DVDVR Message Board

2014 NCAAF: Week #8

Dewar

It was a penalty I suppose but I hate to see a classic game end that way. In fact, I'm not sure I can call it a classic just based on how it ended. I don't want officials deciding the winner.

Would you prefer it was decided by the receiver getting away with blocking downfield? Because that's the other option. You have to make that call, it's way too obvious.

For the pick play to work, the receiver has to at least pretend he's running a route. Then, "Whoops, what's this defensive back doing here? Oh, sorry sir, move right along. What's that? I seem to have impeded you, regarding your pursuit of that receiver? Terribly sorry once again. My mistake." You can't just straight up block the guy, hands on the chest and everything. The play call was fine, but the execution was poor. 

Still, fuck Jameis, Jimbo, and the legion of enablers. 

• Like 1

It was a penalty I suppose but I hate to see a classic game end that way. In fact, I'm not sure I can call it a classic just based on how it ended. I don't want officials deciding the winner.

Would you prefer it was decided by the receiver getting away with blocking downfield? Because that's the other option. You have to make that call, it's way too obvious.

In most cases, the less laundry, the better..  Like I said, I don't want to see a game end that way but what can you do. I suppose the ref did his job even though I felt ND would have scored on the play regardless.

I once again mention how gutted I was when ND hired Kelly the year before the Michigan job came open.

Man he is great. I knew it when he was here coaching CMU.

That said, I'm kinda glad I missed the game, because I've only once rooted for ND football in my entire life, and Winston might have made it twice.

Officials didn't decide the winner. Notre Dame running an illegal play and having two - not one but two - receivers blocking downfield illegally forced the referees to, you know, enforce the rules.

Besides, Notre Dame had already gotten away with the exact same illegal play in the first half. Jimbo alerted the refs and they kinda had to make the call.

Also, someone explain to me how Missouri gained about 120 yards of offense and won 42-13.

Okay, I looked up the stats, and holy shit a kick, a punt, a fumble, and an int?  Jesus Florida.

And someone forgot to tell Oklahoma State that they were a top 25 team playing in a marquee game today, didn't they?

Also, someone explain to me how Missouri gained about 120 yards of offense and won 42-13.

Okay, I looked up the stats, and holy shit a kick, a punt, a fumble, and an int?  Jesus Florida.

And someone forgot to tell Oklahoma State that they were a top 25 team playing in a marquee game today, didn't they?

ESPN had a ridiculous stat teams are like 140 something and 2 when they hold an opponent under 140 total yards both losses are by Will Muschamp while coaching Florida. The other lost was in 2011 to Florida St.