DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I have a nasty habit of accidentally picking up the grenade launcher when I mean to grab the assault SG, and then not realizing it till I've fired a grenade. 

I alwasy screw up and grab the RPG when I am going for my shotgun.  I have suicided myself in several deathmatches firing point blank RPG rounds at one of you guys.

The magic minimum number of players required in a session to cause crate drops seems to be four.

Holy fuckin bologna. What the hell. Your right Chris I see a man with a reaper crew tag I kill the man wearin it. And yeah jt they have to find out who's good at what for racin or fightin or layin on the pool table....never mind I'll be nice. WE ARE GOOD AT EVERYTHING WE DO. WE DONT HAFTA SPLIT UP TO DO CERTAIN SHIT WE BAN TOGETHER THROUGH IT ALL. NOW BY DALMIT THAT'S BROTHERHOOD. THEY WANNA PLAY HUH...OK LET'S PLAY. CAUSE WE'LL RIP THEIR PATCHES OFF AND STICK EM UP THEIR ASSES. CAUSE WE ARE THE DVDR AND WE ARE THAT DAAALLLMMMM GOOOOOOOOOD. OK my rant is over had fun last night...had 2 beer...laughed a lot...shot a lot...killed a lot...died very little...probably got on people's nerves (I apologize) next time I'm in somebody's gonna hafta explain to me how to copy somebody's post and put it in one of mine imma mo-ron.

• Like 3

Robert, you didn't seem to talk much, but I did hear you occasionally. I heard you say you were gonna get some sleep, and since it was 6 a.m., I thought "fine idea."

Rippa, Melraz got his Liberator. Did missions with a Level 9 random to earn the money. Fun story.

Herby finally sent Melraz an audio message of himself saying some very foul language in German. I expect Mel to be bilingual soon. Like Rosetta Stone, except for cursing.

Donald Trump or Krummmp or whatever his name was was near the helicopter pad when he pulled off that glitch. I gotta do some Googling on that. 

I said "screw it" and went on a giant weapons cull a couple of months ago. I figured if I wanted them back, I could buy them, screw it. So I threw away every shotgun but the assalt shotgun, every MG but the combat MG and the Gusenberg, a bunch of pistols, etc. These days, I have a bad habit of pulling out a pistol when I mean to pull out my combat MG.

I only use pistols in cars - AP pistol if I don't care about spraying some lead around, heavy pistol if I'm chasing the guy with the documents in Rooftop Rumble and don't wanna damage the car as much so it might not blow up.

I've picked it up a step in Freemode recently, which I 100 percent attribute to remembering to switch to the assault shotgun once the enemy gets close. Love that damn weapon.

• Like 2

Krummmmppp's skywalking glitch explained (I gotta try this in a private room, sounds wild): 

There's a shit-ton of chatter online about AxB's sticky bombs on backs method, which works like a charm, as we found out last night. Be careful of anyone in passive if they appear to have buddies. Gotta get better at putting stickies on backs/standing still, but this completely changes the tank dynamic. Betcha Rockstar fixes this in the next patch, lest people start thinking tanks are completely fucking worthless and quit buying them.

• Like 1

Read some of online stuff for that crew during lunch and it's pretty much hilarious.  It's like they have no concept of self awareness. 

All their different, individual crews seem to have LORD as the title, rather than REAP.  I've run into a few REAP guys, and most of them were pretty good.  Never seen a LORD around that I've noticed.

The list of rules, procedures, etc is insane.  Our rules boil down to kill all dots, but especially the ones that have annoyed us for whatever reason.

• Like 2

The only real rule we solidly enforce is no deliberate crew on crew violence in free mode.  We've booted three members for repeatedly breaking that standard.

• Like 1

Yeah I got my liberator. Like stout said a lil level 10 dude helped me out well he was a body and a target I guess. Then I sold my pink barbie car with my second character. I'd say last night was the last time I'll be on for a couple of weeks. Back to the ol' steal rails tomorrow night.

• Like 1

I looked for a LORD guy in a Freemode room I was in earlier. I say they replace the old Level 900s as priority targets should we see one in a room. That "combat training" shit solidly plants them as the muscle-bound guys in the bar everyone wants to fight with to see if they're really tough. I still think our one rule is a good one, though most of the people who are active players in the crew are on my friends list anyway.

That up in the clouds glitch is fun, but not real useful. It takes forever to get anywhere 'cause you're on foot. Y'all do have to at least try it to see what happens when you're in the glitch. You go into the water like the video says, and when only your neck is sticking out, there's a section of the wall that isn't the same color as the rest of the wall. Shoot it, and if you're successful, your gun will disappear.

Then when you get out of the water, you're doing this odd-looking duckwalk that looks like your character's blown out his knees. It's like a walking crouch, and it looks hilarious. That's more fun than going up into the skies.

• Like 1

I was supposed to get on last night and my girlfriend had shown up.  She made pork chops in some kind of orange sauce (it was fucking delicious) and wanted to watch Dexter (she's on season 4....I watched a bit ahead to the episode before theSERIES finale, something she wasn't thrilled with).  I thought she'd be passed out in no time and I'd get to smash heads on night shift.  Little did I know I'd get my belly full and pass out on the couch myself.  I woke up at 7am and she was on the Season 4 finale...

Needless to say, I regret I didnt get to play last night.  

I am, however, looking forward to demolishing a biker gang.  

Edited by misanthrope304
  • Like 1

I was supposed to get on last night and my girlfriend had shown up.  She made pork chops in some kind of orange sauce (it was fucking delicious) and wanted to watch Dexter (she's on season 4....I watched a bit ahead to the episode before the season finale, something she wasn't thrilled with).  I thought she'd be passed out in no time and I'd get to smash heads on night shift.   Little did I know I'd get my belly full and pass out on the couch myself.  I woke up at 7am and she was on the Season 4 finale...

This is pretty much the exact scenario that has led to my few brief plays with the night crew and the so many times I intended to but fell asleep on the couch.

• Like 1

The property thing makes me want to have my female character join up, and then turn heel kill every damned one of them when they aren't paying attention.  I could probably sell it too.  My character certainly looks like she has a meth addiction.  Perfect old lady material.

I don't think I've ever run into these clowns though.  I think I'd remember it.  I'd be thinking "why do all the numbnuts keep coming up to me on choppers and getting shot in the face?"  Probably spend 95% of their time in crew only rooms to avoid getting shot to pieces.

Yes, a Trojan Horse...so to speak.  There aren't enough likes for this Robert.  I've even been contemplating using my secondary xbl membership (I bought a family pack a couple years ago for the gf's kids & I to use, and I had an extra so I used it toward the profile I played Skyrim on before I got XBL) to do this exact thing since I read it. 

It looks like it is now unanimous, these poor dumb bastards are now KOS.

I'm going to be out of town for the next couple of days, so I will be ready to head hunt these fuckers when I get back...I want to so badly right now though.

Oh yeah, they're public enemy No. 1. Each public room I set foot in with war on my mind will be entered with a check to see if any of those bastards are in the room. I dunno why, I just think that "combat training" is HI-LAR-I-OUS. Whoever will probably kick my ass, but that's fine. That whole article is a giant "step to us" invite, and I'm hoping the rest of GTA Online will take up the challenge.

You wanna fuck around on the main map, go into clothing stores, mod up your car? Try out an invite-only room. You wanna swing for the fences and headshot some fools with a sniper rifle? Welcome to Freemode, son, the Wild Wild West. And the Reaper Lords? We're your huckleberry. I will tell you in advance, though, fellas: Sorry about your damn luck.

dcpn2v.jpg

• Like 3

Been playing The Ballad of Gay Tony for a bit (I realised I hadn't actually completed it). Why are the guns in this so awesome? I want Exploding Ammo for my Assault Shotgun in GTA 5 now. On the other hand, car handling in GTA 4 physics is horrible. Now I understand why I beat Havoc in all those races;  I was braking at corners (how I met Havoc - I was racing with Randoms in Lost & Damned online, and kept winning. He looked at my avatar, assumed I was a foxy Goth Chick IRL as well, and friend requested me. Then he met Cristobal through me, and the rest is all mass murder).

I finished the storyline missions, might go back to Achievement Whore the other Trophies though. Been doing a bit of LA Noire as well. I really like it, but it looks like the people on my friends list only played it for a short while and then gave up. Don't know why, it's great.

Was in a Freemode session and everyone glitched out but me, so I did a bit of airwalking, failed to find a friend without a full session and joined a random Contact Mission. Shockingly, it was Rooftop Rumble. I basically soloed it, but I waited at Madrazzo's for the other two guys before deilvering the package. One ran me over, and was then shooting a shotgun at my head as I got up. So at the voting screen, I went Deathmatch immediately (It was Legal Eagle iirc). That won. The host changed it to Team Deathmatch so it would have been them 2 vs me (I was higher level then the two of them combined. I'm also a Deathmatch legend). Then the not-Host guy quit out. Then the host did. And yet they seemed so keen on fighting me right after I earned them $18500 a minute before.

I did do one of the new Deathmatches (near the docks), 1 vs 1 with a level 27 guy (I'm 270+). Five minutes, Forced and Pickups, Antique Pistol. I won 8-1. And the One was me having a heart.

There's a new car-duping money glitch involving killing a hooker (I kid you not) that a fucking moron could do, solo. Anybody who doesn't mind cheating will have more money than they can possibly spend.

And there's ferris wheels sprouting up now in the same park where the UFOs used to sprout up. 

• Like 2

I need details of this ASAP Stout...I am at work on a company computer so I really don't want to research THAT or google "****ing a ****er for money" if you catch my drift.

Money Glitches don't scare me, nor do I see them as a cheat so to speak.  It's Grand Theft Auto, not Pokemon.   I wouldn't be interfering with anyone else's gameplay experience, no "GOD" mode or anything.  Just making a few bucks on the side to offest the cost of rockets and insurance bills.

Edited by misanthrope304
  • Like 2

Stupid game froze while i was in middle of being off the grid after paying Lester.

I did finally get my gold award for armored cars.

Weird thing: i died in firefight and my car got repoed by the cops. I go to pick it up and it will not let me in. "You do not have access to this POV."

Stupid game froze while i was in middle of being off the grid after paying Lester.

I did finally get my gold award for armored cars.

Weird thing: i died in firefight and my car got repoed by the cops. I go to pick it up and it will not let me in. "You do not have access to this POV."

That usually means your car is safe somewhere else and that's an unaccessible duplicate copy.

MIs: http://youtu.be/kiLJk0PCKVY

Don't look if you don't wanna know. From what I've read "scaring" the prostitute is completely unnecessary, though it may stop her from getting out if she gets bored with a long ride like they do. Killing her is necessary. The dead body is what makes this a solo glitch, unlike the motorcycle one.

• Like 1

I will shoot some hookers tomorrow or something.  Melraz and I cleared another lobby out tonight.  Ninja turtle mikey was trying to upgrade my heavy sniper tint all by himself it seems.  I killed him at least a dozen times with the .50

Aztec or whatever called mercs on me after you left mel because I was waiting outside his house laying on the horn.  I sent an rpg into the mercs before they rounded the corner in their little jeep gimmick, and then he popped out of his garage and I sent one into his front bumper.  Fuck that guy.  I killed him three times and he goes and hides in his apartment and puts a bounty on me?  Bitch move.  After I blew up his car he left.

For what it's worth, I've got two days off now, and I'm looking for some bitches on some bikes.  What were they called again, rapper nuns?  reaking loads?  

Seriously, I don't know what crew tag I'm looking for.

• Like 2

I think their crew tag is either LORD or REAP depending on which sub-crew you are dealing with.

They are not to be confused with the Reaper Lordz, the Lord Reapers (some MC themed crew out ofthe UK), The Reapers Lords, or The Lord of the Reapers.

Looks like a crew recently formed called the Reaper Lord Killers.  We may have to form an alliance with them.

• Like 1

I need details of this ASAP Stout...I am at work on a company computer so I really don't want to research THAT or google "****ing a ****er for money" if you catch my drift.

Money Glitches don't scare me, nor do I see them as a cheat so to speak.  It's Grand Theft Auto, not Pokemon.   I wouldn't be interfering with anyone else's gameplay experience, no "GOD" mode or anything.  Just making a few bucks on the side to offest the cost of rockets and insurance bills.

I hate glitching in general because it's just more shit that R* has to fix and that time is better spent getting me new content.  Sure, the game is buggy but there is no place in the EULA that gives you permission to exploit bugs merely because they exist.

That being said, money glitchiing is a fairly victimless crime.  Having a billion dollars in the bank isn't going to keep my Heavy Sniper round from turning your brain into tapioca pudding.

• Like 1

There is the idea that R* could get mad at you and punish you, but we all know that's not gonna happen. At the worst, they'll take away your cash, but nothing you bought with it. So why not cheat? They make it too easy not to.

I mean, which would most people rather do to earn $700,000 - play Rooftop Rumble roughly 38 times or dupe one Adder?

I would expect R* to fix this QUICK, though, because, you know, Shark Cards.

• Like 2

Glitching/money cheating is going to always occur because this game's basic economy structure is broken.  It has a free to play model that nickel and dimes you for everything and has most of the items extremely overpriced.  All that is fine and good, except this was not a free game.

I hate glitching in general because it's just more shit that R* has to fix and that time is better spent getting me new content. 

I've pointed this out before, but the fact that they didn't already have DLC in the pipeline really boggles my mind.  This game was in development for 5 years.  They obviously promised too much too soon and were up against a deadline, releasing a online component that was not tested well, if at all, really.  If this wasn't GTA, people would have not put up with the issues as long as they have.

At this point, I wouldn't expect any major DLC until the next-gen/PC versions come out, at the very earliest.

• Like 2

There is no player created or player sustained economy to worry about so one person having more money than me really doesn't matter.  The only area of the game where parity really matters is firepower and that got hemmed up by DLC and Social Club content.

Those weapons aren't locked so a Level 2 guy can get pistol improvements almost immediately and within a few missions can also earn two respectable Assault Rifles. 

If he is a Social Club member, then he also scores on a free Sawn-Off Shotgun which can (Shooting stat not withstanding) can still kill a player of far higher rank.  Money glitching makes it easier for lowbies, but that doesn't bother a guy like me with a rank over 120 because I can still murder the crap out of anyone less than half my rank in a one-on-one constest.

That being said, money glitchers really don't care about guns that much.  They want a Rhino, a Buzzard, and they want fully modded high end cars.  I don't care if a Rank 20 guy glitches his way to a Zentorno or an Adder, but all combat vehicles should be rank locked, IMO.