DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2015 TV DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I wouldn't even know where to begin if I were in charge of bringing back Millennium.  Do you reboot the serial-killer-of-the-week first season?  The Frank-is-a-psychic-Millennium-Group-modern-day-knights-of-templar second season?  The FBI angle from the third season?  Millennium was basically a different show every season.

I would dig more of the Morgan/Wong 2nd season.  Really liked that.  Didn't really care for the other seasons.  Don't think that many key figures from season 2 are busy these days.

Yes! That is probably my biggest gripe about the series upon rewatch. Her change in hairstyle from season 1 to season 2 was awful and is probably partly responsible for the show not retaining it's audience when it moved to Fridays.

Yes! That is probably my biggest gripe about the series upon rewatch. Her change in hairstyle from season 1 to season 2 was awful and is probably partly responsible for the show not retaining it's audience when it moved to Fridays.

You sound like a Felicity fan.
  • Like 1

TV shows that should be rebooted:

Dark, gritty Nolanesque Baywatch

Dark, gritty Nolanesque Golden Girls

Dark, gritty Nolanesque Friends

Dark, gritty Nolanesque I Love Lucy

Chanandler Bong is the hero Gotham deserves...
That's Ms. Chanandler Bong to you, sir!

Oh and if we are rebooting shows, the correct and only answer is Get a Life.

But then if you have a show where Liz Hurley is THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND you're already a camp classic in the making and may as well go with it.

Are we going to pretend that isn't totally plausible?

(And awesome)

If The Queen looked like Liz Hurley, the American public would be flocking to the streets demanding that the monarchy be brought back.

My girlfriend and I are on a big investigation/police procedural TV kick. We started watching Broadchurch, which is great. She also watch the Fall back when it first aired, so we're watching that as well. It's been pretty good so far. The main villain is the star of 50 Shades of Grey and he's a top notch horrible person in the Fall.

That reminds me: Princess Diana and Tilda Swinton were close friends in school when they were kids.

"One day, I will marry a prince and become the most famous woman on the planet."

"One day I will win an Oscar and spend a week in a glass box at an art gallary."

Teacher: "Yes, yes...these are realistic goals."

• Like 1

That reminds me: Princess Diana and Tilda Swinton were close friends in school when they were kids.

"One day, I will marry a prince and become the most famous woman on the planet."

"One day I will win an Oscar and spend a week in a glass box at an art gallary."

Teacher: "Yes, yes...these are realistic goals."

That reminds me of a story that Jason Bonham told me after a Foreigner concert:

He & his wife got called to his son's school.

School: "Your son has been lying and we need to nip this in the bud."

Jason: "Oh really? What's he saying?"

School: "He said he's a golf champion, his dad's in Foreigner and his grandfather was in Led Zeppelin."

Jason: "Well, he's lying but not about the thing you think he is..."

Sidenote: Jason Bonham was a really cool dude.

• Like 5

I am liking The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore so far.  What I like most is the format of the show.  I like that they devote an entire episode to one topic.  The panel discussion is a little rough around the edges now, but that will get smoothed out.

• Like 1

I mentioned The Nightly Show in the Cosby thread and someone brought up how the panels need work with the comedians being the only ones with a divisive opinion. Funny enough, tonight Godfrey was the one holding the party line and they somehow found a young, black Republican woman to throw shade on the conversation. They need a more diverse panel for sure, but then this doesn't have the time of a Politically Incorrect/Bill Maher Show, and is still a comedy show.

EDIT: Forgot about this, but I was thinking last night, maybe they should do all comedians. It worked for Colin Quinn.