DVDVR Message Board

The "have they ever wrestled?" thread

Briefly, waaaaay back in 1999, shortly after Kurt's TV debut.  This was so long ago that Blackman was actually the better wrestler at the time.  (And hey, whatever happened to that guy?  He NEVER shows up on the reunion shows or podcast interviews or big indies or ANYWHERE...)  There was some kind of bullshit storyline where Stephanie was vaguely wondering if being a black belt made you equal to being an Olympic gold medalist (believe it or not, this is AFTER Russo left) and it led to a weeks-long Russo-esque partnership/feud.  Angle pinned Blackman in a forgettably mediocre match (Armageddon '99, iirc) and then went on to do better stuff with better opponents afterwards.  

simultaneously watching 1997 WCW and early PrideFC.

did Masahiro Chono and Nobuhiko Takada ever face off one-on-one? a quick Google search yielded no results, but i know they were both in NJPW together.

Along similar lines: did Andre's matches against Lawler, Harley, Dusty, Sullivan et al ever make tape? Did he ever go up against Bruiser Brody? Did he ever have a shot against Backlund, maybe in Japan? There's SO many dream matches there that either never happened or just never happened outside of house shows, when you think about Andre's travelling career.

Here's one that i just found last week - 

- Dusty vs. Andre in Japan in 1980.

Along similar lines: did Andre's matches against Lawler, Harley, Dusty, Sullivan et al ever make tape? Did he ever go up against Bruiser Brody? Did he ever have a shot against Backlund, maybe in Japan? There's SO many dream matches there that either never happened or just never happened outside of house shows, when you think about Andre's travelling career.

Here's one that i just found last week - 

- Dusty vs. Andre in Japan in 1980.

DUSTY DOING A FLYING HEAD SCISSORS???

3cd.gif

Did the British Bulldogs vs Dick Murdoch & Adrian Adonis ever happen during the short period when they were both in the WWF at the same time?

Sadly, no.

In researching that, though, I found a house show result with the Bulldogs beating Roddy Piper & The Spoiler.  Wild.

Briefly, waaaaay back in 1999, shortly after Kurt's TV debut.  This was so long ago that Blackman was actually the better wrestler at the time.  (And hey, whatever happened to that guy?  He NEVER shows up on the reunion shows or podcast interviews or big indies or ANYWHERE...)  

Last I heard, he was running some sort of MMA training school or something. 

Briefly, waaaaay back in 1999, shortly after Kurt's TV debut.  This was so long ago that Blackman was actually the better wrestler at the time.  (And hey, whatever happened to that guy?  He NEVER shows up on the reunion shows or podcast interviews or big indies or ANYWHERE...)  

He is a bail bondsman in my city and he does a lot of work with my office(Besides being an insurance agent, I'm a Notary Public also).  He still has an MMA school but he doesn't run it.  And he's still not a guy to be trifled with as he's still in fighting shape.