DVDVR Message Board

NFL Stupidity in 2015

Dolfan in NYC

Wait, do we care about PEDs in football now too?

Only because one of the biggest names from this generation is connected to the story.  Otherwise, it's the NFL and we give less than a damn.  Even now, it's being met with some indifference.

Unless they have video evidence of Peyton getting freeze-dried placenta injected into his ass, I don't know if the story will hold water.  The pharmacist has already recanted his story and everyone named is lawyered up.

We never had evidence of Barry Bonds using anything either but he's black and hated the media so... 

The story adds up.  Peyton was sidelined in 2011. This guy worked at the facility in 2011 while Peyton was trying to recover from a career threatening injury. Peyton comes back the next year and has three straight years of crazy play. Broke a bunch of records etc..

*Nationwide jingle* Should've covered up my tracks.

One of the better takes this morning was Ditka falling all over himself to say how Al-Jazeera is not a credible news source, like it's the Sun reporting that Batboy and Kim Kardashian are dating.

Clearly he's been having some difficulty with his supplier. :P

My completely wild speculative Manning theory is the NFL supposedly only started HGH testing after September 2014. Manning's play really started to drop off around November 2014, didn't it?

Not that I blame him if he did take it. You'd have to be nuts to play in the NFL without taking something! The masses don't care about PED use in football but they do love to tear down people who have been built up as squeaky clean. Would not be surprised if the NFL strongly urges Peyton to retire so they don't have to dig into this.

Looks like the guy made the whole thing up.

I love how people at the same time will say "it is the media's fault for spreading these stories!" and then say "why aren't they talking about Manning!" without a sense of irony. Maybe the media didn't jump all over it because it sounded fishy, there was no evidence whatsoever, just one guy saying it.

I think HGH should be legal, especially for healing and with a doctor's care. But people going straight to "Fuck MANNINNNG!" because one random guy accused him of something says a lot about our society.

• Like 1

It's hard to say this immediately prices it's not true. He's basically saying "I was lying when I didn't know anyone was taping." which makes him hard to trust.

It's very possible he made it up. It's also very possible he didn't know he was taped, didn't want to expose this, and is terrified of being sued into oblivion.

Who the fuck knows?

• Like 1

I would think the fact he didn't even work there at the time would be more of a red flag and that he has no evidence whatsoever, but I'll let you "GUILTY NO MATTER WHAT" people have your fun :) Please don't become judges.

To answer your question, he looks like someone scared shitless, like someone that said something to sound impressive to a person and now he is a national story. He knows he could be sued out the ass if he doesn't have proof, which I am imaging he doesn't since none has been shown yet.

• Like 1

I would think the fact he didn't even work there at the time would be more of a red flag and that he has no evidence whatsoever, but I'll let you "GUILTY NO MATTER WHAT" people have your fun :) Please don't become judges.

To answer your question, he looks like someone scared shitless, like someone that said something to sound impressive to a person and now he is a national story. He knows he could be sued out the ass if he doesn't have proof, which I am imaging he doesn't since none has been shown yet.

Who's pushing "GUILTY NO MATTER WHAT"?

To be clear, I don't give a flying fuck about PEDs in any sport.

• Like 1