DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Snowed In 1-26-15

MGFanJay

This was such a refreshing show. Beyond having JBL do the weather, they should really consider putting at least one full PPV match on a post-PPV Raw show. They've already budgeted PPV buys as zero, and by only doing one match (and not always having it be a main event), you don't piss off Network subscribers. The sitdown interview stuff was so great too. Seth put himself over as a top guy and then did a deal with Brock that should logically lead to a Brock match at Fast Lane. They're already giving away Cena-Rusev and a HHH-Sting confrontation for that show, so you might as well go all-in and get one more match out of Brock if you're determined to sacrifice so much of WM's card. Have Seth-Brock in a one on one match to cement Seth, even with a loss, as the top dog. Hell, I'd have Seth beat him and either do a triple threat with Brock cashing in his rematch and saying it's a chance to beat up two guys again, or do Brock-Bryan and calling it a number 1 contender's match.

They seem to think that Brock's leaving, although if I was WWE, I'd look into a dual contract with UFC. It seems insane given that WWE is such a control freak of a company, but they do allow him to have sponsors and UFC does allow Josh Barnett to do IGF matches. UFC has far more to gain with Brock being exposed on WWE's TV than just being on their currently-struggling TV setup and it would be best for both companies to have Brock's services right now. WWE needs the roster depth and star power, and the same holds true for UFC. Having him do one fight per year for UFC and then long before and after that doing a match for WWE would work for the companies and allow Brock to line his pockets like never before.

The Roman interview was a disaster. Between the audio issue at the start and Roman offering up patty-cake responses, he came off as doomed. The weirdest bit was them bringing up him being hand-picked by the higher ups, who in storyline are opposed to him as evidenced by the end of the Rumble match, and he thanked them for the opportunity. LOVED LOVED LOVED the Arnold parody bits - Paige and Ryback shined, while Vince probably went through his personal collection for the bodybuilding pics. Loved Dean walking and hitchhiking to the building, then asking  "Hey, you guys got any posters of me I can look at!?" Bryan's interview with Renee was a great way to set up a Brock match in the future. They've really got more matches they need to get out of Brock - shame they wasted three matches on a year-long feud with HHH. Heyman cut among the greatest promos in history with Roman Reigns here. This promo was worth every penny they've paid Brock since 2012 if it winds up helping Roman out. If this was just in a vacuum with nothing else until WM, it would be a million buys.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/01/raw-1-26-15.html

Screens -

ee15f2384869800.jpg

8b490a384869878.jpg

dd198b384881308.jpg

HE'S ON A ROLL, BABY!
717fe6384881423.jpg

6f2341384904407.jpg

16a3f3384904475.jpg

6e9efd384904492.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/ptv0z9xmgjba96whobfjrlrd6lepafx0

That end segment is exactly what Roman should've been doing all along. Badass one liner. Silent stare. No cutesy bullshit. God...it's not rocket science, people.

Pretty much and Heyman can save anything. Brock sitting there all chill and laid back as Heyman paints the picture..  Jesus Fuck..  Their act is worth every fucking penny. Every damn penny.

• Like 2

this is the best show that'll never be spoken of again. They SHOULD recycle some of the interviews here for future shows. But this was essentially psuedo-shoot interview WWE. Saxton asking Reigns if higherups are grooming him (which makes more sense OOC), Reigns being outed as a Samoan, and so on.

Not sure how much ratings mean in 2015, but with the NE locked indoors and a clip show, it'll be interesting if this episode beat actual live RAWs.

I'm kinda pissed off that even in his hobo adventures, Dean Ambrose is putting over random dudes at gas stations.

The heat was set at 63 degrees. I'm so upset he didn't turn it up to 69 and laugh about it.

Cut the guy some slack. He had a rough day. He almost lost a finger.

Gotta agree about this Raw being a refreshing change. The "one-on-one interview" thing is a great way to add some character to guys, hell look what it did for Foley back in '97. Rollins really came off strong to me, and I didn't even think Reigns was that bad in his solo one, and the ending with him and Lesnar was properly intense.

There has to be some insider joke in the fact that they are having a blizzard near the WWE headquarters and the temperature in the building is only 63 degrees.

By the way there is no way in hell that Russev is losing to Cena at Fast Lane right?  I mean it is kind of dumb they are having the match to begin with before WM but the WWE wouldn't be that stupid

I'm kinda pissed off that even in his hobo adventures, Dean Ambrose is putting over random dudes at gas stations.

The heat was set at 63 degrees. I'm so upset he didn't turn it up to 69 and laugh about it.

Cut the guy some slack. He had a rough day. He almost lost a finger.

Yeah. But when Dean says "I almost lost a finger" that doesn't necessarily mean "off my own hand" it could easily be just referring to one he has in his possession.

• Like 6

That was so damn fun. My favorite Raws have always been the ones that take place under weird circumstances; this, volcano, eddie tribute, the weeks after the Benoit shit. That Brock/Roman sit down at the end went a long way to selling me on that match. That was really good television. Dean randomly showing up was awesome, I love how no matter how ridiculous Dean's stories sound they all seem completely plausible because of his character. Bryan's interview was awful, it doesn't seem like he can emote anger as a face. If it wasn't setting money on fire I'd really like to see Bryan have a Falling Down moment, snap, and go heel and just start maiming people. I almost thought that maybe they'd have some shit go down and have Rollins cash in and win the title in the studio.

edit: I think the joke with the temp was that WWE was created in '63 but you always keep a studio freezing cold because of how hot the lighting is.

Gotta agree about this Raw being a refreshing change. The "one-on-one interview" thing is a great way to add some character to guys, hell look what it did for Foley back in '97. Rollins really came off strong to me, and I didn't even think Reigns was that bad in his solo one, and the ending with him and Lesnar was properly intense.

You have the best sig of all time.

• Like 2