DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

The worst part of judging the jury was trying to evadethe cops while JT wastrying to give me directions in my ear.

I was so annoyed that Lester took my $600 to erase my wanted level and it didnt go away.

----

Thumbs up to JT for getting 100% on the under the bridges achievement.

Found myself in Freemode when I thought we were doing more jobs. But I was at Sandy Shores airfield and there was a Buzzard sitting right there for anyone to have. Took, it, picked up a Special Crate and got a bounty, then VolkHan0 spawned in and did a Gang Attack, so I flew up and helped out. Texted him "Who are you (DVDVR)?" but he left without replying. So I flew over to where my friend G5 was griefing some poor unfortunate, landed the Buzzard next to him, got out so he could fly, and quit the game.

That was five minutes ago. He's probably cost himself a fortune in other people's insurance since then.

Oh yeah, if you kept duped cars in your garage after the hooker glitch and found they were unsellable, they're back to being sellable again.

As a precautionary measure, I "money laundered" by selling all of my duped Adders and using the proceeds to buy Adders and Z-Types. I'll make less money in the long run, but at least I'm rid of the duped Adders, in case they figure out a way to keep people from selling the duped Adders.

Well I just finished the flight school special event whatever you call it. If anyone wants to die, climb in a Besra with me. Damn I cannot fly that thing.

Managed to win the Coquette race and the parachute jump, so that was a surprise. Spawned into freemode right beside the guy who kicked our asses in the playlist, and damn if he didn't have a $7,000 bounty on him. Killed him, tucked tail and ran before he respawned, and there sits a Simeon car. Out ran a guy chasing me and delivered it.

Some dick from the IGN crew was invisible and blew me up when I got out of the garage, so I sniped his ass twice and blew up his car. So, all in all, it's been a standard DVDR type session.

• Like 3

I have $1,666,344 in GTA money right now. Should I buy a Besra?

Anyone who says save up more and buy a Miljet is an idiot.

I bought a miljet, but it was funded by hookers...so

I also have >22,000,000

edit-

Hey I just noticed this at the top of the page:

well shit I get an error (You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.) when I try to link to the image...here's the link

http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/simgad/350553340620585919

I should have clicked to make the playaz some $$

Edited by misanthrope304

Well I just finished the flight school special event whatever you call it. If anyone wants to die, climb in a Besra with me. Damn I cannot fly that thing.

Managed to win the Coquette race and the parachute jump, so that was a surprise. Spawned into freemode right beside the guy who kicked our asses in the playlist, and damn if he didn't have a $7,000 bounty on him. Killed him, tucked tail and ran before he respawned, and there sits a Simeon car. Out ran a guy chasing me and delivered it.

Some dick from the IGN crew was invisible and blew me up when I got out of the garage, so I sniped his ass twice and blew up his car. So, all in all, it's been a standard DVDR type session.

Attaboy. Make him pay for his poor life choice of not being one of us. That's practicing the number one rule of crew Freemode: Us good, them bad.

I have $1,666,344 in GTA money right now. Should I buy a Besra?

Anyone who says save up more and buy a Miljet is an idiot.

Why do you want a jet that doesn't have guns? To fly around town and get blown up by all those assholes with Lazers? I can see where they'd be fun in a private room, doing stunts like flying under bridges, etc., but they'd be pretty much useless in Freemode. Depends on how hard you wanna work to make money back, 'cause that would pretty much killl your cash, right? 

If you don't mind working to earn the money back - cause something will come along that you'll want - go for it. If you're more the Freemode type who is never exactly flush with cash, I dunno.

I played the weekend playlist, and I'm rather certain that I'm the single-worst jet pilot at my level in all of GTA Online. I flew around with some Level 40 random while alone in Freemode a few weeks ago, and he flew about 2,000 times better than me. He was doing stunts in a Titan. I can't land a freaking plane and I"m 280 levels above him. Freaking absurd.

That last air race where you're practically flying two feet off the ground got the way, way Big Fresh thumbs-down from me. As did the Besra/Buzzzard capture mission. That playlist should've been called Things that Stout Is Really Freaking Bad At.

I adore that race, though. Still finished fourth in the race.

• Like 1

Hey, guess what, everybody? There's a new God mode glitch that's about 2,000,000 times easier to do than the last one. You don't even have to own a certain garage, and it involves the strip club, so you know all the 12-year-olds will be doing it. We're screwed until the next update sometime in December.

There's also a very easy to do glitch that makes players both invisible and off the game's radar, which makes them rather hard to see coming. They're not invincible, just impossible to see.

So, heads up. Let's be careful out there.

• Like 1

I played the weekend playlist, and I'm rather certain that I'm the single-worst jet pilot at my level in all of GTA Online. I flew around with some Level 40 random while alone in Freemode a few weeks ago, and he flew about 2,000 times better than me. He was doing stunts in a Titan. I can't land a freaking plane and I"m 280 levels above him. Freaking absurd.

That last air race where you're practically flying two feet off the ground got the way, way Big Fresh thumbs-down from me. As did the Besra/Buzzzard capture mission. That playlist should've been called Things that Stout Is Really Freaking Bad At.

Oh hell, the air race...I was so bad that I just dove into the dirt 3 or 4 times because I missed a checkpoint and it was quicker than trying to circle that bitch back around.

And the Besra capture was just as brutal. I got blown up 4 times, then finally made it all the way to the fort. Came in too hot on the landing and blew it up.

I can fly and land a plane with no problems. But a jet is a big fat no. I always land by cutting the engine and just gliding in. Works every time. But if you try that shit in a jet, it just dive bombs straight to the ground. Then I end up frantically hitting the thruster to restart the engine and don't have enough time to level back out.

Anyway, got about halfway through flight school before I got mad and quit. I got gold on all but two. And here's where I really got confused.

The one where you catch your parachute in mid air and then land. I caught it on the first try, plummeted to the ground, opened the chute at the last minute, and landed perfectly in the center of the landing zone. Bronze medal. What the fuck?

Edit: Oh yeah, Stout. Since you hate jets as much as I do, let me know how the "Formation Flying" lesson goes for you. I personally want to axe murder the developer that created it.

I learned my lesson in San Andreas, I doubt I will touch the flight school.  There is really no reason for me to attempt it.  I care that my flying skill is almost maxed out, but I can finish that up by flying a buzzard around decapitating passives hiding on top of shipping container's under bridges (ask Robert) and blowing up POV's  (4 kills one night a week or so back on moving targets, you just gotta lead your shot)...

Plus, even though I can put my controller back together, I really don't wanna have to.

• Like 2

I managed bronzes in all of the lessons up to it, but Formation Flying made me rage-quit the flying school. I'm of serious doubt I'll ever finish it.

I finally passed it. My recommendation is to try and get enough points before they make you start doing loops and maintaining formation upside down and all that shit. That is impossible.

The very next one is shooting targets in a buzzard. I passed it, but barely. Almost crashed the chopper 3 times. I hope the rest isn't this frustrating or I'll just forget the whole thing.

• Like 3

Thumbs up to JT for getting 100% on the under the bridges achievement.

I won't unlock the achievement until I complete the 15 Knife Flight challenges. 

I am going to use a guide and avoid the humiliation and 9/11 allegory that comes with crashing an airplane into the side of a large building.

Hey, guess what, everybody? There's a new God mode glitch that's about 2,000,000 times easier to do than the last one. You don't even have to own a certain garage, and it involves the strip club, so you know all the 12-year-olds will be doing it. We're screwed until the next update sometime in December.

Mushing them with tanks still works.

The one where you catch your parachute in mid air and then land. I caught it on the first try, plummeted to the ground, opened the chute at the last minute, and landed perfectly in the center of the landing zone. Bronze medal. What the fuck?

For whatever reason, unlike every parachute mission, this goes by where you stop after you take the few steps after landing, rather than where you first land, so aim a bit in front of the center and you should gold it.

• Like 2

Why do you want a jet that doesn't have guns? To fly around town and get blown up by all those assholes with Lazers? I can see where they'd be fun in a private room, doing stunts like flying under bridges, etc., but they'd be pretty much useless in Freemode. Depends on how hard you wanna work to make money back, 'cause that would pretty much killl your cash, right? 

If you don't mind working to earn the money back - cause something will come along that you'll want - go for it. If you're more the Freemode type who is never exactly flush with cash, I dunno.

It wouldn't kill my cash, I'd still have half a million left over. And I think Freemode is stupid, really. I like to get paid for Deathmatches, I don't understand why everyone's so determined to do them for free. Did you know that in the update, you can now set a preferred length for a One on One Deathmatch (instead of it just being 5 minutes everytime) and the maximum length is 60 minutes? I'm going to set mine to that. Everyone will rage quit, giving me the win. Not that I need the wins (and they don't actually count as Deathmatch wins anyway).

I'm always flush with cash (in the game). The thing that was hurting me was my second character spending all I earned while earning little of it back. Now that Xav isn't playing my second character anymore, my money is mine all mine. And now that I've reminded myself of Been Caught Stealing by Jane's Addiction, I'd just like to say you should have the option of shoplifting from shops, rather than just legitimately buying things or doing an armed robbery. Shoplifting, or looting Egochasers and Pisswassers after the clerk is dead.

The Coquette Classic race at the airport? My second time through, I got spun out at the second corner, and was wedged between a jumbo jet and some pallets, had to respawn. Fought my way back to fifth, and on the last corner of the last lap, the guy in 4th (who spun me out to begin with, and then gave me two places back by killing others ahead of me) took out the whole leading pack. I could have got out and walked to first.

The Besra / Buzzard Capture, it really needs equal teams. I just sait in the Hangar in a Buzzard and blew up anyone who tried to fly in. I did get good at landing Besra's straight into the hangar though - the number of people who think you can land and taxi in unmolested in unbelievable. A few times I overshot the landing, but oh well. Who cares about Captures anyway? They're not really.... If someone's unbeatable in Deathmatches, that's an impressive skill. If someone's unbeatable in Races, that's impressive. If someone can solo every Survival without ever going in cover, that's impressive. Winning every Capture in the game... nah.

Completed everything in Flight School. Some (like Flag Capture) I might go back to improve my score. Some (like Flying in Formation) can bugger right off.

• Like 1

I'm guessing the good news of the new god mode trick has not yet spread far and wide in the GTA little bitch community.  I helped RUkered and misanthrope cut a swathe of destruction through freemode last night, and we never did see any god mode hackers. 

What we did see were some folks that seriously need to work no their skills and/or choice of opponents.  One low level clown made the mistake of trying to take on both RUkered and myself while we were camped on top of the mall.  End result was him getting sniped about 50 times.  Guy just would not learn.  HIs basic approach was this:

1 - Go into a position where he thought he had cover

2 - get sniped

3 - spawn

4 - run back to the exact same spot

5 - Rinse, repeat

Surprised we could shoot straight from laughing at his expense so much.

It wouldn't kill my cash, I'd still have half a million left over. And I think Freemode is stupid, really. I like to get paid for Deathmatches, I don't understand why everyone's so determined to do them for free. Did you know that in the update, you can now set a preferred length for a One on One Deathmatch (instead of it just being 5 minutes everytime) and the maximum length is 60 minutes? I'm going to set mine to that. Everyone will rage quit, giving me the win. Not that I need the wins (and they don't actually count as Deathmatch wins anyway).

For me, it's the variety to freemode that I like.  I've done a shitload of deathmatches, and I still like them, but the types of combat you get don't usually vary that much.  I got a freemode kill last night with an ignition bomb.  Got another by suicide bombing a tank.  Had a guy sticky bomb me out of a buzzard.  That's my favorite type of stuff, and you very rarely see it in deathmatches.  Of my favorite kills in the game, only one has been in a DM - sticky bombing a tanker truck then waiting for melraz to wander by it.