DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Misanthrope has it on one of his cars. I suspect it will be popular among this set.

I have a very ham-fisted driving style and I'm constantly setting off the horn, so I can't get a custom horn, but I'd LOVE to have the "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies" one. I laughed for about five minutes at the total randomness of it the first time I heard it.

Immense pleasure gaming with the Tuesday evening race-and-deathmatch crew. Anytime anyone needs me to cost their team a deathmatch win, just yell. 

I'm not into masks, but they did a really good job on the new hockey masks. And I was goofing around with two dudes who had the new cars, and the new Super is absolutely freaking leave-the-earth quick.

I'd love to have another garage so I could just keep stuff instead of thinking "what do I wanna sell?" I'd have a tough time thinking of 20 cars I'd want, though. Maybe 15. 

And Melraz, we'd never kick you out of the crew. Maybe demote you. ... Wait, that won't work. PYLE!!!

And you're all welcome at Misanthrope's yard sale over the weekend, to be held outside his apartment in Del Perro. There'll be lemonade and baked goods, so come hungry. Several board members are due in Tennessee on Friday - I think Robert's already started driving. :) Private Pyle has a damn weekend pass and he's goin' out on the town. 

• Like 2

The highlight of last night clearly was the attempt to throw Mark a race.

JT almost fucking it up is still making me giggle

That was tremendous. Watching that unfold was priceless. There was just this tremendous pileup, and then I thought "did that nearly happen?"

The late night crew did a race in utility vehicles and Robert just flattened RUkered with a tractor while I was in another tractor trying to run Robert off the road. I hadn't factored in the ungodly slowness of the utilitys when picking them, I just thought "this should be fun." When the scooter is the fastest thing in the race, you know you've got problems.

And it's a shame we never got around to "Jump or Die."

I still expected Dan to win at the last minute.

I had no idea that Mark was not in the lead until we were almost at the finish line and I threaded nine needles to avoid the boondoggle of your piled up cars near the finish line.  And then it turned out that he didn't even need us to farm one out since he won one legit at the end of the evening aka the clusterfuck where I kept running into the accidents you assholes caused seconds earlier.

What pisses me off is that we bet on him to win, he won, and we still lost money.  What the fuck?

I really like the way that new Jester gas-hybrid sports car held up in the Mark Must Win At Any Cost race.  I may get one in the future.

I was not fond of that painball map deathmatch map, but the experience was not as horrible as I thought it would be.  If I thought about raising a body count rather than my overall K/D ratio, I'd probably win more solo deathmatches.

The deathmatches at the mansion and in that construction site were right up my alley, though.  I do much better in Team Deathmatches than I do in Normal ones.   Rippa thought he was going to back door his way into a Deathmatch win, yet he turned out to be the Top Killer. No one turned on Owned+Pickups in any of the deathmaches.  Nobody in the crew wants to see me get my Scoped Out platinum medal for sniper rifle murders.

Jstout nearly levered me into the back of a pickup truck in that race to the prison.  If I hadn't caught his slipstream in the last ten seconds of the race, I'd have lost.

We are not booting Private Pyle.  He is the best murderer on the 360 crew.

I will probably put Flight of the Valkryies on my Entity XF if I decide to keep it (the new Turismo R is soooo sexy!). 

I finally got my Phoenix this morning and I think I may put the Dukes of Hazzard "Wish I Was In Dixie" horn on that one.

This is the pic of her before I put on the Gold racing stripes so she'd have the same colors as the Bandit's Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am.

7e72.jpg

I opted for the chrome single-vent intake, but may switch to the three-vent bug catcher.  I didn't get the high spoiler because I thought it was too much.  I still need to paint the rims gold.

• Like 3

Im starting to think its best to start a race in the rear than in the front, since you miss the inevitable cluster that comes at the first turn.

I'm not sure if it really matters.  I've won races from every part of the field; first, middle, and last.  I've also started dead last and finished dead last before.

But yeah, the winner of the race is the guy that either avoids collisions or recovers from them the best.  You can go from first to worst or visa versa in the blink of an eye.  It's all about clean laps

Your character's Driving skill plays a big part in that.  Now that my guy is a Pro Racer, I've noticed that my in-game skid management and drifting ability are much better than they used to be.

Figured I'd get kicked cause I gotta lotta kinds of drunk last night shit I'm still purdy drunk right now. I know I had to be obnoxious with no sleep and a shit ton of beer. But hell I had fun.

Figured I'd get kicked cause I gotta lotta kinds of drunk last night shit I'm still purdy drunk right now. I know I had to be obnoxious with no sleep and a shit ton of beer. But hell I had fun.

We will boot one of the mysterious Muscle members that we never see online before you go, buddy. 

You are the beloved Killer Joe of our band of robbers and assassins.

killer-joe-poster-neil-cook-1024x728.jpg

• Like 2

Yesterday Morning, me and Havoc tested his new Turismo against my Entity on Grand Tour. It seemed that the Turismo was very light, that when they went shoulder to shoulder it was like hitting a balloon with a brick. I won, and I never win Grand Tour.

Last night, I tried the same thing against Cristobal. Either he's a lot better at controlling through vehicle contact, or I'm a lot worse at racing after a 9 hour shift than I am before it.

You can buy full outfits from the Clothes shops now, just walk up to the counter. You can also wear more than one piece of Jewelry at the same time now, as evinced by my Business Gold Watch and Valentine's Day Pearl Necklace. I've seen lots of people wearing the new masks*, but nobody but me in a Top Hat or Bowler. Everyone has the chance to do a Clockwork Orange gimmick, and nobody's doing it.

Probably trading in my Elegy for a Jester soon. Probably. I've had no luck with Sports Cars. The Fusillade doesn't turn, the Comet used to spin out (and lost it's insurance before it got blown up, mere days before it would have become legal to sell it) and the Elegy is half a muscle car. Was thinking about trying a Coquette (making it red so I can sing that Prince song) but the Jester might be better. Not sure if the mods would make it better or worse though.

* They'd be good if you could wear them with a Hoodie with the hood up, Doctor Doom style. Might have to see if you can wear them with a open face Crash helmet, like you can with the pig mask and that.

I am torn between the MF Doom-esqeue warrior hockey mask and the one that just has the white skull spray painted on the front.

Probably trading in my Elegy for a Jester soon. Probably. I've had no luck with Sports Cars. The Fusillade doesn't turn, the Comet used to spin out (and lost it's insurance before it got blown up, mere days before it would have become legal to sell it) and the Elegy is half a muscle car. Was thinking about trying a Coquette (making it red so I can sing that Prince song) but the Jester might be better. Not sure if the mods would make it better or worse though.

I raced in the Jester yesterday and it is a pretty sweet ride even when unmodded.  I am partial to my Elegy because it was free and has served me well, but I may have to pony up for something else. 

A fully modded Sultan with the RS package will give a modded Elegy a run for its money and Sultans barely have half the resale value when both cars are fully tricked out..  

0_0.jpg

I never bothered to get the GTA5 Sultan because you can't mod one to look completely like the GTA 4 version.  You get the racing stripes, the roll cage, and the spoiler, but you can't get the twin side exhausts that the GTA4 Sultan RS had. 

A fully modded Jester should outperform a fully modded Elegy.  If they don't, R* really is screwing the pooch on microtransactions if the stuff you can get for free is far better than the stuff they want you to spend ridiculous amounts of GTA bucks on.

I have had a bad taste in my mouth for driving Comets ever since it taking nine replays to win the race in Stevie's Comet in the GTA 4 mission, Number One (No. 1).  Comets are fast in the straightaway but they corner like shit.  If your wheels ever leave the ground on declines because of your speed, you're fucked because you will spin out every time recovering from the landing..

Coquettes handle nicely and don't oversteer as much as Banshees or Rapid GTs, but Carbonizzares seem to be a smidge faster and handle just as well.  I fully support the idea of getting a red Coquette for the sole purpose of thematics.  That is why I got the Redwood Cigarettes livery for my Bati 800RR (so it would look like Luis Lopez's motorcycle from the last mission in BoTG) and my newly acquired Phoenix (Smokey & The Bandit).

I have heard great things about it.  I am seriously thinking about selling my Entity and re-investing in a Turismo R.

Discussion has also got me thinking about ditching my Elegy and going after a Sultan to fully pimp out and buying a Jester later on.

Fuck, now I am awash with car ideas, but tonight is Mass Effect night.  I may have to hop on early right after work to see if I can nab a Sultan (drive a muscle car around the docks long enough and they will eventually spawn along with the Phoenix) and price a Turismo R before Cerberus slaughter time.

I need to jump on that before I buy / steal another vehicle and screw up my car line-up in my garage.  R* really does need to put in the ability to easily re-arrage your whips in your garage.

You can also wear more than one piece of Jewelry at the same time now, as evinced by my Business Gold Watch and Valentine's Day Pearl Necklace.

Eh?  Is your toon a girl?  My dude has always been able to sport a chain and a watch at the same time.  You still cannot wear a jacket and neck jewelry at the same time.

Too many quotes, but I'm late to the party.  Last night was good stuff.  I can barely see today, but it was worth it.

I have a very ham-fisted driving style and I'm constantly setting off the horn, so I can't get a custom horn, but I'd LOVE to have the "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies" one. I laughed for about five minutes at the total randomness of it the first time I heard it.

I will never have a custom horn, precisely for this reason.  Every time I take a hard turn I'm leaning on the horn already.  Having to hear a custom horn every time that happens would piss me off to no end.

The late night crew did a race in utility vehicles and Robert just flattened RUkered with a tractor while I was in another tractor trying to run Robert off the road. I hadn't factored in the ungodly slowness of the utilitys when picking them, I just thought "this should be fun." When the scooter is the fastest thing in the race, you know you've got problems.

That was the one thing I was hoping for in that race - that I'd get to run over a scooter in that tractor.  I'd kill for a way to get video replay on some of these deals.

Misanthrope somehow found a vehicle even slower than the tractors.  Stout and I waited by the finish line to give him time to finish the race.  I went through the finish when he was about 50 yards away, and he still nearly got a DNF.

I still expected Dan to win at the last minute.

I had no idea that Mark was not in the lead until we were almost at the finish line and I threaded nine needles to avoid the boondoggle of your piled up cars near the finish line.  And then it turned out that he didn't even need us to farm one out since he won one legit at the end of the evening aka the clusterfuck where I kept running into the accidents you assholes caused seconds earlier.

What pisses me off is that we bet on him to win, he won, and we still lost money.  What the fuck?

I was not fond of that painball map deathmatch map, but the experience was not as horrible as I thought it would be.  If I thought about raising a body count rather than my overall K/D ratio, I'd probably win more solo deathmatches.

The deathmatches at the mansion and in that construction site were right up my alley, though.  I do much better in Team Deathmatches than I do in Normal ones.   Rippa thought he was going to back door his way into a Deathmatch win, yet he turned out to be the Top Killer. No one turned on Owned+Pickups in any of the deathmaches.  Nobody in the crew wants to see me get my Scoped Out platinum medal for sniper rifle murders.

I got almost to the finish, and the realized I was in the lead.  Stopped right by the finish, so I had a perfect view.  Mark came past me, then I see JT fly by right on his ass.  I had no clue who won until the leader board came up.  All I can think of in that race is that maybe they have something in place in cases where everybody bets on the same guy, and then he wins.  And most of those accidents you ran into were just me after I hit inanimate objects on every damn turn.

I have the same problem with regular deathmatches.  I worry too much about getting killed, so I don't take enough chances to win most of the time.

The construction deathmatch was funny.  Rippa saying we'd carry him to victory, then carrying us instead.  About halfway through he had 6 of our 8 kills.

We gotta keep you around, man.  You flying 5 of us in the Titan for an airborne assault on another crew in free mode while simultaneously cutting a hilarious promo had me laughing my ass off.

• Like 1

To be fair - I also think I had 3/4 of our team's deaths too.

Hey, giving eight to get eight is still a 1.0 K/D ratio.  I think I was dead even at four kills and four deaths.  I was kinda glad that the Forced + Pickups rule was enforced that time around, because it would've gone worse for us if the other team had sniper rifles, grenades, or sticky bombs..

I could kick myself right now.  I swiped that sawed off shotgun pick up from you and then totally failed to equip it and blind fire from cover when El Dragon first showed up at our spawn point. 

I could've blown him to bits at close range from safety instead of trading point blank pistol shots in open air.  I am old and stupid and forgetful.  Being sent to the low ground to regroup worked out better for us, though.  The God of Killers looked down on us with favor that time around.