DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

You can't even begin to know how much I love the way they changed mission payouts. People are still whining about it, which blows my mind. I don't really need the money and I still think it's great for beginning players, 'cause they can make some real money right off the bat and afford the nice things I had to grind my ass off to get.

I don't mind that at all. I'm not gonna "grandpa" them and say "We bought our things by grinding Rooftop, and we liked it!" I'm happy for them not having to hope some higher-level character invites them to do Rooftop to make some real money. It's cool that "the next generation," or whatever you wanna call them, won't have to grind Rooftop to be able to afford things.

Cmon man, it's one of few benefits of being old.  We get to do this:

Robert and I finished the night in a room with three other dudes, all three of which had grabbed tanks. We stood on top of a building in passive and watched the show. Then two of them got Buzzards. Then they started getting on roofs. I was like "jeez, fellas." One of them was putting $9,000 bounties and calling mercs on me at every opportunity even before we crossed paths.

I swear, I meant to remember what their deal was (two of them were in the same crew) to call for a Crew Jihad on them if any of you guy saw them in a room, but I can't remember anything about them. 

That's the first time I've ever been in a room where EVERYBODY had a tank at the same time, other than us. 

Those two clowns' crew was BRIK.  They both had Brick at the start of their names.  The third guy was ace something - don't remember his crew.  I managed to take out one tank with sticky bombs.  I lucked into a spot where I could hit the tank with stickys, but the tank couldn't get a shot on me.  Dumbass stayed there till I blew him up.  Felt good about that, as well as getting the two buzzards with RPGs.  No god moders and no jets was nice, at least.

• Like 1

You should go see how much it sucks for yourself.

But I'd do it in a private room. Last guy I saw riding the ferris wheel got met by me, Mis and Robert at the end of his ride. That didn't go well for him.

I should have listened. Even if you change the camera to first person. It goes back to the other view. It is literally paying 10 bucks or whatever to watch a cutscene.

I had to tap out earlier than I wanted so I could make it to work early today, so I missed out on freemode shenanigans. I think that was the first night in months where I actually earned money as opposed to emptying every rocket I own every 10 minutes.

I should be around for Jobber Thursday. They're reorganizing our floor at work so we have to pack up and leave early.

• Like 3

Event weekend this weekend. Double RP and $$$ and a unique parachute for doing the event playlist, extra RP and $$$ for Gang Attacks at airfields, 25% off properties near airfields and probably a photo competition or something. Oh, and it's free to call for a plane or heli, and Merryweather heli pickups (like anyone ever uses those) are half price.

Also, that low flying challenge is a pain in the arse. I've only ever gotten as far as the Wind Farm once, and then a blade took me out.

I use Merriweather helicopter pickups CONSTANTLY and get whiny when someone shoots the dude flying the chopper. I can finish all of his lines. If you put his lines together, he's wrecked twice on his first day on the job.

What I'll use it most for is if I'm in a private room to do missions or racing, I'll try to keep an eye on the clock to sell a car. When it's time to sell a car, I'll takea chopper back to my garage or to the LSC in the center of town to sell a car if the mission or race that I've been doing deposits me somewhere stupid like near the wind farm.

Or I'll take them if we play a mission and it's WAY too far to drive to get to the mission start. I'm an eccentric millionaire, if I want to have a hung-over terrible chopper pilot ferry me across town, I can surely afford to drop the grand to do so.

That's right, it was Brick. I'm gonna keep an eye out for those tank-grabbin' bastards. Other dude didn't grab a tank until those two had grabbed one apiece. 

"We used to dream of living in a corridor."

"We had the $200,000 apartment and we liked it! We didn't have no fireworks launcher."

I got stuck in a pipe and triggered a random job as a way of getting out. The random job I joined was a practice playlist for the weekend event. The first thing was a capture of the 'get a bag and bring it back to base' type. You spawn with two Swift helicopters and a bunch of Sanchez'. Cristobal took the one helicopter, flew to the middle, picked up a bag and went offline.

It took us 8 minutes to find his helicopter, in a ten minute job. Meanwhile the other team had just back and forthed their way to a five point lead while I was trapped behind a bloody fence.

On the upside, I have got a flightsuit and a Union Jack Parachute bag now.

Yeah - the payouts on missions are nice now.

I had over $90,000 for a little over 90 minutes of work.

I think judging the jury gave us each $29,800 on Hard with 5 of us.

Heck - Hack and Dash paid like $15,000 and that took us maybe 3 minutes and that was because JT, Robert and I spent too long figuring out who was going to do the hack.

• Like 1

I don't think I need the expensive flightsuit but I will probably invest in a new parachute,

I crashed for about three hours after signing off last night but was awoken by some commotion in the parking lot of my apartment complex.  Probably just raccoons.

Couldn't go back to sleep so I knocked out Flight School for Michael and had Trevor steal the minisub.  Prep work for the Merryweather Job is all done.  

Finally got the Downtown Cab Property Mission that hooks Franklin up with Liz.   Wow, her ex-boyfriend, Alonzo, was a real asshole.  I am still shit in GTA5 fistfights but I managed to pull off a counterpunch finisher without getting my ass kicked.

Had an awesome Random Encounter near the Redwoods Racing Track.  I wasn't thrilled about helping out a Lost biker, but the conversation provided a lot of backstory.  He even talked about Trevor and some of the shit that happened in The Lost &The Damned.

Switched back to Trevor and engineered the civillian Buzzard spawn on the Davis City Hall helipad.  Stole the chopper and parked it at Sandy Shores.  Now I have a reliable aircraft to use to fly under bridges.  I'll check that box before doing Three's Company.

Oh, almost forgot.  SPACE DOCKER ONE MORE TIME, BITCHES~!  The Spaceship Piece under the bridge near Fort Zancudo is a fucking chore to get.  I had to fly a helicopter and save my game while the heli was in mid air.  Took me and Franklin three parachute jumps to finally land on the bridge without clipping my chute and plunging to my death.

I hadthe usual mind-fuck of playing assassin's creed for two weeks and then playing GTA, which meanti kept swinging at poeple when i was trying to run.

Flight School can still eat it.

I'm still annoyed i bolloxed up Mixed Up with Coke. I skipped the construction site and went straight to where the cement truck usuaslly ison the eastside of the map. It wasnt there but i figured it would spawn once the ones at the consteuction site were destroyed. Nope. But the merryweather guys spawned. 3 or 4 of them and they all shot me dead when i was looking at the map. :(

I got stuck in a pipe and triggered a random job as a way of getting out. The random job I joined was a practice playlist for the weekend event. The first thing was a capture of the 'get a bag and bring it back to base' type. You spawn with two Swift helicopters and a bunch of Sanchez'. Cristobal took the one helicopter, flew to the middle, picked up a bag and went offline.

It took us 8 minutes to find his helicopter, in a ten minute job. Meanwhile the other team had just back and forthed their way to a five point lead while I was trapped behind a bloody fence.

On the upside, I have got a flightsuit and a Union Jack Parachute bag now.

Sorry about that. Game kicked me off right when I grabbed the damn bag.

I hadthe usual mind-fuck of playing assassin's creed for two weeks and then playing GTA, which meanti kept swinging at poeple when i was trying to run.

Flight School can still eat it.

I'm still annoyed i bolloxed up Mixed Up with Coke. I skipped the construction site and went straight to where the cement truck usuaslly ison the eastside of the map. It wasnt there but i figured it would spawn once the ones at the consteuction site were destroyed. Nope. But the merryweather guys spawned. 3 or 4 of them and they all shot me dead when i was looking at the map. :(

Mixed Up wth Coke, to me, is playable only if someone has a Buzzard. A tank helps, but isn't completely necessary. A Buzzard is. The more Buzzards, the merrier, actually. Those guys around the cement trucks at the construction site are instant death if you're on the ground. 

It can be done without a Buzzard, but it's about 20 times harder. 

Oh and the highlight of judging the jury was so we are searching for the random guy at the Observatory.

I climb all the way to the roof to try and locate him - finally Robert or Dolfan finds him. No problem

Well no problem except that I forget I am on the roof - so I plunge to my death.

Then later - I am spectating as JT is hunting down the last juror. He kills them and goes "okay - we just need to lose the cops"

I then go "yeah - as long as no one pulls a me"

Two seconds later "KidSixXx has committed suicide"

• Like 2

yeah you can snipe the two cement trucks at the construction site with an rpg from up the street and to the left from the original spawn without having to go into the construction site.  From there its a car chase to get the other cement trucks and attach a sticky bomb.  A buzzard makes it infinitely quicker though.

But the dudes still swarm around the construction site and have deadly aim. I didn't say it was impossible to do without a Buzzard. That second cement truck at the construction site is pretty tucked in, but I've never tried to take it out by going around the building.

Los Santos Connection is another one where I've pretty much got to have a Buzzard. That crap where someone's trying to hack the terminal is complicated without a Buzzard there to pick off the cars coming in.

If there's a Krazy_Spider_007 trying to get into the crew, that's Xavier (AxB junior). So let him in.

I did the Weekend event playlist with randoms one time. $69,000 for six jobs.

The First one is a 4-team Capture with everyone in Fighter jets, where you race to the red circle, and whoever gets the red circle scores 1 point for holding it 30 seconds. It's extremely confusing, but we won.

Second job is a Coquette Classic race at the airport. Lead into the first corner, got spun out by three guys and ended up 5th (of 6). Second lap, there's a tight-ish corner that goes near an unbreakable fence about halfway round. The front four all nudged each other wide of it, and I skipped past to get the lead back, and was never threatened again.

Third job, Air Force Zero-One is like the old cops and crooks. One guy is Air Force Zero. Attackers have to kill him, defenders have to protect him, he himself wins by getting to a point in the map. Our version messed up because there was lots of team jumping, nobody wanted to be the target and then everyone did, but it ended up with three chasers (me being one of them), two defenders and one runner. And the first death was the target, so that was the end of that.

Fourth job is a Capture where you have to take Besra's from one airfield to the other, while the opposite team takes them from the other to the one. You spawn at your opponent's base. We lost, because the guy on the other team playing defence realised you don't let them deliver and then kill them, which was the tactic of our defender. Although we did get a gift when one opponent, having delivered a Besra for his team, then flew back to our delivery point in another one, totally ignoring the Buzzards and Lazers he could have used. So I delivered mine, got out and got in his, taxiied ten yards and scored a second point for free.

Fifth job is a Parachute jump. BUY A SECOND PARACHUTE before you do this. A guy matched my score, but I won because I was able to ditch my first chute for the big drop, and then pull my second. He only had one, and had to do the slow circle. Me, 170 points, 1:30. Him 170 points, 3:55. I win.

Sixth job is a plane race. I never crashed. Everyone else crashed a whole punch. 6 racers, 3 DNFs. The guy in third was a full minute behind me.

'Twas fun though. Got a friend request out of it. And I could totally buy a Besra now if I wanted.

Oh and the highlight of judging the jury was so we are searching for the random guy at the Observatory.

I climb all the way to the roof to try and locate him - finally Robert or Dolfan finds him. No problem

Well no problem except that I forget I am on the roof - so I plunge to my death.

Then later - I am spectating as JT is hunting down the last juror. He kills them and goes "okay - we just need to lose the cops"

I got the juror but died in the subsequent chain explosion of the police cars at the hotel.  Robert and Mark survived, so we were all good. 

Hopefully me getting paid but not surviving counts as "completion" of the mission so it does not pop up in my job queue anymore.

But the dudes still swarm around the construction site and have deadly aim. I didn't say it was impossible to do without a Buzzard. That second cement truck at the construction site is pretty tucked in, but I've never tried to take it out by going around the building.

Los Santos Connection is another one where I've pretty much got to have a Buzzard. That crap where someone's trying to hack the terminal is complicated without a Buzzard there to pick off the cars coming in.

I managed to get both of the trucks without ever going into the construction yard.  Bounced a grenade launcher shot off a wall to get the one near the entrance, and sniped the second with an RPG from outside the fence.  The backup guys in the SUVs got mauled before I even had a chance to shoot at them.  Only downside was me accidentally blowing up Dolfan's shiny chrome Massacro after we got the one that goes into the cul-de-sac. 

I got the juror but died in the subsequent chain explosion of the police cars at the hotel.  Robert and Mark survived, so we were all good. 

Hopefully me getting paid but not surviving counts as "completion" of the mission so it does not pop up in my job queue anymore.

Not sure who all survived that one, but I certainly didn't I got cornered in the Death from Above house by a chopper and most of the LSPD.  It didn't end well for me.  Of course, that might've been for the best, because that way everybody else didn't have to wait 30 minutes as I tried to lose the cops.

A tank works very well on Los Santos Connection