DVDVR Message Board

CHIKARA King of Trios 2014 - 9/19 to 9/21

nate

Who would steal gear? How much are u really gonna make off it?

My girl is 6.

Hallowe'en is on the horizon.

The answer is obvious: MILLIONS OF CANDY! MILLIONS OF CANDY!

So you stole his gear?

I would never.

(My kid, on the other hand ...)

• Like 1

Results?

In the spoiler.

Team UK beat the Bloc Party

Gekido beat the team of Knight Eye for the Pirate Guy & Kimber Lee

The Spirit Squad beat Kizarny & the Odditorium

The Flood beat Spectral Envoy when Deucalion came out and commanded Delirious to attack Ultramantis Black.

The Devastation Corporation beat Team Extravaganza

3 Peck 0 beat Dr. Cube and BDK.  After the match, Dr. Cube unmasked as Jakob Hammermeier and revealed he's taken control of the BDK with the Eye of Tyr.

The Golden Trio beat LAX.  Homicide fit in pretty well, seemed to be having a lot of fun.

The Greenhorn Militia (Kid Cyclone, Equinox III and Create-A-Wrestler II) came out and called out Deucalion, but he didn't show.  Hallowicked came out and took the three of them to the back.

The Colony beat The Colony: Extreme Force

Decent show, nothing amazing, but they consciously try to ramp things up and have the third show of the weekend be the best.

• Like 1

Night 2 results:

Shynron won the first Rey de Voladores semi-final.  Order of elimination was Chuck Taylor, Rich Swann, Tigre Uno.

3 Peck 0 beat Gekido.  Post-match, Jigsaw is berated by the Shard and attacks him; Quack comes out and tries to talk to Jigsaw, but Jigsaw says he doesn't need anyone and leaves.

Juan Francisco de Coronado beat Rockstar Spud

Greenhorn Militia challenge Deucalion again, he doesn't show again, Greenhorns say okay then, we'll attack Deucalion whenever he shows up, just like he attacks other people.

The Devastation Corporation beat Team UK

Sanada won the second Rey de Voladores semi-final.  Order of elimination was Orlando Christopher, AR Fox, Amasis.

The Golden Trio beat the Spirit Squad

Ashley Remington beat Yoshi Tatsu by DQ when Juan Francisco de Coronado interfered

The Flood beat the Colony when Deucalion showed up and commanded Soldier Ant to attack Worker Ant.

Long post-match angle - Greenhorn Militia attacks Deucalion, rips off his mask, it's not anyone we've ever seen before, but whoever the guy is, he's creepy-looking with black contact lenses.  Flood retakes control, and Deucalion ends up killing both Create-A-Wrestler II and Equinox III with the chokeslam backbreaker.  Kid Cyclone manages to escape.

The first and last matches of the night were especially good.

• Like 1

Okay... night 3:

The Golden Trio beat the Flood in the first semi-finals match

The Devastation Corporation beat 3 Peck 0 in the second semi-finals match

Mark Andrews beat Oliver Grimsley

The Tag Gauntlet match... let's see if I can remember all this...

Los Ice Creams beat Old Fashioned

N-R-G beat Los Ice Creams

Colony Extreme Force (Missile Assault Ant & Arctic Rescue Ant) beat N-R-G

The Batiri beat Colony Extreme Force

Osirian Portal beat the Batiri

Osirian Portal beat Team UK (Damian Dunne & Pete Dunne)

Osirian Portal beat the Bloc Party (Prakash Sabar & Proletariat Boar of Moldova)

Osirian Portal beat the Colony (Silver Ant & Worker Ant)

Oleg the Usurper & Jaka beat Osirian Portal to win the Tag Gauntlet.  I might have the order of some of the Osirian Portal wins mixed up.

The Submission Squad (Pierre Abernathy, Davey Vega, Gary Jay and Evan Gelistico) beat the Gentlemen's Club (Chuck Taylor, Drew Gulak, Orange Cassidy and the Swamp Monster)

Shynron beat Sanada to win Rey de Voladores

Devastation Corporation beat the Golden Trio to win King of Trios.

Post-match, the medals presentation degenerated into a huge brawl with the majority of the roster involved.  Eddie Kingston, Jimmy Jacobs and Icarus ended up in the ring with Icarus beaten down holding his title belt.  Jacobs told Icarus that he had two choices - he could either hand the title over to Kingston, or they could take it from him by force.  Icarus gave Kingston the title, and Jacobs gloated, telling Kingston that he had delivered him the Chikara title as promised.  But then, Icarus basically said that if Kingston doesn't win the title fairly, it becomes meaningless.  Kingston would be the king, but only the king of ashes.  Kingston thought about it, then returned the title to Icarus and attacked Jacobs, so he's a face again, but he told Icarus "Keep that belt warm" as he left.

What a douchey thing to do. Teddy Hart is one of those guys that, if he died tomorrow, I'd shrug & try to find some way to make peace with that. But in the sense that it would be hard for me not to jump up and down, guns firing in the air, screaming "whoo hoo!!!"