Jyushin "Thunder" Liger, & Tiger Mask IV

Title change~!

Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi, Tama Tonga & Tanga Roa) vs. CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Hirooki Goto, YOSHI-HASHI & Will Ospreay)

Should be good.

Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson) (Bullet Club) vs. War Machine (Hanson & Raymond Rowe)

I assume this will be good.

Punisher Martinez & L.I.J. (Tetsuya Naito & Hiromu Takahashi) vs. Dalton Castle, Ryusuke Taguchi & Hiroshi Tanahashi

This will also be fun.

Bullet Club ("The American Nightmare" Cody & Hangman Page) vs. Katsuyori Shibata & Jay Lethal

The match of dreams AND NIGHTMARES. Not a cody pun. I'm sure this is some people's nightmare. Probably his after Shibata kicks him.

Bullet Club (Kenny Omega & Adam Cole) vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe

Should be good.

2/27

KUSHIDA, David Finlay & Henare vs. Silas Young & CHAOS (Jado & Gedo)

A match.

Delirious, Dalton Castle, Jyushin "Thunder" Liger, Tiger Mask IV & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (Tetsuya Naito, Hiromu Takahashi, EVIL, SANADA & BUSHI)

A match 2.0.

War Machine (Hanson & Raymond Rowe) vs. Guerillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Roa) (Bullet Club)

Should be fine.

Jay Lethal, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Juice Robinson vs. Bullet Club (Hangman Page, Bad Luck Fale & Yujiro Takahashi)

Could go either way.

NEVER Openweight Championship

Hirooki Goto (CHAOS) (c) vs. Punisher Martinez

I have no idea, I've never seen Martinez.

RoH World Championship

Adam Cole (Bullet Club) (c) vs. YOSHI-HASHI (CHAOS)

Should be good.

CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & Will Ospreay) & The Briscoe Bros (Jay & Mark) vs. Bullet Club (Kenny Omega, Cody, Nick & Matt Jackson)

Should be absurd.

They will be fun shows that are worth the watch but probably nothing that you have to go out of your way to see.  I just don't care for much of the ROH roster right now. It's a bunch of dudes who are decent enough but never blow me away.  Even a guy like Adam Cole, I see him praised in some circles, he doesn't intrigue me much. I thought the ROH title match on 1/4 was the worst match on the card.

The cards would be a lot better if you replaced Tiger Mask with Yano. Stating the obvious and that always applies because TM is awful but think of how fun those comedy matches would be with him in there. But faction warz! 

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the Bucks/War Machine and BC/Briscoes tags from 2/26.  Dug both, with the latter really standing out by bringing the comedy early with Adam Cole's shtick continuing derailing the team before things invariably heated up.  My latest dream match I never realized I wanted is Jay Briscoe and Bray Wyatt throwing running body blocks at each other over and over.

For 2/27 I watched the two singles title bouts and the main.  Punisher Martinez did nothing for me (aside from the crazy visual of a guy that size busting out the Ricochet over the post dive) and it really just felt like waiting around for Goto to finally end things.  YOSHI-HASHI continues his run of being surprisingly game and engaging in showcase-style bouts, despite the fact I still hate most of his silly signature spots.  Good all around match though, and really got a kick out of YOSHI-HASHI aping Cole's gimmick.  The main was a goddamn roller coaster: started out well, turned into a bit of a meandering car crash for a while, came roaring back with a molten run to the finish, and then the final pairing to get to the desired result was a little deflating.  Would still definitely recommend, however!

The 2/27 main was entertainingly good, not a classic wrestling match by any means, but entertaining. Ospreay is just so much fun to watch even if he's not everyone's dream professional wrestler.

The Yoshi-Hashi match was good, but I don't really see a lot in Adam Cole. He's OK. Seems like the ROH champ should be better than OK, though. Doesn't seem to have much personality past the "Adam Cole baby" thing.

Hadn't seen him before, but I loved Silas Young's look - he needs to be wearing a duster and a cowboy hat, maybe some chaps, have a clawhold as a finisher, maybe carry a bullrope or a whip. He's not exactly top of the card, but he's entertaining enough in an opening-match role.

You gotta admit it's cool of one of Japan's biggest stars to be one of Dalton Castle's Boys.