DVDVR Message Board

Remake a movie!

Swift

I would do a remake of Innerspace where a guy gets shrunk down and accidentally injected into Kevin Spacey.

It'd be called Innerspacey.

"In Spacey, no one can hear you scream"

^^^ Alternate tagline: It's the snack...that eats YOU.

I actually wrote, for shits and giggles and to learn screenplay-writing software, a version of Peckinpah's BRING ME THE HEAD OF ALFREDO GARCIA, with the lead role flipped to a two-fisted female badass.  Think Katee Sackhoff, or Michelle Rodriguez.

Oh, tyhere are so many. However, "Highlander" is begging for a re-make/re-launch.

Get a younger Scottish actor (yes, a real Scot to play the Scot) for Conner, maybe Emun Elliot. Javier Bardem gets to be Connery's character because he's a handsome Spaniard with chops. Clive Owen or Mark Strong play the Kurgan because they both are capable of bringing the evil and it's my movie and I cast who I want. Then, we write the thing so a sequel or two actually make sense as opposed to the raging shit storm the original "trilogy" turned into.

As an aside, yes, the opening scene will still involve a sword fight in a parking garage during a wrestling show. The Shield will be featured in the wrestling footage because it's my fucking movie.

• Like 1

Man there's a few films that would be fun to do remakes of.

A modern take on The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue could be fun.

Or a remake of the Blind Dead movies.  Really from a US perspective remaking any fun Euro-B-Horror movie could be worthwhile.

And of course since it's been remade into everything else, Yojimbo as a martial arts film starring Tony Jaa.

Jaws from the point of view of the poor, victimized shark. Ideally, you'd also have some animal rights person show up and point out to the characters that while sharks only kill a handful of humans a year, humans kill literally thousands of sharks per month.

• Like 1

Matrix 2 and 3. Just completely ignore the original Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions. This all needs to happen before any of the core actors get too old. No giant rave/orgy scene. Also, incorporate some of the more interesting things from the Matrix MMO, like the truce between humans and machines where if any humans want to free themselves, they're allowed to do so.

And more with the Merovingian.

• Like 3

Jaws from the point of view of the poor, victimized shark. Ideally, you'd also have some animal rights person show up and point out to the characters that while sharks only kill a handful of humans a year, humans kill literally thousands of sharks per month.

And then the cast of Wicked Tuna show up and throw the activist overboard, who is promptly eaten by a shark.

A remake of 'Westworld' with better effects, more of a virtual reality bent with Arnold Schwarzenegger in the Yul Brynner role but as more of a Terminator-inspired persona.

I've also often thought an update of 'Heart of Darkness' (So sort of a remake of 'Apocalypse Now') in Iraq/Afghanistan could be staggeringly good, too.

Lastly, not a remake but a sequel, I really feel like we need one more Snake Plissken movie.  'Escape From Tokyo' with yakuza and ninjas, 'Escape From Afghanistan' with evil Talibanesque baddies, or even better 'Escape From Florida' with bath-salt zombies, insane local authorities and gun-toting rednecks.

• Like 1

Remake Heaven's Gate but make the penultimate scene the entire movie. Also, you can probably intersperse more Walken into the film. It would get a NC-17 rating but I totally don't give a shit. I just wanna see it.

Coming soon to Syfy...

Sharkespeare in Love.

It's like Shakespeare in Love, only with sharks.

I'm partial to Shakespeare in Maul ... but I won't go there, not my gimmick. But I will play it in my thoughts ...

:D!

I'd remake THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY with much of the same cast (Martin Freeman, Stephen Fry, Bill Nighy), but cast Steve Coogan as Zaphod and David Tennant as Ford. Then I'd get Edgar Wright to direct. But actually, this wouldn't be a remake, it would somehow be made instead of the original.