DVDVR Message Board

How are any of those things hard Right?

Stop trying to co-opt my politics, man!

It comes down to the fact that Republicans are not truly for small government. A small government guy is against drone strikes and the rest. Afterall, out current President has killed more people with drone strikes than any other.

But guys, I was just trying to needle FSW a bit.

The true Ron Paul Revolution Hard Right is has very similar foreign policy ideas to those of us on the hard left.

It's just the whole economic policy stuff that is completely different.

• Like 1

Guardians credit scene should be setting up Avengers 2, right? I'm still positive they'll make an appearance in the movie, even if it's for 15 minutes.

I'd be willing to bet the One-Shot for Cap 2 will be something with Bucky.

Maybe, although usually they don't tie into the same movie they come with (the SHIELD one on Avengers being the exception there.)  Thor got a plot hole closing tie-in to Incredible Hulk with a dash of Iron Man 2, Cap got a gap-filler between Iron Man 2 and Thor, Iron Man 3 got a follow up to First Avenger, Thor TDW got a follow-up to Iron Man 3...  Going by that, something related to Thor would be my first guess.

• Like 1

Maybe, although usually they don't tie into the same movie they come with (the SHIELD one on Avengers being the exception there.) Thor got a plot hole closing tie-in to Incredible Hulk with a dash of Iron Man 2, Cap got a gap-filler between Iron Man 2 and Thor, Iron Man 3 got a follow up to First Avenger, Thor TDW got a follow-up to Iron Man 3... Going by that, something related to Thor would be my first guess.

I agree with all this.

Usually the Marvel One-Shot provided isn't about the film it comes on.

Thor Marvel One-Shot was The Consultant (The Incredible Hulk related)

Captain America: The First Avenger Marvel One-Shot was A Funny Thing Happened on the way to Thor's Hammer (Thor related)

Avengers Assemble Marvel One-Shot was Item 47 and was about the film it came on, the only one so far.

Iron Man 3 Marvel One-Shot was Agent Carter (Captain America related)

Thor: The Dark World Marvel One-Shot was All Hail the King (Iron Man 3 related)

I'm guessing the Marvel One-Shot for Captain America: The Winter Soldier will have something to do with Thor: The Dark World. I'm thinking it will be about Darcy and Ian. My first choice is one on Sif, the Warriors Three or Heimdall.

Marvel Studios has moved the 2015 release of Joss Whedon's Avengers: Age Of Ultron to April 24 from its original May release in the UK and Ireland.

The UK and Eire tend to benefit from most big comic book flicks opening a little earlier; most recently both Captain America: The Winter Soldier and The Amazing Spider-Man 2 -- which still doesn't officially release until May 2. The Avengers sequel is still set for a May 1 release in the US.

Credit: comicbookmovie.com

A while ago when I had time on my hands, I went on IMDB to look at the Marvel Studios film release dates in the UK and the USA. Out of the nine Marvel Studios films so far, two came out on the same date (Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk), six in the UK before the USA (Iron Man 2, Thor, Avengers Assemble, Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World and Captain America: The Winter Soldier) and only one came out in the USA before the UK (Captain America: The First Avenger).

Even though the UK's had two Marvel Studios films out on the same day before the USA and six before, I'm pleasantly surprised and most happy we're getting Avengers: Age of Ultron before you. I always thought it would come out the same date. Tickets are going to be hard to get.

Opening outside the US first means an increased chance of loss of revenue due to piracy.  You'd think for something as big Avengers 2 they'd open it same worldwide.

In agreement.

New Captain America photo from Avengers: Age of Ultron...

bWnZ4K9.jpg

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s 17th episode called Turn, Turn, Turn was shown on UK TV last night (we’re two episodes behind the US) and it’s the one that ties into events from Captain America: The Winter Soldier. This was a great episode, the best of the series and acts as a great companion piece to the film. I’d be down having it as an extra on the Captain America: The Winter Soldier DVD release. I’m looking forward to seeing how things develop from this. I do think the second half of the series returning from its mid-season break is a lot better than the first half though I mostly enjoyed the show prior to it more than most here.

Bonus:

lRlTqgt.gif

Many fans assumed that Marvel's Netflix shows, consisting of Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Defenders shows, will take place during the MCU, while others weren't quite sure. Joe Quesada recently confirmed on the Fat Man On Batman podcast that they will. “There will be some interconnectivity, much like the movies,” revealed Quesada. “They will exist within the cinematic universe again, so this is all the same world as S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Avengers.” He also talked more about introducing street-level characters and elaborates on how unique the characters are and how they are different than the other characters in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. “Although these are superhero stories, this is different now. This is the street level…this is the street level noir side of the Marvel Universe. Something that you haven’t really, really seen in any of our Marvel movies,” said Quesada. “And probably more ground level, than I think you’ve seen. This is not like us doing Batman, Dark Knight or any of that stuff. This is very Marvel doing street level superheroes.” He also says that they are starting to finish off their scripts to get the series started soon, and talk about how emotional some of them are. “The scripts are coming in. They are pretty fantastic. They’re really emotional. They’re very, very original. But at the same time, it is Daredevil. It is Matt Murdock. We will eventually, hopefully start casting really, really soon, but I’m very, very excited about it.” With filming expected to start soon, we will all look out for some set photos in the future which should reveal the costumes in the series. Quesada reveals that we should expect to see the Daredevil series take place in Hell's Kitchen, which should hopefully excite many fans. “We’re shooting in New York. That’s the fantastic thing about it is that we’re shooting at home. We’re shooting where these characters belong,” said Quesada. “These stories take place in Hell’s Kitchen.” He described the Daredevil set briefly, saying that it "smells of dark alley, vomit, and piss." Which Netlfix series are you looking forward to the most? Sound off below!

Credit: comicbookmovie.com

Opening outside the US first means an increased chance of loss of revenue due to piracy.  You'd think for something as big Avengers 2 they'd open it same worldwide.

You figure anyone who cares enough to pirate Avengers 2 would want to see it in the theater.