DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2013: September Thread Where Pittsburgh Tries to Win it All

Craig H

He landed on the side of 1st base awkwardly with his left foot and it looked like maybe his MCL tore (as in tore off the knee) causing his lower leg to twist pretty freely outward (like when you open your foot out to the side).

To me it didn't actually look that gross compared to some bone breaks we've all seen footage of because even though your leg isn't supposed to do that so easily, it didn't end up doing anything that you couldn't do on your own slowly as a stretch.  It wasn't like his lower leg was hanging  off his knee or something.

Your leg just shouldn't be able to do that on its own "in mid air."

Is there any chance that MLB will expand to 2 more teams and realign themselves like the NFL? 4 divisional winners and two wild cards.

There was talk of that and I think a study is being done to bring baseball back to Montreal (including some Mets/Blue Jays spring training games there next spring) but am not sure what other cities might be under consideration. Don't know how firm this is though...

That would be awesome, as I would immediately ditch the Jays to return to my true love, the Expos. But surely this can't be a possibility without a new stadium? There's no way they can play in the Big Owe and survive. Are there any talks in Montreal about building a new park?

That said, bring them back. Bring them all back.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have a deep and abiding love for the Expos too. Part of the feasibility study in Montreal is to ascertain whether or not a small-to-mid size new park is an option.

The Yankees game tonight is a massive shit show.  It's Mariano Bobblehead night, but the shipment came extremely late.  They didn't open the gates until much later than normal leading to angry mobs outside waiting for the bobbleheads.

So they let people in with vouchers for the bobbleheads...  and so of course they decide to make this an absolute disaster by announcing they would be giving them away mid-game. 

http://deadspin.com/mariano-rivera-bobblehead-night-is-a-fiasco-1379900267

I dunno, man, bobbleheads and fireworks kept the Pirates afloat attendance-wise during the leanest of years. Don't underestimate their power.

Plus, have you ever searched for some of those game giveaway bobbles on Ebay? I wanted a Wild Thing Vaughn bobble that Cleveland gave away a few years ago and people are asking well over $100 for one. I bet you'll see those Mariano bobbles on Ebay tomorrow for twice that price.