DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Well I have been learning from JT

Plus it's not that hard. If it looks shiny and fancy (or unusual like my guantlets that look like tech armor) it's a good bet it's legendary or exotic

JT fucking knows the name of stuff just by sight

I was able to get a ton done today.  Went to Venus to farm spirit bloom and upgraded my chest piece twice, gold tiered a public event and then headed back to the tower to turn in some engrams and grab my package.  Ended up getting a rare engram and a legendary engram from the package and the legendary engram decrypted into a legendary scout rifle.  Extremely rare for that to happen for me.  So I went to Mars and farmed some relic iron and upgraded my exotic helmet twice and randomly got a legendary weapon engram from a Cabal I killed.  Went back to the tower to see what it was and it ended up being 2 ascendant energy which turned out to be awesome because I was able to upgrade my Suros Regime to within one level of being maxed out.  Ended the day being within 100pts of leveling up my FWC faction rep to level 2 so tomorrow I'll be able to buy the boots I've been after from them and get back to leveling up my Vanguard rep. 

I'm still slacking on my weapons.  I haven't been able to buy any legendary weapons that I want yet and mainly rely on the exotic Suros.  I finally got a rare fusion rifle the other day and it's the only one I have but I really need a rare fusion rifle for every element to help take down shields in these difficult weekly's and whatnot.  The other fusion rifles I have are just uncommon ones. 

• Like 1

Got my Warlock to level 20. Ran around the Crucible for a bit and set a personal best for kills (14) in one game. Still have an overall kill/death ratio of under .5, but now that I'm at 20 hopefully I can start picking up enough marks and stuff to improve on that.

I love reading about the crazy adventures you guys get in.

Today I sucked at Crucible. My skirmish team of 3 got dismantled by a team of 2, but moving over to the Iron Banner has made the morning session a little more tolerable. Are all IB matches control?

Gonzo, a less skilled Crucible player such as myself still earns gear, rep and marks just like everyone else. Coming in the bottom half of virtually every game I have played I still have earned the trophies for killing 100 Warlocks and Hunters. The main thing is to not give up.

• Like 1

I don't know what the fuck was going on with the Crucible last night. I just played Control matches because of the bonuses for it, but everything was fucked. I think I played 8 or 9 matches total, but was on the winning team one fucking time. Even weirder is that for 5 or 6 of those matches, I dominated. I came in first in points and kills each of those matches, yet somehow the rest of my team suuuuuuuuuuuuuucked. I'm not the best at the Crucible or anything, but I'm pretty damn good at it. Not good enough to carry a team apparently. I mean, if I'm coming in first in all of those matches, my team should be routing the opposing side. When I would get to the end though, my teammates would have 2 kills, 3 kills, 1 kill, etc. and I'm wondering what the fuck they were even doing. It was so goddamn lopsided and I have no idea how I kept getting paired with suck ass players. I kept having to leave the match once it finished to find new people to play with. Things finally got better, but I still only won the one game, which is fine! I'd much rather lose competitively than get housed over and over again because my teammates are doing fuck all. The whole thing was fucked.

On the bright side, doing so well really powered me towards my second rank with the Crucible. I think I can wrap that up today. 

• Like 1

I'm terrible at Crucible and PVP in general; however, I jumped from Clash back to Control and I really had some strong performances. I had my best K/D performance maybe ever in an online deathmatch environment (1.57). It felt really good to find that zone. I even had my first ever five kill streak.

I hate that I am not a fan of many of the bounties especially on the Crucible side. I claimed 3 last night and jumped all the way up to level 14. I think I'll get to maybe around 17ish over the weekend.

The easiest Crucible bounties are the ones just for participation. Since it doesn't matter what your performance is - just that you make it to the end.

After that - probably the one for 50 assists. Because as long as you are shooting folks - hopefully someone is killing them. So if someone kills you, as long as you have done some damage and you have teammates nearby (or maybe get your grenade off). You can get credit.

Obviously the one for winning matches is pure luck but in theory - you should be dragged to victory 3 times.

Killing folks with your super is not a bad one. It is just a grind if you are a lower level/new to crucible. You will almost always get at least one super a game (though you usual can get at least 2 - more if you kill folks or look for your teammates orbs). Just make sure you kill someone with said super.

• Like 1

I wasn't on last night for very long, just long enough to finish the Daily and Weekly at 28 with Josh (with a special guest appearance by JT during the final boss battle of the weekly). 

I nearly had the archon priest killed with sniper rounds to the head before dying about eleventy billion times in a row.  I had JT join in on us to help clear out the riff raff because I'd shown Josh the tactically advantageous spot to take up and really didn't want him to take the chance on popping out to revive me.  I put another magazine worth of my sniper rifle into the Priest's face before he one-shotted me and JT went all or nothing and hit his super on that big fucker. 

Me: "No no no no no!!!  Fuck yeah, that was fucking spectacular!"

One of the cooler moments I've witnessed in the game JT, kudos.

The easiest Crucible bounties are the ones just for participation. Since it doesn't matter what your performance is - just that you make it to the end.

After that - probably the one for 50 assists. Because as long as you are shooting folks - hopefully someone is killing them. So if someone kills you, as long as you have done some damage and you have teammates nearby (or maybe get your grenade off). You can get credit.

Obviously the one for winning matches is pure luck but in theory - you should be dragged to victory 3 times.

Killing folks with your super is not a bad one. It is just a grind if you are a lower level/new to crucible. You will almost always get at least one super a game (though you usual can get at least 2 - more if you kill folks or look for your teammates orbs). Just make sure you kill someone with said super.

Yeah, the ones that I have done so far are the 3 victories, participate in 5 control matches, and kill 25 Warlocks.

The ones that are appearing in my queue at the moment aren't as enticing. Although, I'm noticing that bounties I have already completed are popping back up. For example, the 200 IMPACT shards on the moon I had completed this week, and he's asking for it again. I also oddly am not getting the option for six patrol missions on the moon. It's asking for Venus, which I have yet to unlock.

When I get my Super, I go in mind to take out the first person I see; however, I hope I can get 2-3 guys bunched together. Sometimes that does backfire. I had one guy standing in front of me, and I chucked it at him through a narrow corridor. The super hit the entrance way before breaking through the door. Total facepalm moment.

Yeah - bounties recycle. It's at least once a week but sometimes they show up sooner than that.

It is easier to cluster kills on Control matches obviously because if everyone is huddled around a zone it makes them sitting ducks.

I have seen many a Nova bomb take out 3 or 4 guys at a time

• Like 2

I'm not sure what it was, but I'm almost positive that my Level 19 Warlock (before I hit 20) got one-shot killed at least once by a guy who was at level 7.

If that's true, I'm not sure why that would be allowed to happen, because that seems a bit ridiculous. I get that level advantages are disabled, but still. . .damn.

I'm not sure what it was, but I'm almost positive that my Level 19 Warlock (before I hit 20) got one-shot killed at least once by a guy who was at level 7.

If that's true, I'm not sure why that would be allowed to happen, because that seems a bit ridiculous. I get that level advantages are disabled, but still. . .damn.

Head shot with a sniper, maybe?

• Like 1

Yeah - bounties recycle. It's at least once a week but sometimes they show up sooner than that.

It is easier to cluster kills on Control matches obviously because if everyone is huddled around a zone it makes them sitting ducks.

I have seen many a Nova bomb take out 3 or 4 guys at a time

I have blade danced 5/6 of a team, actually one of the last times I played pvp.   The other team played like complete assholes and began moving all together from the usual 2-3 per squad.  I crouched>invisible and hit my super before going in and there were 5 guys  on the control point capping it.  Tent-pitching enjoyment ensued.

Craig H, on 09 Oct 2014 - 09:28 AM, said:snapback.png

Another weird thing and maybe I missed something, but I completed three Public Events yesterday, hitting gold tier on all of them, and I got nothing to show for it.

I've completed a bunch as well without receiving any ascendant materials from it.  Usually get something at the postmaster for the first one of the day though, after that its random if it drops anything.

Chaos, on 09 Oct 2014 - 09:49 AM, said:snapback.png

Gonzo, on 09 Oct 2014 - 09:47 AM, said:snapback.png

Head shot with a sniper, maybe?

That would do it, or a fusion rifle.  Hand cannon head shot would work also.

*Edit*consolidated

Edited by misanthrope304

Don't worry, I was consistently hitting 4000+ last night and received dick.

I'm still considering getting this for the 360 just to play with JT, Rippa, mis and others. I would do it RIGHT NOW if your characters could transfer over. I'm not asking for cross play, I just want to continue working on the character I already started on the PS4. Shit, if I can transfer my GTA 5 dude from my 360 to the PS4 version, I should be able to do the same with this, except, you know, there's technological hurdles and shit.

I've ran out of likes Craig, I totally agree.  If I could transfer over to a ps4, I'd probably go that route eventually.  As it is now, it'll probably be like Destiny 2 or something, since I already have paid for the expansions on the xbox side.

We should start a campaign to have Bungie do this, since Rockstar is.

I'm like...maybe 3 shards away from being level 29, and honestly I could break down gear I already have to get that..but I won't because I'm working towards leveling armor that better suits my guns/playstyle before I dive deep into crucible, which is why my crucible play has been limited.

Edited by misanthrope304

I'm still considering getting this for the 360 just to play with JT, Rippa, mis and others. I would do it RIGHT NOW if your characters could transfer over. I'm not asking for cross play, I just want to continue working on the character I already started on the PS4. Shit, if I can transfer my GTA 5 dude from my 360 to the PS4 version, I should be able to do the same with this, except, you know, there's technological hurdles and shit.

I've thought about Redboxing it for a few days just to play with that group.

• Like 1

does gamefly still exist?

So annoyed.

I spent 20 minutes farming in the steppes waiting for a walker and having 2 or 3 other guys milling about taking kills.

So, when the walker finally comes, no one there but me,

So i only got a silver. :(

On the bright side., i found a dead ghost. In the steppes.

• Like 1

does gamefly still exist?

It does. I also just realized that when I bought the PS4, I bought MLB The Show AND Battlefield, but I never played Battlefield. Stupid me though, I took the game out of it's shrinkwrap. 

I may be insane enough to trade it in for Destiny.

• Like 1