DVDVR Message Board

Post WWE SummerSlam 2013 Smackdown spoilers.

The Natural

I'm kind of interested where they are going with "Che" del Rio. Seems that having him play up he's a Latino hero of some sort even if he's insincere will put him at odds with Zeb again. Unless they are working together to lead all of Alberto's followers into migra buses.

• Like 1

Finally watching Smackdown.I really liked the D-Bry/RKO introduction a lot. They're really nailing Daniel Bryan's Everyman credentials. I loved Daniel talking about how Randy was gifted everything while also taking him down a few notches by calling him pretty.

Christian/ADR was unsurprisingly very good. ADR's formula has been perfected. I think he's probably the best person on the roster capable of having good matches out of RVD. He'll know how to get in the right spots to let RVD do his stuff and put it in a story of him going after the shoulder. Ricardo's introduction of RVD was really great, too. I liked his little dramatic beat. "He doesn't look down on people... He stands up for them."

Mark Henry's shoulder tackle on Heath Slater is why I watch wrestling. I liked The Shield promo, too -- they're not scared of Henry/Big Show, which is a lot more interesting than them being scared. That's going to get over the inevitable "We made a BIG mistake pissing these dudes off" spot in their match pretty well.

Cesaro/D-Young was a nice, snug little match. Titus was pretty good as a second.

The cage match was also really good. I thought they did a really great job of incorporating Bryan's usual spots (the dropkick sequences) into the concept of the cage. The end sequence was nutty. Kudos to Wade for sacrificing his vertebrae on that powerbomb bump. I actually got the feeling that this was a test drive of sorts for these two.

I'm not saying it was the best tv show of the year or even close to it, but that might have been my favorite show all year.  Yes there were matches I wish had gotten more time BUT....

- Really liked the opening segment and often don't like WWE opening segments

- I don't even like Cody and I'm middle of the road on McGuillicutty but aside from the weak finisher I thought it was a decent match.

- Dolph should only be allowed to work sprints against Big E at this point.  Guy is a great base and dude for Dolph to fly off of, his big spots look really impressive and he will take a crazy bump himself.

- Actually this was the show of psychotic bumps as Del Rio almost died five seconds into the Christian match and then Christian took his lump later.  They had another really good match.  Not at the level of the ppv, but a very good tv match.  Ricardo with RVD is so stupid that it makes me laugh so there is that too.

- Show/Henry I really like as a team.  I don't really like Henry being all smiley, but on scale I want to see them crush dudes and watching them crush 3MB was fun.  Slater brought his version of the crazy bump here.

- Cesaro v. Darren Young was damn fun for the three or four minutes it got.  I wish they would make better use of Cesaro's talents, but I have hope they are building a real angle with these teams and wouldnt' be shocked to see them get the youtube match for the next ppv which would be great.

- Another great Ryback bully segment.

- Barrett/Bryan in the Cage was good.  Not great, but good.  Glad Bryan is keeping the running knee KO finish and that powerbomb was another nutty spot.

I just thought the show was a good use of a broad cross section of talent.  I really do love Sheamus and Cena, but I think in some ways them being gone is going to open up for a lot of fun top to bottom shows like this

Mark Henry wasn't smiling. His lips are scared of his teeth...

Reads like a good show, but I'm not a fan of putting the A storyline on the B show.

I've come to a horrible realization. The McMahons and HHH have decided that what makes the storyline the A storyline is their presence. Bryan, Orton, and the WWE championship? They're the B story...

• Like 1

Reads like a good show, but I'm not a fan of putting the A storyline on the B show.

I've come to a horrible realization. The McMahons and HHH have decided that what makes the storyline the A storyline is their presence. Bryan, Orton, and the WWE championship? They're the B story...

I didn't even think of that. So A=McMahons, HHH, Cena, CM Punk, and Brock. B=Orton, Bryan, Del Rio, Ziggler, etc. That's very interesting.