DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Craig, if you're on Xbox (and you prolly are already on my friends list, I have a hard time keeping people straight), any of us would grind the higher RP missions with you to level you up.

Some off the top of my head:

Rooftop Rumble - pretty easy to play with randoms. You'll get the occasional dick random who tries to run you over, but that happens maybe 3 percent of the time.

Trash Talk  - the one where you blow up the trash trucks.

Diamonds are for Trevor - hard mission, not so good money, good RP

Cleaning the Cat House - kinda hard, not good money, good RP

The Parking Garage and Defender aren't so bad. Mixed Up with Coke is pretty easy if you have a gang willing to go get Buzzards.

Some missions give good RP but make you earn it like Chemical Extraction, Method in the Madness, Stocks and Scares (post-fix), Satellite Communications and Los Santos Connection. Chemical Extraction is fun if you have six people, but generally, I'm pretty butthurt about playing these 'cause there are easier ways to make money and RP.

If you can't find anyone online, just grind Rooftop with randoms. Make sure you are in a crew-only or invite-only room when you start so you spawn back into it at the end of the mission instead of into a public room where three guys are generally shooting at you at once from the get-go. Sometimes it can be hard to find randoms to invite you to play Rooftop in a private room, though. In that case, go into a public room and go into passive mode - once you're done with the mission, you'l respawn into the room in passive mode.

Oh, if you wanna improve your flying skills, get in a private room, steal a helicopter and try to use it to get from place to place instead of a car. Improving flying skills is all about pure time piloting a helicopter or airplane. Do you guys know I have still never successfully landed a plane in multiplayer or single-player? It's comical. My flying stat is still maxed out.

• Like 2

Actually, you wouldn't even need to shoot anybody.  Just go into cover near somebody else, shoot at some random target, and see if the other guy sees your blip appear.

You are missing the method behind the madness.  Mark hates deathmatches and knows he's guaranteed a deathmatch win on Jobber Thursday. :D

Just me talking in what might be crazy talk, but my best advice I can give regarding deathmatches is this: play single player using only a Pistol on a high difficulty. It basically forces you to get really good at head shots, and that is vital in a one on one deathmatches stand off. Combat rolling is also incredibly vital, though my best advice past that is knowing your positioning to cover well. A combat roll straight behind cover is incredibly effective.

I'm also a fan of exploiting the fact getting killed doesn't hurt you THAT bad in deathmatches, as has been discussed. In team deathmatches it is a bitch, but solo is much more about accumulation.

Also, never underestimate the value of a good sneak skill. I've gotten behind enemies and wiped them out without them knowing I was there many times. Just ask Stout.

I really don't know if better tactics would've helped last night. We were absolutely Team Nail last night. It really was just one of those nights up and down the line.

It was the first Freemode session that I can recall where I spent the entire night having my ass handed to me. Usually one person I run into wil dominate me, and I can handle the rest OK. But last night, it was like one person would kick my ass, tag out to someone else, who would kick my ass, then tag out, etc. That guy on the roof of the Mall sniper rifling and RPGing me every five seconds was much more than I can handle, and wading into seven mostly red dots was predictably futile.

The one time I shot the guy off the roof of the Mall, I felt like someone winning the Special Olympics. Never have I felt like I accomplished so much by killing one dude one time. It was just a bad nght. At one point, I'm like "screw this, let's kill hookers."

It was one of those nights where if one of those guys sent me a taunting "you suck" message, I would've responded "yes, sir, you have a point." The roof guy and his two buddies were in the same crew, too, which is disappointing. His two buddies, including the guy in the Turismo, weren't such a big deal, but that guy on the roof was instant death. Fucker even knifed me in Freemode. I had to check to see if Dan had an alternate character.

I finally found some dumb sap to revenge kill several times, but he left after about three kills total between me and Robert. He showed such promise, too. He was playing SO badly. He went into AmmuNation while I was chasing him around and left his Dubsta 6X6 parked outside. Boom. He was paying for the sins of the others, but dammit, he left.

I would have also agreed with a message like that last night. ThatsTheGuy813 or whatever destroyed me. I might have managed two kills on him. I believe he's the one who, in a similar situation to what Mis talked about, was up in the construction zone sniping me. It KEPT spawning me in the middle of the same street down the hill from him. He must have gotten me 7 times before I could get away.

A little later, Stout sets up a crew only room and sent us invites. Now I hadn't seen the dude who was kicking my ass for probably 20 minutes. I go into the menu to accept Stout's invite and see the deathscreen. That asshole somehow snuck back up and had to get one last one in. I guess that's my fault for not going passive or at least checking the map, but still. Normally, I can't let that go and would have at least had to get one last kill on him before tucking tail and running. I figured just going with plain tuck tail and run was the better option.

I should have known what the night was going to be like because, within the first few minutes of playing, a dude rounded a corner in a car. "That asshole is going to come straight for me. I'll cram this RPG right up his ass."

*waits until car is close enough that the dude can't swerve and I can't miss

*shoots RPG

*misses car by about 2 feet to the right

*gets creamed

I'm going to start keeping Yakety Sax on a loop while I'm in freemode.

Oh, and before I forget: "DO I HAVE TO DO ANYTHING ELSE WITH THE HOOKER ONCE SHE'S DEAD OR DO I JUST DRIVE IN THE GARAGE?????"

• Like 1

Well piss. I was gonna get on but can't connect to xbox live for some reason

Dammit, man, the city needs the leadership of the ex-mayor.

I dunno what's wrong with the dalm thing. I'll try again inna bit if I don't crash.

Keep calm and reboot your router/modem gimmick

Talk about ending on a shit note. By that time I was SOFA KING tired of Freemode anyway, and that guy grabbed a tank, then his buddy was fucking me up, then came the cherry on the shit sundae with the cheater in the jet. Think for a second about how many jets we had buzzing over our heads all night long. Was there a time where we didn't have one fly over us, all night long? And how many of those dudes killed us? Then this guy kills Robert twice and me twice? 

That freakin' crew has 330 or so members in it. And I didn't know until tonight that crew initials aren't exclusive to crews. There's dozens (literally) of crews with the crew initials EVIL, so if you wanna look for them in the future, you'll have to check further to see which crew you're dealing with.

We probably should've at least reported the guy in the jet. And the other guy was probably doing something - every time he got near me, crazy stuff was happening on the screen. I think the only one who wasn't cheating was the guy who got the tank.

How the fuck could you sit there and say "huh huh, we showed them" when you cheated to do it? I'm not down about it, because I didn't get my ass kicked until those dudes and two out of three of them were probably cheating.

Last Cub or whatever his name happened to be was spunky at least. This guy rolls up behind me and tries to run me over. I don't see him coming, so I'm like "the fuck?" and I turn around and shoot him. I then kill him about 3 more times before I come up on and and see he's trying to shoot me with a pistol. I'm like "that's odd," so I check his level and he was a Level 3. 

I decide I'm gonna leave him alone, felt sorry for him. But then the bastard tries to kill me with a car again. At that point, the gloves came off.

Hah, next session I get into is with kingchrissy, fearthelord,  captaininsano, and about four other members of their crew.

So there's seven of them and one of me.  

I went and said hello.  

Caught captaininsano coming out of his garage and I was on a bike.  Their memory must not be that good, what with the residual bong smoke clouding their feeble little brains.  I beeped at him and waited till he got close before I blew the sticky bomb I had on the saddlebags.

Fearthelord took exception to this and tried to run me over in a liberator.

I waited till I saw the whites of his eyes before I fired the rpg.

No mistakes.

Then left.

• Like 2

How the fuck could you sit there and say "huh huh, we showed them" when you cheated to do it? I'm not down about it, because I didn't get my ass kicked until those dudes and two out of three of them were probably cheating.

Yeah, who expected members of a Satanic crew to cheat? 

FWIW, the Lazer actually is equipped with exploding ammo.  You don't even have to be close to your target to score a kill; just close enough for the splash damage to obliterate whomever is on the ground.  Hrigom was a little too accurate for my liking, so I am not terribly convinced that was all skill but I don't chalk up all kills on me to cheating. 

Some guys are just better than you at certain things and Hrigom could've been an ace pilot who practiced flying a Lazer in private sessions with his crew for all I know.  There are crews out there that actually "train" in closed sessions while we are just a merry band of loose confederates and friends who just happen to be that damn good without lots and lots of practice.  If we were really serious, we'd be more than a handful but I play games because I don't want to be serious about stuff.

Suffice to say that we will put preferential boots to the asses of the Church of Satan along with this Reaper biker gang.  If they want some, they don't have to come get some.  We will take some to them Minnesota Wrecking Crew style.  We are not very hard to find.  We're usually on the roof of any building in the city zooming in on your cranium with our sniper scopes.

I made HailToTheKing work hard for that bounty on my head.  I got three kills on him in about fourty seconds:  one by blowing him up with his fucking Adder during his first attack, once as I was trying to head to the hospital for evac (fucking copters picked a helluva time not to spawn) and one spawn kill when he repopped across the street from me.

I ended up getting myself perished because I got sloppy and gave up my position on the helipad of the hospital when reinforcements arrived.  I shoulda stayed where I was and kept sniping or closed in with a little more coordination.

I blame fatigue.  He shotgunned me when I was trying to cover Robert and then he attacked my heli later on in the evening when we were going after the douchenozzle in the Import / Export car.  Once again, I was lax.  Shoulda checked my map.

I made him a Preferred Player so that I can get a rubber match some day.  I'm looking forward to splitting his wig one more time.

As for the showdown with the Church of Satan, their "victory," if you could call it that, was pyrric.  We held them in check and they had to resort to tanks and jets to cope with four guys on rooftops because we were countersniping the shit out of them. 

Ultimately we had to roll out  because it was nearly two in the morning and real men have jobs and lives and shit and not because we didn't want to fight.. 

I'd like to think that deep down inside, they knew we were better but in this era of low hanging fruit, assholes like that are always ready to pat themselves on the back.  I am sure we will see them again and when we do, it will be on all over again.

Sun Tzu 101 - Know Your Enemy

Here is the Church of Satan's Lifeinvader page on Social Club.

First impression?  Interesting bunch...  Oddly enough, I find it admrable that they hate crew-on-crew violence with a passion.   It doesn't surprise me that they seem to suffer from an epidemic of crew killing as other players join their set with specific intent of kacking other CoS members.   Who wouldn't target a crew like that?

From the looks of their page feed, the Church is quick to not only kick and ban crew killers, they also grief them whenever possible.  They actively seek out former crew killers and hunt them mercilessly.

The fighter pilot from last night, Hrigom, is a lieutenant and Friit0Sheen is a rep, so we were up against quality opposition last night.  Those guys were crew leadership.

I didn't see BondageGod831 in the upper tier so he is either Muscle or has a Private Profile under another name.

We will start at the bottom of the food chain and work our way up.  If we see any CoS muscle lying about in free mode working gliches or whatever, we hit 'em until they wail for rescue or retreat.  If the upper tier guys come in for the save, we hit them, too.

Hard..

Me and Havoc were dealing with a couple of bitches last night. One was airwalking and the other was under the map. We left and did some missions instead. I was just about to go to bed when Rooftop Rumble popped up on the voting screen, so that was a good way to finish.

Prior to that, we accidentally got into it with a guy who had the misfortune to pick up a Crate Drop I wanted, and someone who might have been his friend. There was one guy who was driving around in a Jester chucking Stickies, but he had nothing once he was out of his car. I stole his car and drove it to Mors Mutual without him kicking me from it, killed him, stickied his car, killed him again, got my Zentorno back, drove away to hide from the cops, and guessed he'd have gone back to his Jester by then. Boom. 5-2 to me, goodnight.

These other two guys, I got 2-1 up on one, and 2-0 on the other, and they just wouldn't stop coming back. We both figured that's enough, let's go find someone else to mess with now, and they'd chase after us and die some more. They tried a Tank. No kills on us, they went to Tank heaven. They tried a Mugger. Nothing. They tried Mercenaries. Nothing. They tried an Air Strike. Missed. They tried going on passive and then going out when we weren't looking. We were looking. Eventually they gave up when Glitch Bitch number one (the one who went under the map later) got a Tank.

The Muscle Car from the Hipster DLC is the drizzling shits. Used a Liberator in an Off-Road race and it was green livery instead of Stars n Stripes. Odd.

Force of July is not as fun when there are only four guys on the map and we're all trying to be tactical and shit.

Overall, last night was very productive.  Made about $100K from missions and whatnot and my K/D finally saw forward progress for one night.. 

Melraz is an elite sniper.  He can make your position in no time flat no matter what the conditions are.  I would scan and scan and not see anyone and this mother fucker sees one muzzle flash hundreds of yards away, fires, and scores a kill. 

He should've gotten credit for the kill on PaulWall since he forced the guy to parachute suicide by virtue of destroying the guys Frogger with sniper fire when the asshole was parked on the rooftop helipad of the Augury building.

We held the rooftops of the Didler Sachs Galleria and Los Santos Customs for over five hours of real time.  What the fuck?????

The Muscle Car from the Hipster DLC is the drizzling shits.

Dear Lord, how can anyone hate on the LowLow?  It has an understeer problem, but I have driven mine enough in Closed Crew sessions to know how to compensate for the pull.

My only complaint is that the current Blade looks like a '64 Ford Falcon. The old Blade from San Andreas looked more like a '64 Chevy Impala.  I loved that car.

At 100% Armor, the chassis / roll cage mod, and with a flat front end, it is hard to deform a Blade even if you hit someone head on at full tilt.  I have t-boned and flipped a lot of lighter player sports cars with my Blade with no real damage done to my own vehicle.  It's not blazing fast, so it is definitely not a car I would drive in free mode all of the time.

I played a DM last night that was absolute bullshit. Everyone starts with a crowbar on an enclosed golf course hole, which was fun, but two dudes had access to machine guns and got to the highest point in the map and just mowed everyone down. 

I played a DM last night that was absolute bullshit. Everyone starts with a crowbar on an enclosed golf course hole, which was fun, but two dudes had access to machine guns and got to the highest point in the map and just mowed everyone down. 

Oh, man.  We shouda warned you about that. 

Never accept any deathmatch invites from random dudes where the name of the map is 100000000 + 50000000 RP or something to that effect.

They are all death traps created to favor the hosting player.  They were all inspired by some infamous DM map designed by some Russian asshole... 

The maps are enclosed and bottlenecked..  The host sets the match to Forced Weapons and Unlimited Kills with a ten minute time limit. Players spawn into a killzone armed with only with a melee weapon or even unarmed depening on the match settings.

Meanwhile the host spawns into the game somewhere close to a private arsenal complete with automatic weapons and explosives.  It is literally like shooting fish in a barrel.

You probably shouldn't accept any random deathmatch invites or apartment invites from other players as a rule of thumb.