DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

Guest Edwin

Ryan Ford's front kick KO of Josh Powell at WSOF Canada 1 was pretty great.

There's been some free weekly MMA on Friday nights from Mexico streaming on YouTube called RDC. They've had 3 shows so far, but nothing noteworthy aside from the fact that Pequeño has fought on 2 of the cards picking up back to back wins 2 weeks in a row, Brian Foster who fought a handful of times in the UFC has also fought on one of the cards and Kim Couture who I'm sure y'all are familiar with got TKO'd in 45 seconds by Alexis Dufresne.

Here's the link to their YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RetoDeCampeonesMMA

In case you're bored on a Friday night and want to watch some MMA it's on at 11 PM.

Guest Edwin

Time to get pumped!

A rematch of one of the greatest MMA fights of all time will be happening on April 13 in Brazil... Melvin Manhoef vs. Evangelista Cyborg II.

And in memory of that, I shall post their first fight for those of you who've never seen it, you must see it if you're a fan of MMA.

Erick Silva vs. Matt Brown will headline the Cincy show.

Awesome fight. Should be an explosive one round fight. Even though he's an idiot, I'd like to see Matt Brown keep winning. He's going to need to stop leaving himself open for that to happen.

Overeem has finally signed to fight dos Santos at...hahahaha, just kidding.  Junior dos Santos vs. Stipe Miocic at UFC 173.

Another good fight. I'm probably the biggest Miocic fan here, but I don't see a way he wins. I'll be pulling for the guy in any event. Big step up for Miocic if he decides to keep it standing.

Sucks that UFC has to burn a potential title contender because Overeem is ducking JDS,

It is good in a way though as it paves the way for Overeem vs. Hunt II.  Which means the UFC will do something stupid like Overeem vs. Bigfoot II instead.

• Like 1

What about the rumored Ronda Rousey v. Gina Carano fight in July?

That was just Meltzer speculation and won't happen.

What sense would it make to talk about Cyborg needing to be drop down in weight and then try to sign another woman with notorious problems getting down in weight?

Sucks that UFC has to burn a potential title contender because Overeem is ducking JDS,

Don't see a problem with this fight at all.  Miocic needs a win over someone like Dos Santos in order to clinch a title shot after having so much trouble with Gabriel Gonzaga.   He should be able to beat JDS to be a contender.  It wasn't that long ago he was knocked out by Stefan Struve.

Guest Edwin

As much as I like Miocic, he's got nothing for JDS.

I actually don't think any of the current heavyweights aside from Cain has anything for JDS.

JDS is basically the Frankie Edgar/Chad Mendes of the heavyweight division.

I actually don't think any of the current heavyweights aside from Cain has anything for JDS.

Chad Mendes: preventing Darren Elkins and Cody McKenzie from getting their deserved title shots.

Guest Edwin

Chad Mendes: preventing Darren Elkins and Cody McKenzie from getting their deserved title shots.

And the point went over your head.

In reality there's no one at 145 in the UFC aside from Aldo and each other that can beat either Frankie or Mendes.

Same thing can be said for JDS. Aside from Cain, no one at HW can beat JDS.

Guest Edwin

South African MMA fighter Booto Guylain has passed away following a series of injuries he suffered after a fight including bleeding in the brain on February 27.

Sucks big time, my thoughts and prayers are with his fam.

Guest Edwin

Titan FC 28 is looking a lot better than their last card which isn't really that tough of a task.

They just announced Mike Ricci vs. George Sotiropoulos along with the previously announced Vinny Magalhaes vs. Jason Brilz, Jeff Curran vs. Illiarde Santos and Dave Herman vs. DJ Linderman.

Miocic has something for JDS. If you're a heavyweight who is good at striking, and your opponent's primary mode of attack is striking, you always have something for him. JDS is crisper, and - if my mind's eye is right at all - has better reach, but he's not so outlandishly good at striking that Miocic can't get him. 

Do I think JDS is the massive favourite? Sure. Do I think Miocic has nothing for him? Nope. He's not a dummy like Carwin and he's not 5'10 like Hunt.

I also think Werdum would be interesting in a JDS rematch. He's looked excellent since his UFC return.