DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2015 - Spring Training!

Dolfan in NYC

Bringing up the "tradition" card for a franchise that's been around 50 years, had a name change, played in three stadiums, and has won one pennant is an odd strategy. The division's needed to be balanced, and they were the best and easiest candidate to do it.

Not when Bud knows the value of being a division rival w the Cubbies.

Basically this. The Cubs are the Brewers biggest rivals. The swap was great for Milwaukee.

Not like it matters much, but the Cardinals are.

Not when Bud knows the value of being a division rival w the Cubbies.

Basically this. The Cubs are the Brewers biggest rivals. The swap was great for Milwaukee.

Not like it matters much, but the Cardinals are.

I think you mixed up the order. The Cards are the Cubs biggest rivals (by a lot), but the Cubs are Milwaukees biggest rivals. Geographical distance and just general dislike are the key factors there.

• Like 1

Jays OF Michael Saunders has a torn meniscus in his knee and is out until the All-Star Break

Well isn't that just great

And people gave Jack Z shit for implying Saunders was injury prone...

Jays OF Michael Saunders has a torn meniscus in his knee and is out until the All-Star Break

Well isn't that just great

And people gave Jack Z shit for implying Saunders was injury prone...

This latest one was a freak injury. He tripped in sprinkler hole in the outfield. That could happen to anyone. Look at Mariano Rivera's injury in 2012; torn ACL shagging fly balls in the outfield.

Jorge Soler is a monster. He put on 20 to 25 lbs. of muscle/weight this offseason and is now a 6'4" 240 lbs. monster.

Like, that sounds awesome, except he's had issues with injuries in the past, so I'm a little concerned about what this extra weight means.

Of course, if that extra weight means being out with an injury in the middle part of the season while he puts up 30 to 40 homeruns total helping the team being something more than shitty or middling at the end of the season, then I guess that's fine with me.

The MN Twins warming up on their second day of spring training.

http://youtu.be/6ZEMzoBj970

Yeah, yeah, bring on "They suck so much, they're switching sports!" crap. I just liked it.

I just like how some of those dudes have no idea how to throw a football.

So put a purple jersey on 'em and call 'em Vikings. See if anybody notices the difference.

Anyone else watching preseason games and finding themselves getting unexpectedly and inordinately mad at anyone who steps out of the batter's box between pitches?

I mean, like, seriously Austin Romine WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU GET YOUR FUCKING FOOT BETWEEN THE CHALK PUNK!!!