DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Got Rank 3 in the tourney.  Bought my Iron Banner boots and got the IB Machine Gun as a winners prize. 

This is what happens when everyone in your squad is from the same six-man fireteam.

Mis got two fucking Timur's Lash Hand Cannons.  I will probably play more Banner tomorrow in the hopes of getting the Hand Cannon for myself..  If the same guys we had today show up tomorrow, we should do just fine.

• Like 2

Hit rank 4 this morning and bought the gauntlets I needed. So once I level them up I will be level 30. Would be nice if I could get the raid helmet or the helm of saint 14 so I didn't have to wear this helm of inmost light to be 30.

Also got Jolders Hammer (void) so once I get a few more crucible rep I will hit crucible rank 3 and probably buy the Zombie Apocalypse because while I have rockets for days, this is the first legendary machine gun I've had.

I do plan on going to rank 5 of iron banner and at least buying that shader.

Also the tempered buff is 100% today. Add 10% for the emblem and 10% for the shader if you have those. Also can add 10% for the class item if you're rank 4 as well. I'm guessing tomorrow will be 125% for the buff but who knows. If you lose 2 out of 3 matches it would take about 21 games to go from rank 4 to 5.

• Like 3

Congrats, dude.

The gold shader is my favorite one so far. Looks great with the winged warlock helmet.

I said I'd stop IB once hitting rank 5, but now I'm just tempted to play it some more in hopes to get that cool ship, as pointless as that is.

Yeah people are calling it the magic school bus lol. Would be cool to get it, it's pretty rare.

• Like 1

I love the Million Million shader but I hate the other one. 

I get the Nail In The Coffin for the win and Rippa gets the School Bus.  I am a helper.

The Ascendant Materiels situation is getting sick.  I need six shards to get my boots up but I need a record 30 energies to ascend my remaining weapons: Invisible Hand M7 and Jolder's Hammer.  Those are the Void Damage weapons I will be wrecking shop with in the Crucible once the Thorn EWB rolls around for me.

The Last Word and Patience & Time are finally 300.

• Like 1

Thank goodness for the "lower" lever Daily Story Missions (yesterday being Last Array, today being Sword of Crota)

It's allowing me to get the Shards quicker than normal.

Plus I bought and broke down a shit down of gear with my marks.

The struggle is kinda sorta real

Thank goodness for the "lower" lever Daily Story Missions (yesterday being Last Array, today being Sword of Crota)

It's allowing me to get the Shards quicker than normal.

Plus I bought and broke down a shit down of gear with my marks.

The struggle is kinda sorta real

If you don't mind, I'd like to run the Daily Story mission with my main and both of my alts.  If I can get at least four shards out of it, at least that will fully upgrade my +30 Light boots.

Today is the last day of the Banner tournament.  Since I am halfway to Rank 4, I'd like to make a run at it tonight, if only for the hope of getting my hands on Timur's Lash while pushing ahead.

I don't plan on getting the IB gauntlets because I've already got Exotic ones and I'm not spending Glimmer on a Legendary Fusion Rifle I know I am not going to use that much, but should I make it to Rank 4 without smashing my controller or staying up until two in the morning, buying the Class item for the next time this event rolls around seems like a wise investment.

Wearing the cloak, emblem, and shader will improve my IB rankings the next time this deal runs around, especially since IB rank will be reset to zero..

I don't plan on getting the IB gauntlets because I've already got Exotic ones

If you don't have raid gauntlets you should grab the IB ones just in case.  It's just glimmer.  Sometimes RNG is a bitch and the raid doesn't give you what you need.  So with an exotic helmet you can be level 30 without playing the raid on hard mode.  And you can't wear two exotics.  The only way you could wear exotic gauntlets and be level 30 would be if you had the raid helmet which you can only get at the Atheon fight in hard mode. 

• Like 1

I don't plan on getting the IB gauntlets because I've already got Exotic ones

If you don't have raid gauntlets you should grab the IB ones just in case.  It's just glimmer.  Sometimes RNG is a bitch and the raid doesn't give you what you need.  So with an exotic helmet you can be level 30 without playing the raid on hard mode.  And you can't wear two exotics.  The only way you could wear exotic gauntlets and be level 30 would be if you had the raid helmet which you can only get at the Atheon fight in hard mode. 

I have sorta grown fond of being a Gunslinger having worn the Spine for so long. The IB gaunts look awesome but I don't use Auto-Rifles or Scout Rifles enough with my Hunter main to really get any value added from wearing them.  I'd rather take my chances getting a chestpiece and a helmet from the VoG.

As far as Hunter / Gunslinger Exotic helmets go, I hate the Symbiote.  Not only is it ugly looking, the perks are kinda retarded. 

Fastball and Ashes to Assets kinda blow because the only grenade that Gunslingers get that isn't totally worthless is the Tripmine Grenade and I'd rather use the Gaunts with Tripmine because of the duration increase.

I have gotten quite a few Double Down medals (sometimes unfortunately with a Postmortem medal) in the IB because I throw my grenade at the base of the flag right after our team captures it.  The grenade stays there for a while and enemy players rushing in for a Capture don't notice it until it is too late.

Players rave on the extra GG shot that the Symbiote gives you but that comes with the same charge rate that I normally get.  The fourth shot does me no good in PvP if the timer is the same.  If the helmet offered me three GG shots with a slighly slower timer, I'd buy it tomorrow.

Knucklehead Radar would be more practical for me as a Gunslinger since my motion tracker would stay active while I am using precision aim with my primary.  I could transition in and out of hip fire with Last Word and still have some Danger Sense.

I suppose I could go back to being a Bladesinger and get the Mask of the Third Man (hands down the best Bladesinger Exotic item), but there are too many Hunters going that route already.

Oh you could just not care about getting to Level 30 - like me

I care about getting to Level 30, but not at the expense of El Santo Muerte Blanco thing I've got going on with my face paint, the Exotic gaunts, the Dustwalker cloak, and the new Chatterwhite shader.  

The wolf symbols of the shoulder pads of the IB gaunts would fuck that up..

Yes, ultimately MMO's are more about looking cool that leveling your toon.

Yes, i know am stupid and have OCD.  Yes, I know I have become a hypocrite for making fun of a player for doing the exact thing I am doing now.

Looking through that weekly update - it appears they admitted they nerfed Thorn too much and are going to fix that (for those that use Thorn)

Also - it was a little unclear they way they wrote it but it appears that they are going to change up what Exotics you can get in the game (maybe through bounties, maybe through drops).

They were really unclear in that paragraph beyond being "more exotics are coming off the workbench before the expansion pass"

Looking through that weekly update - it appears they admitted they nerfed Thorn too much and are going to fix that (for those that use Thorn)

Also - it was a little unclear they way they wrote it but it appears that they are going to change up what Exotics you can get in the game (maybe through bounties, maybe through drops).

They were really unclear in that paragraph beyond being "more exotics are coming off the workbench before the expansion pass"

They are probably going to do some sort of database patch where Dark Below exotics stay locked unless you have the DLC.  Xur won't sell them and you won't mysteriously get them as VoG drops.

EQ had issues where high end loot from expansion sets were dropping in the endgame raids of the normal game.  One of the perils of having an RNG loot system.  You want to be fair to all players, but you also want to reward the people that spent money on extra content.

I wouldn't be surprised that one of the reasons that Iron Banner was delayed was so that they could fix the lexicon database to prevent Iron Banner items from dropping during normal Crucible matches, VoG raids, or from Exotic Engrams.

Made it to level 4 on Iron Banner...then realized I didn't have enough glimmer for the gauntlets...damn!

This is my quandary right now

I probably could get to Level 4 tonight - but I dont know if I would get enough glimmer to by the gauntlets

We shall see

• Like 1

There's a few places to farm glimmer. Pretty much anywhere there are multiple "yellow" named enemies. Pop a glimmer buff for their type (black wax idol etc) and just continually kill them and wait for a respawn. There's a good spot on Venus patrol with yellow minotaurs and also the mars mission exclusion zone there's an area where you can kill everyone but one enemy, die, and keep doing it all over again. Multiple yellow .

Yeah, the Exclusion Zone mission on level 26 or 28 is a good way to farm glimmer, by just fighting the yellow Legions (they're the second wave of enemies at the start of the mission), then letting the Solar shielded Cabal dude kill you with rockets, and repeat. With the buff, you'll get 10k+ glimmer in no time.

I'm at a spot right now where I know I probably won't be able to get to level 3 Iron Banner by the time it ends, but I'm close enough that I at least have to try.  I fully expect this to end in heartbreak and 100 or so marks short.

Does wearing the sash give you more Iron Banner rep?

This is my quandary right now

I probably could get to Level 4 tonight - but I dont know if I would get enough glimmer to by the gauntlets

We shall see

Luckily I was able to manage it.  

First story mission on mars.  After ghost unlocks the doors, fight off the first two waves of Cabal.  Focus on the ones with with the yellow health meters.  Enable the resupply codes to max out glimmer from your kills.  Try to leave two shielded Cabal alive and let them kill you.  Wash, rinse, repeat.  You will get thousands of glimmer in no time.  Did that for about 10 minutes and I got my Iron Banner gauntlets.