cavernario

virus

dragon Lee

Hechicero

A notch below but worth a look

Star Jr

cachorro/the Panther

Titan

I'm pretty much with Mark here too. In an ideal world Maximo and Sombra would probably be there too, but I get the need to cap.

Also Star Jr. is a crazy pick, I love the Busca tourney as much as anyone, but Star Jr. wouldn't make this if it was all luchadores

I would def put him laston thosei i mentioned.

Probably should have also mentioned some of the minis or Puma and Tiger, but i know we will be lucky to get 5 or 6 luchadors into the tourney.

If Lucha Underground goes in here, I'm putting forward Prince Puma and Big Ryck. Puma was a pretty good fiery babyface this year. Who's been better than Ryck in terms of superheavyweights? I mean proper "what will it take to knock him off his feet" type guys, not guys like Owens or Harper. Lesnar probably counts but I am blanking on other people who were as good a hoss as Ryck (I like Rusev a lot though he is not consistently booked as dominant, his selling is really good though). Sorry if this seems a discussion unsuited to the lucha bracket.

Nah - I want Lucha Underground in here - though there are a bunch of crossover dudes.

I definitely have to watch some of Mundo/Morrison's non-LU work to decide how I feel about him

Oh there isn't a set amount of spots for anyone - it is more about organizing.

Only reason I mention Mundo here is just because I figure the most exposure folks have of him this year is via LU

I feel like a lot of the guys I would want to nominate fall into the category of "Had good years, not amazing ones".  Like I think Texano Jr delivered in his title matches during this period, but I'd be hard pressed to point out any other matches that were special.  And I think Kamaitachi has been super fun and come such a long way during his stay in CMLL, but his most notable stuff has been the recent Dragon Lee feud and the blow-off will be outside of the time period.  Guerrero Maya Jr super impressed me in the build up to the tag title match with Cavenario and Hechicero, but again I don't have enough to strongly push for his inclusion on the list.

I guess I'm just griping that luchadores don't get enough love.

Cuerno and Puma are the guys I'd put in from Lucha Underground. As much as I love watching LU, the matches are honestly not its strong suit, even if the workers are all extremely talented athletically.

I'll bet you fifty bucks Puma gets in the tournament but not Cuerno.

Prince Puma and Fenix from LU

If your putting in Fenix, I think you have to to put in Pentagon Jr. And King Cuerno/El Hijo del Fantasma

Pentagon and Cuerno were great, too. If I had to rank my Lucha Underground picks for this thing, it would go....

Fenix

Puma

Pentagon

Mundo

Cuerno