DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

yeah - the only problem with color coding is the use of custom vehicles

Well that and motorcycle races

Do what I do. Make all your custom vehicles the same color.

All my cars used to be race yellow. Got tired of that. You can make too many cool color combinations with paints and pearlescent resprays to go back to just one color. Besides, I can't give up my chrome Zentorno with crew color secondary, it looks too badass. And my muscle car looks awesome.

I'm tellin' ya, next time we have a big party in Freemode, we need to all dress exactly alike. I dunno if Robert can do that or not, maybe he can. Black T-shirt and black jeans and shoes, maybe, with a hockey mask or black helmet? I wanna give white dots nightmares and look like a freakin' army descending upon Los Santos.

• Like 1

yeah - the only problem with color coding is the use of custom vehicles

Well that and motorcycle races

Do what I do. Make all your custom vehicles the same color.

All my cars used to be race yellow. Got tired of that. You can make too many cool color combinations with paints and pearlescent resprays to go back to just one color. Besides, I can't give up my chrome Zentorno with crew color secondary, it looks too badass. And my muscle car looks awesome.

I'm tellin' ya, next time we have a big party in Freemode, we need to all dress exactly alike. I dunno if Robert can do that or not, maybe he can. Black T-shirt and black jeans and shoes, maybe, with a hockey mask or black helmet? I wanna give white dots nightmares and look like a freakin' army descending upon Los Santos.

And then we all forget to change back and have the most confusing death match ever.

I'm so in.

• Like 2

I spent  >$150k in freemode last night....  Once I even threw a sticky bomb onto the hood of my own *blue* Adder because some ass hat was taking cover behind it.

If I will blow up your PV for shits and giggles, you think I won't blow up my own to prove a point?  

I used to put sticky bombs on my Adder/Entity and drive into people.

Again, no fucks are given by the night shift crew.  

• Like 2

Melraz trying to get Herby to teach him how to cuss in German was a particular highlight.

A few weeks or months ago, me and Havoc were fighting a bunch of people who were German, and some who were from Mexico (or somewhere Spanish speaking anyway). So I did some language teaching for him, and after that, he could tell someone he fucked their mother in English, German, French or Spanish. Or call someone a Bastard in English, German, French, Spanish or Cantonese.

You learn this stuff if you go to school in Britain. Useful life skills, you never know when you'll need them.

BACK TO THE POINT: Further research into Sticky bombing people: You CAN sticky bomb NPCs. And then herd them towards other players before blowing them up.

If you put a Sticky on someone's back and shoot it, you're shooting them in the back, without triggering the bomb. Unless it's kind of sticking out a bit,  and you shoot the sticky out bit. Then it explodes.

If you put a Sticky on someone's back and then you die, it despawns. SHAME.

We need to do more research to see where bombs go if you die by other means when they're on you. Presumably they'll either despawn, or stick to the spot you died at. Hopefully B, because then you can dive off building onto Tanks, or parachute onto them or something.

Oh yeah, and I've seen people on youtube detonating Stickies in Apartments and garages. But presumably they went outside to put them on.

I've never destroyed my POV in Free Mode because I don't think I've ever used any of my POVs in Free Mode.  I'm either on foot, in a chopper, or in a stolen car.

I had an idea the other day...

When we race, i think each person should stick to the same color for the night (customs ecxepted)

So, if we see a green car, we know its jt or a yellow car is phil and so on.

Just for easy id since sometimes names are turned off or unreadable.

I have tunnel vision.  Not really concerned with IDing other racers because I am too focused on the route.  I just think we need more coordination over chat if we're trying to pass clean.  By the time I get around to asking who is in front of me and try to get a lane, I've already slipstreamed into their back bumper.

Usually by the first turn, ive been relegated to last, so i never worry about passing. :)

That map thr other day was a pain since i kept slip streaming right at the curves.

I did the Forced Pinto race last nigt and that stuck.

Updated my new DM. I added a couple guns on the ground and another rpg to force of july. And raised limit on other DM to 12 players.

I am so used to setting off gasoline trails with my pistol that I forgot that gasoline in this game still acts like gasoline.

Some Rank 40 asshole from Australia blew up the Simeon I/E this morning I was about to swipe in a session with only seven or so players.  I killed him once and was about to spawn kill the shit out of him, but then he used the Auto Job feature on his phone to escape from me and stayed in Grapeseed.

I got myself shot by the cops on purpose which also got my Entity impounded. 

I went to the impound yard to retrieve my car,  jerry canned his impounded Akuma, and then set off the gasoline trail with the backfire flash from my car exhaust during my escape.  BOOOMMM!!!!!

I called Lester to hide my dot and staked out the Insurance return lot in Pillbox Hill from the top of Simeon's dealership.    When he came back into town to retrieve his bike, I shot him in the head again and signed off to go to work.

I know.  It was really petty.

• Like 1

I may not make it online in time for Jobber Thursday because I have to clean up my apartment in prep for my custody weekend.

If I am on later on tonight, I will be up for the usual player murder Night Shift hijinks.

The glitchy clothing unlock saga continues.   Apparently some people using the exploit to unlock beer hats are also discovering t-shirts with the logos of the radio stations from Vice City and GTA3 in the database.

No GTA for me yesterday.  Stupid construction crew working behind us cleared a bunch of trees and left em piled against my back fence.  As much as I appreciated them creating a giant fire hazard and rat/snake habitat right against my fence I decided it had to go.  Especially after I caught that coral snake in the front yard.  So I spent my evening hauling it all away from my house and depositing it right in the middle of their construction area.  Wound up falling asleep early for once afterwards.

I'll hopefully be on some early, as well as the night shift stuff if anybody else is on.

• Like 1

I'm on tonight after work. I played single-player for about 7-8 hours yesterday and so was in no mood to play online. I got on at one point and did my car-selling routine and was like "well, now what?" Didn't wanna race, didn't wanna do missions, deathmatches or freemode. I said "screw it" and went back to playing single player. I'm level 4,000 and have just silly money - it's really "what the fuck?" money. "Fireworks launcher? What the fuck, why not!"

God, it's amazing how deep single player is. I'm at the planning stages for the big heist, at about 50 percent (about where I was before I started over), and I've only collected one spaceship part and no clues about the murder mystery. I've flown under one bridge and hit no stunt jumps. I'm waiting until the big heist to do the other assassinations, so I haven't bought any businesses yet, which cause their own set of problems. 

I used the internets to find all if the letter scraps and the spaceship parts.  

Collecting the submarine parts and nuclear waste was easy but really time consuming.  It was ultimately rewarding because I found the Sunken UFO Easter Egg off of the northern tip of the area.  Diving for sub parts was scary because sharks would spawn near me at the worst possible time.

I am 49 / 50 bridges and am wracking my brain to figure out which one I haven't done or which attempt didn't register.  I haven't attempted any Knife Flights yet.

I've done a few stunt jumps accidentally wth Trevor while running from the cops.

I was upset to notice that not all purchased properties count towards the five business owned criteria for 100% Completion. 

Trevor owns McKenzie Air Field and Franklin owns Downtown Cab.   

Michael owns Higgins Helitours, Marina Del Sol, and the Sonar dock but they don't seem to count as unique business ventures on the Social Club checklist.

I haven't touched single player in weeks, and I'm about where Stout is, except I've done the main heist.  Haven't done any of the assassinations other than the first, and haven't bought a single business.  I've found one murder clue accidentally while hiding from the cops, and have seen nothing about UFOs yet.  I honestly don't know if I'll ever finish the rest of the game.  If I'm gonna play GTA, I'd rather play with y'all than do single player.  I'll probably get an xbone for either Destiny or Inquisition, and I'm not sure I'll ever come back to the single player after that.

I think I average one or two story missions a week.  When I fire up this game, I am usually messing around with you guys or watching other players doing dumb things on WEAZEL.

I still need to do all the ancillary stuff in single mode but really, i only want to do the papers to see the mystery solved.

it is rather underwhelming.

1) For all of his talk about classic Vinewood, Michael does not get to solve the murder even if you collect all of the letter scraps as Franklin.  After you get the last piece of paper, Franklin goes to seek vigilante justice.

2) There is a news spot on the radio that breaks the story on your murder of Lenora's killer but the website on the fake internet is never updated.

Which i would never hear, since i play with the sound off. :)

There is something wrong with you.  Part of the fun of completing missions is hearing about your exploits on the news. 

I always check Bleeter and Lifeinvader and listen to the news on the radio after every main story mission.

• Like 1

I may be on tonight, midnight-ish.  If I see any of you playing, I'll hit you up.  However, I have three episodes left in the Dexter series, and well...I'm a completionist.

I kinda know how the last 5-10 minutes of it plays out, sadly Chris Jericho's podcast spoiled it for me (that fuck-faced nut sucking mother fucker). Deb has a way with language that I can relate to. 

Also: GTA radio is awesome. Decent music + hilarious commercials + hilariouser talk segments. I could listen to Chattersphere on a loop for an hour or two and not get bored.

Chakra Attack, man.   DOLPHINS ARE DELIVERIN' BABIES, YOU PUNK ASS~!

And comedienne Annie Lederman is the voice of Cheryl Fawkes, Dr. Ray's co-host and the producer of the radio show:

fa1e7e08f2c9d13da434cad2ebb0cbfb.jpg

Bonus..