DVDVR Message Board

NFL Draft Thread 2015

JRGoldman

I am a Raiders fan.  I expect nothing but pain and humiliation.

elizium will be over shortly.

Am I going over to administer pain and humiliation? I'm so confused as to what my role around here is.

And now the fuck fun begins (though take everything will a billion grains of salt)

ESPN is reporting that the Browns have offered the Titans both of their first round picks so that they can go to #2 and pick Mariota

Does Mariota have his degree?  If so, he'd be better off finding a job in that than playing for the Browns.  Factory of Sadness!

And now the fuck fun begins (though take everything will a billion grains of salt)

ESPN is reporting that the Browns have offered the Titans both of their first round picks so that they can go to #2 and pick Mariota

Of course they have. . . . 

Deadspin's article 'Something Weird is Going On With Randy Gregory'

What is this “off-the-field stuff” that could torpedo Gregory’s NFL career? Why do scouts and the NFL.com reporters repeatedly go out of their way to emphasize that these problems are “no fault of his own?” Mike Florio’s baffled, and damned if this report—and others referring to Gregory’s “other issues”—isn’t specifically obfuscating the actual issue at hand.

The caution may stem from potential medical privacy issues, as well as workplace discrimination laws. There are rumors, confined to social media and message boards, that Gregory may suffer from depression and/or anxiety. (He himself has said he first started smoking marijuana to deal with anxiety, though it’s not clear if he was using the term in its clinical sense.)

I saw a thing the other day on the past recent deals where teams have traded a batch of picks to move up and take QB's and man that doesn't have a very pretty history in the NFL does it? Best results were Sanchez (he did go to two AFC title games after all), and Vick in Atlanta. It went pretty far downhill from there.

So yeah if the Browns do that, I will not blink.

I saw a thing the other day on the past recent deals where teams have traded a batch of picks to move up and take QB's and man that doesn't have a very pretty history in the NFL does it? Best results were Sanchez (he did go to two AFC title games after all), and Vick in Atlanta. It went pretty far downhill from there.

Wonder if that's because teams willing to trade away a top pick like that know that the QB drafted in that slot isn't worth it?

Wonder if that's because teams willing to trade away a top pick like that know that the QB drafted in that slot isn't worth it?

50/50...there's also the years like Vick and RG3 where the team at that spot didn't need the QB.

Jesus you guys talk so much shit about Cleveland. Do you also make fun of people with Downs Syndrome? 

The QB trade failures thing makes sense when you think about it. The teams that are in need of a QB are the same teams that do not have the resources to withstand missing out on multiple first and second rounders down the line. These sorts of trades (especially for a position with a success rate of about 50%) are destined to fail. 

Per Jay Glazer, La'el Collins' agent is attempting to get him out of this year's draft so that he can clear his name in time to enter the Supplemental Draft in the summer.

I mean, there's not a snowball's chance that it works because of the precedent it would set, but that's what they're doing.

Yeah - Glazer is saying that multiple teams have said that unless they have a full police report totally clearing him - they won't draft Collins at all

I actually like the Browns and wish they would do well because both the Steelers and Ravens are pretty unlikeable to me and the Bengals are Forever Alone.

Well, I mean...That's pretty much the rust belt in a nutshell: none of us are likable.

Granted, it's a stretch to call Baltimore the rust belt, but they certainly bring plenty of reasons to hate.