DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Oh, and I actually intentionally Mary Lou'd for the first time. I found out by accident when I was pushing every button on earth to try to survive that the Mary Lou is a pretty good way to avoid someone trying to hit you head-on in a car. So when someone came at me, I calmly Mary Lou'd out of his way. Didn't turn around and blow him up, though, couldn't pull that off.

I spent a great deal of time shaking up the hornets' nest, then sneaking off while the hornets stung each other. One would chase me to my new location, bring company with him, and I'd sneak off again while they fought it out.

• Like 1

Whoever came up with that Suicide Bomber idea is a motherfucking genius. My mate and I had a try, and he's been down in the dumps lately, but we had a right laugh with this little gimmick.

Why thank you :)

I was on for a little while last night. Not much happening, so I thought I'd do a quick Deathmatch and go to bed. I randomly joined Quarantine, just me and one other guy. He put it on Forced + Pickups because he was 200 levels lower than me, so it's locked to Pistols. The only guns you can pickup are Combat Pistols.

It was set on 15 kills, 15 minutes. He was a spot camper guy, and it's not a spot camp map, so it turned into a Tutorial about the superiority of the Run n Gun style. He'd get cover, I'd move in, upgrade my weapon, get the Bull Shark, Hit him in Free aim when he popped up, Combat Roll when he was in range, and headshot him as soon as I could (which was soon). I won 15-3 in under seven minutes. The Three were both double kills.

My how to win a Deathmatch tip is to never go in cover. Move freely behind cover instead, because if you start taking shots you can just walk or roll behind it, but that R1 button is your enemy in Deathmatches. You also stand a better chance of getting out of the Blast Radius if someone tries to blow the cover up.

• Like 1

I noticed that JONES is back online!  We could use another extra gun in free mode so let's get him ranked up as well as Craig.  I am always up for missions and races and whatever to help out guys looking to raise their rank and make money..

You guys who are low on Strength should probably play a round or two of golf in solo / invite only sessions or grab one of us to play some tennis.  Having max Stamina is essential for just about everything.

I've never really had to rely on Lung Capacity before in Online but I am always frightened that may change one day.

I think I have played two games (not sets, not matches) of tennis. Played a little more golf. Another way to gain strength is via a good old fashioned melee deathmatch. Those have fallen out of favor with the general populace, though. 

I used to occasionally find myself trying to evade wanted levels by swimming, but that hardly ever worked out successfully and hardly ever happens anymore. I would jump in the water if it meant ducking an adversary's bullets, but I'd immediately regret it.

We should probably, as a group, avoid diving into scrums where we're outnumbered (even if none of the other dots are working together). Our strength is the 3- or 4-on-one beatdown and tapout. 3-on-7 beatdowns hardly ever work out. I noticed when I was in large scrums (by myself) that it's much tougher because generally if you're trying to concentrate on the guy in front of you, there's inevitably a guy behind you. Plus if there's more dudes dying, there's more of a chance of one of them spawning right up your ass.

My how to win a Deathmatch tip is to never go in cover. Move freely behind cover instead, because if you start taking shots you can just walk or roll behind it, but that R1 button is your enemy in Deathmatches. You also stand a better chance of getting out of the Blast Radius if someone tries to blow the cover up.

I suppose it depends on the map.  I never take cover if we're on a small map because it is always in your advantage to stay mobile.  I get most of my kills in single-player deathmatches by running up on firefights between other players and either capping the winner of the exchange or shooting both of the wounded parties in the head.  Either way earns me a Stolen Kill.

On large maps where we're competing on teams, I've always found it advantageous to find someplace to dig in and I trap the access to the area with sticky bombs..  If I am running around, I tend to get picked off by whomever designated themself as team sniper on the other side.

In the XBox crew, nearly everybody's the team sniper.

It does seem that way lately.  I think I my Unsporting% went up two percent that evening where we held the roof of the Gallaria and LSC for almost the entire night and sniped whomever came close and I wasn't even the one doing most of the murdering in our crew.

I wanna get a gang up on my favorite insurance building one of these days. It's a tremendous spot. I like the ones where people can't climb up to get you. This one's not too high, not too low. Not much cover, but screw it. I take cover by standing in the very middle of the roof away from the edges.

We've always been big on sniping. Ask the poor bastards who keep spawning on the beach, just to have three or four people trying to snipe them as soon as they respawn. Sniping's like a "who's gonna kill them first?" competition when we get rolling. "Dammit! I had him in my scope when ..." is a pretty popular phrase. 

"Dammit! I had him in my scope when ..." is a pretty popular phrase. 

I think that "Dammit, Melraz" or "Dammit, Stout" comes out of my mouth at least once every ten minutes if we're on a good route.

• Like 1

So I had to go check my K/D out of curiosity after you guys were talking about it, and I'm starting to think the Social Club is buggy right now.

14,555 kills

3,140 deaths

KD: 4.64

I called bullshit so hard I think I pulled a muscle. There's no way in hell. I think the last time I checked, it was 0.7 or something like that. Y'all have played enough with me to know how much I generally get my ass kicked.

• Like 1

Regarding strength and stamina, I've been playing golf and tennis and I never see the little notification come up showing that either has increased. I'm also doing well with both because I've played enough golf and tennis games in my life. Shit, with tennis, I'm damn near unstoppable. Not to brag, but I was ranked top 10 in Top Spin at one point...ok, that was a brag. So how fast should I see things like strength and stamina go up and will I not get notifications for that?

Regarding strength and stamina, I've been playing golf and tennis and I never see the little notification come up showing that either has increased. I'm also doing well with both because I've played enough golf and tennis games in my life. Shit, with tennis, I'm damn near unstoppable. Not to brag, but I was ranked top 10 in Top Spin at one point...ok, that was a brag. So how fast should I see things like strength and stamina go up and will I not get notifications for that?

For the love of God, please never invite me to a tennis match.

• Like 2

So I had to go check my K/D out of curiosity after you guys were talking about it, and I'm starting to think the Social Club is buggy right now.

14,555 kills

3,140 deaths

KD: 4.64

I called bullshit so hard I think I pulled a muscle. There's no way in hell. I think the last time I checked, it was 0.7 or something like that. Y'all have played enough with me to know how much I generally get my ass kicked.

Some of the calcs are broken at Social Club while others in the game are broken.

My K/D is accurate in game but is broken on Social Club.

My average game time per session is broke because it says that I spend twenty one billion hours per day playing this game.

That makes much more sense. I'm not home yet, so I can't check it - but if the social club is accurate.

Total players killed: 1,507

Total deaths by players: 2,065

That sounds about right to me. After the day I've had at work, I'm incapable of the math. (I am basically math illiterate.)

Also, my shooting accuracy is 26%. That also sounds about right.

Completely forgot that I'm running around with 5 million. I need to hurry up and buy some stuff before they slap my wrists. I have no idea what I want. I'm thinking about a Zentorno, but I already have the Entity and now also the Adder (thank you hookers).

• Like 1

Well, I initially felt the sticker shock of buying the more expensive beach house in Paletto Bay since I only had a half mil to my name, until the four-door Sandking stopped in front of my new crib and I jacked it for my garage!

Fuck yeah!