DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 6/12

To correct myself, Abyss actually got three opportunities, three weeks in a row, at the World Title before being added back to the roster.  I forgot that the Monster's Ball match was a title match.

I forgot to mention that TNA's TV ad for Sacrifice, which I assume aired nowhere but during TNA programming, is focused on MVP.  MVP didn't have a scheduled match and doesn't even appear on the show in any capacity.

Really, that's no worse than WWE advertising R-Truth on their posters and commercials for Hell in a Cell last year. 

Hell_in_a_Cell.jpg

I had never seen this before.  It's Truth playing preacher man and putting over the concept of HIAC.  He's not putting himself over so you don't get left with the idea that he's a featured player on the PPV itself.

I'd say this is a lot worse since MVP was a featured player on the TV and the shot of Magnus as World Champion along with the dialogue where MVP talks about his educated fists makes it look like they're advertising Magnus vs. MVP.  Later versions have Eric Young in place of Magnus so it looks like Young vs. MVP at Sacrifice.

Not that I think anyone bought Sacrifice...I could probably just leave it there.  It's not that I think anyone bought Sacrifice to see MVP but building your limited advertising around someone you know isn't going to be on the show isn't something a company with such low consumer confidence like TNA can get away with.

WWE is smart in their PPV posters as its art and in a lot of cases the poster has nothing to do with the featured players. TNA on the other hand believes that every poster MUST have the current champion with a photoshop belt.

Re: Truth poster

I always took it as Truth is dressed as a lawyer, coupled with the cell and his 'The Truth Will Set You Free!" stuff...seems like a perfect match.

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, who is watching this tonight? Or sat some point this week? It is supposed to be setting up TNA's 2nd/3rd biggest show of the year but it is also TNA.

Here's to hoping we get a random JTG run-in on Sunday during the cage match main event. But whose side is he on?!

Alright, who is watching this tonight? Or sat some point this week? It is supposed to be setting up TNA's 2nd/3rd biggest show of the year but it is also TNA.

Here's to hoping we get a random JTG run-in on Sunday during the cage match main event. But whose side is he on?!

He'll be on one side this week ... that side next week ... and be his own man by July.

Do you all realize that ROH probably got more buys for their last iPPV than TNA will get for Slamiversary? Who the hell is going to pay $50 to watch this crap? That's 5 months of the WWE Network.

Why did Lashley pin Eric Young clean? Why? Mind boggling booking on that one. I cannot believe a group of people sat down, wrote this, looked it over and said, this is worth putting on TV. If Slammiversary does a 1,000 buys I will be amazed. It is sad because there is talent on this roster. The show could be good, it should be if this is one of their bigger shows of the year.

Outside EC3/Spud there is nothing going on in TNA. I feel bad, I used to enjoy Samoa Joe, Austin Aries, Kenny King, etc. Now I am left hoping for a Team Canada reunion that will never happen.

Big Donnie is a more credible world champion than EY. Greatest thing is that they continue to use the same intro video from when he was a comedy guy.

Not much on this show. Liked the women's three way as they got a decent amount of time. Surprised they managed to end up with a nine match PPV card. Could be solid but probably not as good as the last two Slammiversary PPVs which were one of my favorite shows of their years. Wonder if MVP can't go if they'll switch Lashley in or maybe bring back Roode.

Speaking of Slamiversary - TNA finally got around to announcing that MVP was too crippled to work the show Sunday and that they will be "announcing a fair main event" soon

EDIT

John Gaburick ‏@JohnGaburick  7m

#Breaking 

@The305MVP suffered a torn meniscus during his last match. 

This morning, doctors deemed him unable to compete this Sunday!

John Gaburick ‏@JohnGaburick  5m

A fair replacement main event for #Slammiversary will be announced later today.   

More details ASAP at http://ImpactWrestling.com .

Something like Joe vs Young vs Aries might actually turn out to be a pretty decent match.

Sounds much better to me than a singles match with MVP. I've never been a fan of his and is one of the reasons I'm a few weeks behind with Impact.

No, not really. They play their theme through out their matches and so far haven't done much of any substance. Anywhere else it might be a entertaining lower card act but it's TNA so... Yeah. Crazy Steve is entertaining in a "What am I watching why?" way.

Young vs Lashley vs King is what they do, just watch.

Ooh but but but: Because MVP is injured & Dixie is a chick, they have representatives defending their share of the title. Dixie picks EC3. MVP picks the debuting JTG! After a few defenses TNA championship committee demands that MVP & Dixie defend against each other. After a near 10 min brawl, JTG swerves MVP by laying down for EC 3, thereby making EC3 the winner but Dixie Carter TNA Heavyweight Champion.

Time for implementation of angle: three weeks, max.

Lashley and King both win. During the title match they end up fighting each other. Which breaks up their new group already. That makes the most sense. This is by TNA standards keep in mind.