DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Besides the Murmur, I got two new Legendary fusion rifles. Throw me a bone, Bungie. Give me something else.

Just tried doing the weekly on 30 but one of our teammates wasn't really paying attention, and even legit fell asleep in the last room. It was brutal.

The Undying Mind strike is also really fun and puts the Nexus strike to shame. The last boss is a blast to fight.

I guess it depends on how you left your character

The DLC starts at a base Level of 24 so if you aren't close to that - you would need to level up first

Same with if you didn't have some legendary/exotic weapons

Oh thank you Jesus

You can store commendations to shuttle between characters. So after doing two bounties with my Warlock - I got a vanguard one and can give it to my Titan (since I can replace my Chest armor and at least hit 30 today)

I replaced all my legendary armor on my Warlock since I bought gauntlets and boots via my marks and then got a legendary helmet thanks to the package I got for the next Vanguard rank

I should get three commendations for eventually making New Monarchy 3 and I think they should be be Crucible commendations. 

If RNG isn't kind, I am going to invest in a Crucible Sniper Rifle and a Machine Gun at Rank 1 and 2.  When I get to NM Rank 3, I am going to get the Vanquisher auto-rifle.

Remember when I said that I was annoyed by only getting materials in my two ventures into the Vault?  Well, I was an idiot because I sure could use an influx of Ascendant Materials right now for my Hunter. 

Now that the cap for Weekly is 30, I guess I will try to get some armor upgrades for my alts so that I can get back to hoarding Shards and Energies by doing the Weekly three times.

Bungie dudes are getting clever.  Eris has a bounty where you have to get 50 Precision Kills on Hive while you have an active Black Wax Idol working.  A nice way to actually get you to use the 50 billion idols you had in storage, but it also comes with the caveat that Eris takes idols in as currency towards her vendor items.

I will hazard a guess that House of Devils will have a similar bounty when that DLC drops

There is also a bounty for killing three Blades of Crota knights on Earth and the Moon.  As if they already weren't the most hunted MoBs in the game..  I managed to gun down two this morning, so one to go when I get home from work.

Rippa and I smoked those three named Hive baddies. I guess we will take a crack at the strike tonight.  Coordinating your Crota's Bane bounties are a pain.  I would instinctually start gunning down Thralls charging at us while Rippa is screaming, "STOP SHOOTING~! i NEED TO HIT THOSE ASSHOLES WITH MY SUPER~!"

We will probably re-do a couple of the missions today for Dead Ghosts.  I still have to kill seven enemies rapidly with a melee and the best way is probably to do it with the Supercharge melee attack when you are holding a Sword of Crota, so I may do the soft pitch Sword of Crota regular story mission on the Moon to get that bounty done.

I have to buy the Urn of Sacrifice from Xur on Friday. Hopefully it doesn't cost more than ten Strange Coins.   If it is a choice between the dumb urn and paying to re-grind my gauntlets, that urn can wait a week.  If he asks for Motes of Light for the urn or the Exotic item upgrade, I should be coolio..

You don't start getting faction packages until you hit Rank 3

Damn.  That's right.  It has been a while since I was Rank 1 with anybody.   Oh, well.  I am halfway through Crucible Rank 7, so I guess I will keep pushing to NM Rank 3 and then hit the PvP and get Crucible Rank 8. 

Hopefully when I go over Crucible Rank 8, I will get a Secondary or a Heavy Weapon in my package in addition to the Commendation.  Either that or it would be swell if I got a SW or a HW from the Executor for making NM3.

I might drop the 7 guy kill bounties since the ones today are more manageable

I am going to run the easy version of the normal Sword of Crota story mission and see if I can mass murder the group of thralls that hit you right as you claim the sword.

If not, then I am definitely considering dropping that bounty.

I have a feeling that bounty was designed to be completed in one of the DLC story missions.

I've already killed 2 out of 3 of the Blades of Crota knights and I will go and clear out the Moon and earn my BWI headshots.

I don't see myself getting anything from Eris other than the Blade of Crota emblem and the Shards / Energy for any DLC weapons or armor that blunder into my hands..  I hate how her shaders look but I will buy one along with an emblem and a cloak because that should provide me with a faction bonus..

I played the Crota's End raid last night and damn was that shit hard.  We did find the first chest and got past the first area.  We had some issues on the gatekeeper section and getting everyone across the bridge.  It was a bitch but it was a lot of fun trying to figure out the mechanics together.  Holy hell though, those thralls in the beginning and the weight of darkness on you was too much.  What a pain in the ass. 

DLC day 1 loot haul:

Murmur

Badger CCL scout rifle

Time on Target pulse rifle

2 Radiant Shards

2 Radiant Energy

Willbreaker's Fists raid gauntlets

• Like 1

Even though I am over-leveled (21), I feel accomplished having soloed that Eye of the Gatelord mission. That thing is intense.  Thankfully, I was smart enough to try and find the gates in the distance so I could scope them out before charging in and dealing with Vex.

I have the Kill Dudes with a Rocket Launcher and Kill Dudes with your Super bounties for the Crucible.  I am actually looking forward to PvP tonight.  There will be plenty of exploding Guardians hurling their controllers at their televisions this evening.

I played the Crota's End raid last night and damn was that shit hard.  We did find the first chest and got past the first area.  We had some issues on the gatekeeper section and getting everyone across the bridge.  It was a bitch but it was a lot of fun trying to figure out the mechanics together.  Holy hell though, those thralls in the beginning and the weight of darkness on you was too much.  What a pain in the ass. 

DLC day 1 loot haul:

Murmur

Badger CCL scout rifle

Time on Target pulse rifle

2 Radiant Shards

2 Radiant Energy

Willbreaker's Fists raid gauntlets

Good on ya! 

We encountered the Burden of Darkness during one of the story missions.  That shit was not fun.  My move speed slowed down to a crawl.  I killed the fucking boss with a panic incendiary throwing knife.

We tried doing the Nightfall last night and it basically ate our lunch. That shit was harder than VoG on hard mode.

Rippa and I almost got our asses beat two-manning a story mission on Level 24.  Shit is deceptively hard.

Haha. You just have to take it slow and pretty much always stay back to shoot from a distance. Some of those thralls might slip in and get you when you least expect it. Preferably, you'll need one maxed out arc damage gun and one maxed out solar gun. The arc for Omnigul and the solar for her wizards.

Might be a good idea to have someone stay all the way back in the last room, so if two of you die, he/she can save the day. Not necessary if you're all as careful and quick as you can be. But there's always a weak link in a team. In my case, it was the person who was literally falling asleep.

Granted, I can't imagine trying this nightfall if there aren't at least two 30's in your team.

Well too be fair - JT and I had zero clue what to expect

So the first story mission it was all OOOOHHHH GREEN STUFF!!!

Immediately followed by HOLY SHIT!!! STAY AWAY FROM THE GREEN STUFF!!!!!

The third and final story mission was actually our smoothest as we were ready for all the new tricks

My two buddies and me were all one-hit killed by that first captain in the Nightfall. Were tried that shit two more times and it was the same result each time. They were both 30s and I'm on the higher end of 29.

This shit is going to take some work.

Did you all stay in the little room to try and take the Captain down? (If I'm thinking of the right room). We stayed in that room by the steps to snipe the captain down + have enough distance to take down the thralls whenever they'd come for us. It was basically shoot a few rounds, hide, shoot a few rounds, hide and repeat for us.

We did. It's just going to take some time. We were used to blowing through previous Nightfalls and this one is actually challenging. My problem too was that, beyond the Murmur, I have no weapons that do Arc damage I think. Everything does Void or Solar damage.

Well too be fair - JT and I had zero clue what to expect

So the first story mission it was all OOOOHHHH GREEN STUFF!!!

Immediately followed by HOLY SHIT!!! STAY AWAY FROM THE GREEN STUFF!!!!!

The third and final story mission was actually our smoothest as we were ready for all the new tricks

We had our shit together on the third story mission.  The only issue was my muscle memory kicking in and causing me to kill thralls with the swiftness while Rippa was trying to earn his bounty by killing seven enemies at one time with his Fist of Havoc.

I couldn't help it.  My trigger finger was on high alert.

I hope the new short Crucble map from the new DLC is set for Skirmish or Salvage at some point.  I will claw my eyes out if it stays on Rumble.  I never win Rumble matches.

Rippa now picks on me because I take five or six Control matches to get the bounty for ten captures.

I am not sure why, but I suddenly care about winning and we've been in two or three matches where our team has pissed away a lead because they insisted on capturing the third flag and threw themselves into enemy bullets. 

I was one kill away from a Reign of Terror last night in a Control match on Blind Watch and got shut down when I had to reload.  I put together a Merciless just as time ran out, but it wasn't the Nail In The Coffin.

We did. It's just going to take some time. We were used to blowing through previous Nightfalls and this one is actually challenging. My problem too was that, beyond the Murmur, I have no weapons that do Arc damage I think. Everything does Void or Solar damage.

Yeah that's critical.  Using Patience and Time, I think that captain was like four shots and he was down. 

I guess it depends on how you left your character

The DLC starts at a base Level of 24 so if you aren't close to that - you would need to level up first

Same with if you didn't have some legendary/exotic weapons

I have two characters both at 28 with multiple legendaries and exotics to switch between them, so I should be good.

I mostly just got bored of the grind, to be honest.