DVDVR Message Board

2014-15 NFL Playoffs: Divisional Weekend

Dolfan in NYC

Been listening to a lot of opinions on the radio and online and one of the more interesting debates to me is the ranking of QBs left in the playoffs.  In no specific order of who's left:  Brady, Manning, Luck, Flacco, Rodgers, Wilson, Romo, Newton.  I would have them-

8. Newton

7. Wilson

6. Manning

5. Flacco

4. Luck

3. Romo

2. Brady

1. Rodgers

It's a hard list to rank because of so many factors.  Rodgers' ranking assumes his injury doesn't affect him but fully healthy I think he's an easy #1.  Weird ranking Manning so low but he hasn't played as good as the others recently. 

No Cardinals fans here? Then again, only people born and raised here in AZ are fans of the home team. Even, you see more Raiders and Bears fans here.

Dolphins fan because we grew up with one tv an my brother got to pick that we were watching Broncos/Dolphins that night. Dolphins won. My brother and I still don't talk to each other during the season. The jerk.

• Like 1

Romo and Rodgers finished the season playing the best.

Flacco is the most who knows what you'll get guy out there.

Brady and Manning are still Brady and Manning. Then the other three are all young, talented, and inconsistent.

This isn't the first time I've seen 18 totally check out before the playoffs and for the first time since he had Edge (Addai doesn't count), Peyton has a competent RB to take some of the pressure off him.

Brady and Manning are still Brady and Manning. Then the other three are all young, talented, and inconsistent.

Wilson's the guy that won the last Super Bowl.

Manning isn't still Manning. His head thinks he is, he arm strength says different. He looked awful at the end of the regular season.
  • Like 1

Manning isn't still Manning. His head thinks he is, he arm strength says different. He looked awful at the end of the regular season.

This is true, but with the extra week off, I'm not willing to bet on him sucking until he does.

This is true, but with the extra week off, I'm not willing to bet on him sucking until he does.

You mean like the last Super Bowl? ;)

The subtle digs at Manning have been a hoot. The Colts' Wild Card Round victory was barely fresh when it all started. They were interviewing Reggie Wayne postgame and flashed a sly little graphic that this was the first time he'd been on teams that won games in back-to-back postseasons since '03-'04. Then all week long on their infotainment ticker ESPN has had the gem scrolling about Peyton going one-and-done eight times and how no other QB since 1966 has accomplished that feat more than four times. I guess they could've stuck the knife in even deeper if the scroll would've mentioned his teams have been eliminated by the Jets and Chargers twice apiece.