DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

The Elegy is a great starter car, but once you've had a chance to play the field, a bit, there's better ones out there.

Yeah, that's what I really wanted to do when we got more garage space - I was betting there was an alternative to the Elegy out there, but I needed to find it. A lot of people use Carbonizzares, but all I've read about those is how you really have to get used to the rear-end drift, and that's the last thing I want. I need a tight rear end (the jokes write themselves). I got a Rapid GT and liked it OK, but the Massacro seems to be where the money's at. Just got done racing it on The Commute with no traffic and it was heavenly. 

Probably still won't get rid of my Elegy, though, at least in the long-term future.

That new supercar is utterly unreal. Great alternative to the Entity.

It really is, plus it looks kewl. It's got my Entity as probably next on the "if they gotta go" block. I dunno if it's as good of a car as the Entity overall, but it's damn close, and I just like it better.

Not as much excitement about the new SUV. I wish I could compare it to the Radius. From what I've read, the acceleration's better on the new SUV, but that's about it. So is it worth it to spend $250,000 for slightly better acceleration, or spend $0 on a Radius, which is easily stealable, especially considering I've been in I think 2 SUV races the entire time I've been playing the game? I'm voting no.

If they ever give us another garage (HA!) I wanted a fully modded Voltic, just 'cause. I love stealing those things.

Yeah, that's what I really wanted to do when we got more garage space - I was betting there was an alternative to the Elegy out there, but I needed to find it. A lot of people use Carbonizzares, but all I've read about those is how you really have to get used to the rear-end drift, and that's the last thing I want. I need a tight rear end (the jokes write themselves). I got a Rapid GT and liked it OK, but the Massacro seems to be where the money's at. Just got done racing it on The Commute with no traffic and it was heavenly. 

Probably still won't get rid of my Elegy, though, at least in the long-term future.

I don't get in a lot of sports car races, so it's harder to say, but I really like the 9F Cabrio for racing. It's light, fast, and nimble in the corners. The Jester is also quite good. I'd take either them, or the Massacro, over the Elegy.

It really is, plus it looks kewl. It's got my Entity as probably next on the "if they gotta go" block. I dunno if it's as good of a car as the Entity overall, but it's damn close, and I just like it better.

I couldn't place what car it looked like, then a couple weeks ago, I watched a Top Gear episode where they were reviewing the Lamborghini Sesto Elemento. "Oh, there it is."

I still think you can't beat the Turismo for all-around racer, though the Zentorno's a good pick for freeway races if you're not a good enough driver to handle the squirrelly-ness of the Adder.

The 9F Cabrio is WAY too loose in the rear. Fast as all get-out, though. A lot of people seem to like the Jester quite a bit. It's next on the "buy and try" list if for some reason I fall out of love with the Massacro.

And I really wish I would've bought a Turismo when they first came out, but I thought I had my Super bases covered (and still do, actually) with the Adder and the Entity. I could easily do without the Zentorno, but if forced to give one of the two up, I'd probably give up the Entity over the Zentorno.

My Internet connection is horrible, and as such, I often get in races where I literally don't have time to switch to another custom car from the first custom Super car on the list - my Adder - so I've been racing the Adder in races where I'd normally race an Entity or Zentorno. The Adder does OK once you learn how to control the drift a bit going into sharp corners. It definitely doesn't handle as well as those other two cars, but if you get used to its handling quirks, it doesn't handle poorly.

The thing with the 9F is that it's so light and nimble that even if you do kick the tail out, if you're quick, you can recover before you spin out. It also makes it harder to get PITed, because you'll start to slide, but you can recover and come out ahead.

The Jester's also got the "no back window so you can't be shot from behind" thing the Entity and the Zentorno have going for them.

When the Turismo came out, I had 3 supercars, the Adder, the Entity, and the Infernus. I love the look of the Infernus, and I loved it in GTA IV, but it just wasn't fast enough to stay.

The Adder can be managed, but you lose so much speed wrangling the damn thing around corners that it ends up being a poorer choice than any of the other top cars (Entity, Turismo, Zentorno) in races that aren't largely straightaways.

I'm falling more and more in love with the Massacro every day.  Only wish you could get a secondary color on it.  But that's a minor quibble. 

Thank God Andrew saved all our bacon yesterday on Extradition. Getting a wanted level about 100 feet from Martin's house sucks total balls. 

Thank God Andrew saved all our bacon yesterday on Extradition. Getting a wanted level about 100 feet from Martin's house sucks total balls. 

That was a complete shitshow. I can't believe I wrecked that Buzz-ard. I usually take the DA out, then land and grab the suitcase, take back off and fly to Martin's. Instead, I wreck the chopper like a goof. Been a while since I played that one.

There's really absolutely no use in anyone actually breaking into Zancudo. We could've used another person without a warning level. Dan probably should've been flying one of the Lazers.

We also should be able to figure out where the DA spawns by now. He knew you guys were waiting for him at the end of the street and headed the other way. I tried to practically land to shoot him and got tangled up in some crap and wrecked.

At least we kicked Titan of a Job's ass.

I'm falling more and more in love with the Massacro every day. Only wish you could get a secondary color on it. But that's a minor quibble.

You can at least put a carbon hood and rear spoiler on it to break about the monochromaticness.

I'd really like to get a Super and start getting it modded as it seems most of the random races I get dropped into are Supers now that people have built up so much money.

From y'alls experience, are the lower end cars (the Voltic or the Bullet) even worth your time and money it takes to Mod them?  I normally race the Entity, which I've grown to love, but $800,000 plus lord knows how much for mods is going to take me a lifetime to earn.

In my defense, I did more killing on that hill than I did dying, despite my bitching.  

Agreed, you guys did real well. But I'm just saying that complaining about getting killed when there's seven dudes trying to kill you is like complaining about the heat in mid-August. It's hot? Why you don't say! If it's 100 in February, feel free to complain about it.

Well...you won't have to worry about listening to me bitch on gta5 for a while Stout.  I got other shit I need to take care of anyway.  Will that make your "feels" all better?  

Awwwww, don't be that way. Do what you want, I don't give a shit. Forget I said anything. I take it back.

So, can I still sell some of my leftover clothes at your yard sale? I'll give you 10 percent.

Lesson learned last night: Don't steal a car, fully mod it, and then go on a store robbing spree before you place it in your garage. Got killed before I could make it in and lost the car and $100k that I put into it.

Also, I am getting an annoying glitch where the personal vehicle I used last won't be in my garage when I start a new game so I have to call the dickhead mechanic to get it.