DVDVR Message Board

The Ultimate Fighter 23: Team Joanna vs. Team Cláudia Finale (7/8/2016) - Las Vegas, NV (MGM Grand Garden Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

I scored it for Brooks.  I like Pearson.  He's decent, but this is the story of his career.  He's just a decent, mid-level guy.  He doesn't rise to the occasion and get those signature wins.  Even that fight with Diego Sanchez he should've won...it's still Diego Sanchez.  

He took the third round, but he waited too long to wake the hell up in that fight.

Great fight in the main event.  If you aren't respecting the women MMA fighters and the strawweights there's something wrong with you.  I love Joanna's combinations and her striking style.  Part of my problem is that a lot of male MMA fighters aren't really throwing combinations like that or they look like they don't know how to throw combinations at all.

Joanna's gas tank and stamina really came through for her tonight.  

Excellent fight. Played out like I thought it would, but that's what made it great. Just like I said, it had the feeling of a fight where someone would go up 2-0 and put the person behind in quite a predictment. However, once Claudia started to move backwards, Joanna made all the proper adjustments to absolutely dominate the final three rounds. She dropped Claudia's output to single digits and outlanded her 185-18 in those rounds. The Little Rockstar gets it done.

Man some of those scores were a little surprising as it looks way more dominant than it actually was. She had to have gotten some 10-8.    Joanna cardio is just incredible.  She could have gone another 2 or 3 rounds it seemed.  I am not sure if it was Claudia has poor cardio or that Joanna's tank is just twice as big.  I thought she was dominating the first 2 rounds so she hit that wall in the middle of 3rd and just had nothing left

only watched the title fight and the Brooks-Pearson match.

i had Brooks winning the fight, but not a particularly great fight to begin a UFC run with.

Joanna Champion was just fantastic. i was worried early on, but once she took over, she never let off. Just a dominating final three rounds.

I had Pearson winning the first and third. But Pearson is one of those 'just there' UFC fighters who wins as many as he loses (at this level) so Brooks barely beating him doesn't position him as a world beater or anything.