DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

And then my night took a turn. I got my two favorite kills so far. We were up fighting on a hill off the highway in Blaine County. Mis and I spent a while tag-teaming police choppers with miniguns. I hear J.T. say that they've got scopes trained on a ton of guys riding the train. I join them and we wait for the guys to 'round the bend.

As it turns out, they're all riding alongside the train in cars. Since I suck with a sniper rifle, I missed killing two of the guys. I say screw it on the third guy and pull out the RPG. I lead the shot, and I'll be damned if the dude didn't drive right into the exploding rocket. It will be a million years before I pull that off again, but damn did it feel good.

The last assholes I got were two guys in a red Zentorno. They were basically doing a 2 mile loop on that highway, like they were taunting us or something. It was seriously like timing enemy A.I. patterns in Metal Gear. Just give it enough time, and they'll follow the same path. Anyway, I probably wasted 2 clips of sniper ammo trying to shoot them out of the car. Once again, fuck this. I drive my Entity down to the highway, coat the road with 5-6 sticky bombs, then drive back up the mountain and wait.

I pull out the sniper so I can see them coming. Sure enough, they're southbound once again. They get to the intersection and u-turn onto the northbound lanes. I follow them with the scope until they're right in the middle of my pile of joy, press left on the d-pad, and those bastards' car skidded fire like the Delorean going back in time.

I got to watch both of those through my sniper scope.  Had to be the kills of the night all around.  I'd been trying to get that red Zentorno forever, so I was quite happy to see it go.  And that RPG shot was a thousand to one shot.

My own personal highlight came in the confusion after you took em all out.  There was a maroon Escalade, or whatever it's called in the game, stopped in the middle of the highway.  It was far enough away that I couldn't see people, but I could see when they got in the car.  I just kept my sniper sights trained on the driver side window.  3 different guys got in that car in quick succession.  I sniped all 3 before they finally wised up and found a different means of escape.

• Like 2

The Great Train Ambush will live on in the tales of DVDR douchebaggery.  Rockets and bullets just rained down like mad and Burke's quality demolition skills was the cherry on top.  Hiding his booby trapped car in the hightway pile-up and then detonating it when those assholes crashed into it was fucking great.

I personally was happy that we got to get some payback on the two jet pilot assholes. COWARDS~!

I'd love to have membership to the crew boards of whatever sets those people belonged to. 

OMG, THESE DVDR FUCKS MAKE ME WANT TO KILL~!

Rippa slipped into the GTA chat channel and figured out that nearly everyone else in the room was in cahoots with one another.  Too bad that we were close to half of the server population.

"Skittles"' gamer tag is SkItTIEs6903 and I think the player is a female although age is undetermined.  I got a Friend Request from her sometime today and I accepted.  Now begins the conversion / corruption / recruitment process.  We will make her one of us..

• Like 1

Too be fair - it seemed like just the two dudes in jets who were monopolizing the game chat

Yeah, one guy ended up joining the other guy's crew.

I knew that vickyv25 was in our crew and is listed on the roster as a rep at that. 

ACCEPT OUR FRIEND REQUESTS, YO~!!!

I also remember Robert being really confused when he logged on and I was in the freemode session

I was a little baffled in general when I got on yesterday.  Long day.  When I saw you were still on, I figured y'all were all doing races or deathmatches.  Was surprised, and pleased, to see you'd joined the freemode heathen brigade.

The Great Train Ambush will live on in the tales of DVDR douchebaggery.  Rockets and bullets just rained down like mad and Burke's quality demolition skills was the cherry on top.  Hiding his booby trapped car in the hightway pile-up and then detonating it when those assholes crashed into it was fucking great.

I personally was happy that we got to get some payback on the two jet pilot assholes. COWARDS~!

I'd love to have membership to the crew boards of whatever sets those people belonged to. 

Rippa slipped into the GTA chat channel and figured out that nearly everyone else in the room was in cahoots with one another.  Too bad that we were close to half of the server population.

"Skittles"' gamer tag is SkItTIEs6903 and I think the player is a female although age is undetermined.  I got a Friend Request from her sometime today and I accepted.  Good to see at least one person had a no harm / no foul attitude.  If the tables were turned, I'm sure they'd expect the same from us....

.... if we didn't hold grudges...

Somehow I don't think skittles is going to be sending me any friend request any time soon.  I painted her purple top red with blood more than a few times.  I just don't have your way with the ladies.

Too be fair - it seemed like just the two dudes in jets who were monopolizing the game chat

Yeah, one guy ended up joining the other guy's crew.

Awesome, we made another love connection.  We are helpers.

"Skittles"' gamer tag is SkItTIEs6903 and I think the player is a female although age is undetermined.  I got a Friend Request from her sometime today and I accepted.  Good to see at least one person had a no harm / no foul attitude.  If the tables were turned, I'm sure they'd expect the same from us....

.... if we didn't hold grudges...

Somehow I don't think skittles is going to be sending me any friend request any time soon.  I painted her purple top red with blood more than a few times.  I just don't have your way with the ladies.

We will teach her to embrace her hate.   It will keep her warm like a soft blanket.

I had completely forgotten about the guys just minding their own business trying to play choo-choo. I think they were pretty much collateral damage of us chasing the two jet guys around. Once we separated them from their jets, they started having a really bad evening.

Yeah, those guys in the firefight with me and Dolfan and Phil got the hell out of Dodge rather quickly. Didn't even get to do my "HE'S RUNNIN' LIKE A SCALDED DAWG, BY GAWD" J.R. voice, though RUkered broke it out later at an appropriate moment.

Phil and J.T. pretty much routinely break up for me quite a bit. I still say we gotta dick around with the game chat (set on crew and friends) - there's gotta be less people worldwide using the game chat than using the Xbox chat.

The Herbinator~! (his title, not mine) sent me a message saying he's enjoying his summer school bus driving vacation and will be back on to give us a decided tactical advantage soon. He says hey.

• Like 1

Hey, did you pass along the URL of the board to Austrian Superstar Herby?  He needs to post here or something.

I tried to make nice with Pretty Girl Sweg but I think we may have blown up her Barbie car far too many times to be forgiven.  I will continue to enrich our gaming experience through gender diversification. 

Moongirl says, "Hi, guys!" by the way.  Almost time for her to get back to school.

I posted the page's URL to his wall, then thought that too public and took it down. I'll bit.ly it and message it to him.

My two favorite kills last night:

1. Some goof got a tank after Robert shot him once. So Robert and I scampered up to the roof of the central LSC and outfitted ourselves with the latest in sticky bomb technology. I screwed Robert's up later after getting sniped while waiting for him to give me the detonate signal. I got about four bombs on me, went in passive and hit the streets.

Dude wasn't in a tank anymore, even though I was pretty sure I never saw a notice of him getting blown up in it. Instead, him and a buddy were bearing down on me in a car. I had enough time to say "Robert, get ready" before the guy hit me. While my body was on the hood of the dude's car, I said "now," and boom, there they went as I walked away unharmed.

That really is the best trick ever.

2. Some dude was on a roof kicking everyone's ass somehow. He was a wrecking ball. I figured out he was way up high, but he wasn't. So I somehow got over to where he was without him shooting me. So he's right above me. You can guess what happened next. Here came Maverick and Iceman (they work for Merriweather now) and airstrike his ass off the building. He sent me a message that said "air strike?" I wanted to respond "God's wrath from above punishing you for your sins," but that's hard to do on that joystick keyboard. Robert and I proceeded to stomp his ass into passive before getting tired of killing him with a fire truck and moving on.

He then came back in a Buzzard, Robert shot him down, and he left. Hi-lar-ious.

• Like 4

This must've happened after I tapped out for the night.  Good to see that nail time was at a minimum and hammer time picked up later on.

We really pounded those guys in El Burro. I bet they weren't expecting those RPG rounds from me to come flying into their little hidey hole in between the houses.

It just dawned on me that Kit Cloudkicker (the gamertag of victim #2 of my evening ending rocket attack) is a fucking Disney character.  He is Baloo's sidekick on the cartoon spin-off from the Jungle Book, TaleSpin.

We shall now officially refer to the sticky bomb tactic as Operation: Allahu AxB-ar.

Hopefully Jones will have some time to roll with the Night Shift.  We will get him up to minigun murder in no time flat.

That was when it was down to just Stout and me. 

I managed to shoot that guy out of two buzzards.  He bailed after the second one.  In between the first and second buzzards some other goof drove up in a POV Sultan, which immediately got blowed up.  He called up his Entity, and but stopped right next to me to try to hit an armored car.  RPG took care of the armored car, the Entity and him in one go.  He left to go get a tank, but Stout was on to him, so we were both in passive waving at him when he came back by.

Buzzard guy went passive and got on top of a building at one point.  Not high enough though, because he was still within reach of the fire truck's water canon.  Then he spawned in the street AFK, so we took turns running over and drowning him.  I got my $2k for good behavior right after killing him 8-10 times while he was in passive.  I love GTA's moral judgements.  I so want there to be a rub-a-dub-dub award for drowning so many players with the fire truck.

• Like 2

I had some guys kick my ass some after you left, but nothing too badly. The three or four guys around Del Perro were tricky smothering me, but I never felt really out of control. I managed to snipe a couple. At one point I had two guys marching on me and was dying to jump down off the little perch I was on, but I would've basically jumped into another guy's arms.

I could've fought back better if I had any RPGs or grenades for my launcher, so I headed to AmmuNation as Robert tried to draw them more toward town to sorta open up the fight a bit. They somehow took this as a cue that we were walking away, and two of them left. I definitely wanted to scrap some more, but I needed ammo.

God, I wanted to punish that guy in the Zentorno. Robert got him a couple of times. From reading about the glitch, I think the invincibility goes away if you request your personal vehicle or get it from your mechanic, so the key is to get him out of the car, then separate him from it so him getting back to it becomes a challenge for him. 

Probably the best thing to do is leave the session, but I have a feeling we're gonna see a lot of people doing this.

I had some guys kick my ass some after you left, but nothing too badly. The three or four guys around Del Perro were tricky smothering me, but I never felt really out of control. I managed to snipe a couple. At one point I had two guys marching on me and was dying to jump down off the little perch I was on, but I would've basically jumped into another guy's arms.

I could've fought back better if I had any RPGs or grenades for my launcher, so I headed to AmmuNation as Robert tried to draw them more toward town to sorta open up the fight a bit. They somehow took this as a cue that we were walking away, and two of them left. I definitely wanted to scrap some more, but I needed ammo.

God, I wanted to punish that guy in the Zentorno. Robert got him a couple of times. From reading about the glitch, I think the invincibility goes away if you request your personal vehicle or get it from your mechanic, so the key is to get him out of the car, then separate him from it so him getting back to it becomes a challenge for him. 

Probably the best thing to do is leave the session, but I have a feeling we're gonna see a lot of people doing this.

I tried to keep him out of his car.  After I shot him out of it, I camped near his car and killed him 3 or 4 more times.  He finally went into passive till he could get into the thing, then made a quick getaway before I could shoot him out again.

Got online for about half an hour this morning to buy my RPG and then cause a little bit of chaos with it. 

Within 5 minutes of getting out of Ammu-nation, I was running from the cops with a 5-star wanted level and had blown up 3 police choppers.  Finally had to drag myself away and go to work after dying a few times.  The RPG is way too much fun.

• Like 2

I had completely forgotten about the guys just minding their own business trying to play choo-choo. I think they were pretty much collateral damage of us chasing the two jet guys around. Once we separated them from their jets, they started having a really bad evening.

Yeah, those guys in the firefight with me and Dolfan and Phil got the hell out of Dodge rather quickly. Didn't even get to do my "HE'S RUNNIN' LIKE A SCALDED DAWG, BY GAWD" J.R. voice, though RUkered broke it out later at an appropriate moment.

Phil and J.T. pretty much routinely break up for me quite a bit. I still say we gotta dick around with the game chat (set on crew and friends) - there's gotta be less people worldwide using the game chat than using the Xbox chat.

The Herbinator~! (his title, not mine) sent me a message saying he's enjoying his summer school bus driving vacation and will be back on to give us a decided tactical advantage soon. He says hey.

Is it wrong that whenever I think of Herby driving a bus, I see this in my mind's eye?

[\media]
  • Like 3

I got to watch both of those through my sniper scope.  Had to be the kills of the night all around.  I'd been trying to get that red Zentorno forever, so I was quite happy to see it go.  And that RPG shot was a thousand to one shot.

My own personal highlight came in the confusion after you took em all out.  There was a maroon Escalade, or whatever it's called in the game, stopped in the middle of the highway.  It was far enough away that I couldn't see people, but I could see when they got in the car.  I just kept my sniper sights trained on the driver side window.  3 different guys got in that car in quick succession.  I sniped all 3 before they finally wised up and found a different means of escape.

I'm still waiting on that elusive sniper kill. Melraz gets them all the time. I'm terrible at spotting people when I'm sniping though. And then even when I see them, I kind of panic if they're looking at me when I'm lining up the shot and push the right stick all over the damn place.

"Skittles"' gamer tag is SkItTIEs6903 and I think the player is a female although age is undetermined.  I got a Friend Request from her sometime today and I accepted.  Now begins the conversion / corruption / recruitment process.  We will make her one of us..

I probably peaked with that shot. I know gamers generally call RPGs "noob tubes," but a kill is a kill to me. I think what I liked even better than my successes on that mountain was the simple fact that y'all got the idea to stand there. I line up beside you guys and I look at that map. "Holy shit - there must be 6 different little pink dots slowly chugging their way toward us. Those poor fuckers have no idea what they're walking into." Then I back out of the map and (if I remember right) it's you two standing there with scopes trained on the tracks and Mis up behind us with a minigun.

Thanks for reminding me of that. I completely forgot about it. That was due to the real RPG master, Mis. We had a couple guys getting in a car on the other side of the river. Being that I have zero tactical sense in this game, I start heading toward the bridge and Mis is going, "No, don't go there. Turn around." I'm about to be like, "Why, what have you got planned?" when a rocket whizzes past and explodes inside that bridge.

Speaking of having zero tactical sense, I also forgot about my other rocket moment. I figured out last night that I really need to pay more attention to that mini-map. I get run over way too often because I forget to look for white dots zooming toward me. I was walking down the street (stupid) when, I believe it was J.T., yelled for me to look out. Too late, I was too slow and the guy snagged me. It didn't kill me, but I got lucky and managed to stand back up before he had lined up to run me over again. Yanked out the rockets and took us both out. As I said before, I'll happily die if it means killing others.

• Like 4

Oh yeah, I forgot about one of my very favorite parts of last night:

We're in some kind of job, a deathmatch, I think, ready to get started while Rippa and J.T. are running around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to avoid the cops instead of spending FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS to get the cops off their backs.

At one point last night, J.T. didn't wanna call in his Buzzard because of the cost, and I'm like DOOD, IT'S TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS. I offered to put a $9,000 bounty on RUkered and let J.T. shoot him to recoup his money and more, but J.T. didn't take me up on my kind offer.

• Like 2

One night, we should keep track of how long we wait for JT, be it his server keeping him in the cloud, ruuning around in freemode losing a wanted level or hunting for a special crate or when his girlfriend calls to discuss the new house. :

• Like 2

One night, we should keep track of how long we wait for JT, be it his server keeping him in the cloud, ruuning around in freemode losing a wanted level or hunting for a special crate or when his girlfriend calls to discuss the new house. :

When my new loft is up and operational, NONE OF YOU ARE INVITED~!

I think my problem lies with Comcast / Xfinity.  When all of this BOOST! and X-1 bullshit came to be, I think they went and whacked my original upload / download stream.  

I should also call in to see if I can get a free equipment upgrade, but I am really really lazy.

My connection used to be like fucking quicksilver.  When the new house is built, we will probably get FiOS premium service or even a local ISP for our internet service.

And yeah, I am super cheap.   I have a new garage at my fabulous Paletto Bay retreat to try to fill.   I can't just go around throwing away money, especially when I refuse to buy Shark cards on principle.

• Like 1

When my new loft is up and operational, NONE OF YOU ARE INVITED~!

He's lying, guys. I got my invitation in the mail yesterday.

2bd3fc1c-8351-4738-9438-ba8476d36446_zps

• Like 4

My apologies to jstout for being completely dumb. Not to make excuses, but I have a really hard time making out text on my TV (fuck 720p). In addition, I swear I didn't mean to shoot at you or slug you. I quickly pressed the left trigger and then right trigger and it targeted you.

HOWEVER, it did lead to a moment that made me laugh my ass off. I rode along with jstout who was tracking some dude down. We got out and I'm standing next to jstout. Jstout aims with a rocket launcher and then I go to pull my pistol and start firing...Instead, I accidentally punch jstout right before they shoot, I think causing the rocket launcher to be aimed at something much closer, blowing us up.

One last thing I just remembered and I'll shut up for the day. I almost dropped the controller from laughing.

I think the rest of you guys were up around Trevor's airfield fighting some guys. Mis and I went to the heli-tours place down South to chopper up there. We each get in our own Annihilators and take off. A few seconds go by and Mis goes, "Dammit Burke, you're gonna have to come pick me up. I accidentally dove out of the chopper and it crashed."

So I go pick him up and climb a little bit. I might have made it two city blocks when I see his body tumble out the passenger side.

Click it or ticket, Mis.

• Like 1