DVDVR Message Board

Phillip Seymour Hoffman dead...

Just Dave

But why show sympathy for a fellow poster when being an asshole is so much easier?

You realize expecting those two to *not* be assholes is like expecting water not to be wet.

Despite my outwardly cynic nature, I try to see the good in people, to see where they can be kind towards one another.

I'm terribly near-sighted, BTW.

I invite those razzing Jingus to sip latte grande sized cups of shut the hell up.

And in return I remind you it's the god damned internet. Relax.

Everyone wants to police JT today for all of the wrong reasons.

Just wanted to add that he was one of my all-time favorite actors. He was so good in just about everything, even when playing a very silly character. I forget the movie, but he played the buddy of...Ben Stiller?...in some movie and I just remember him having to act like he sharted his pants and walking off like he did actually shart himself. Just wanted to add some levity to the conversation.

The timing is a tad eerie too because the day or two prior I was saying that I thought he could have pulled off an excellent Lex Luthor.

RIP

(By the way, one of my favorite performances from him was playing the villain in MI:3. "Who are you? What's you're name? Do you have a wife? A girlfriend? Because if you do, I'm gonna find her. I'm gonna hurt her. I'm gonna make her bleed, and cry, and call out your name. And then I'm gonna find you,and kill you right in front of her.")

was that a typo on your part?

nope, that's what it said on the screen.

Joel McHale has a segment pretty much every week on The Soup dedicated to Good Day NY's fuck ups.

Its the legit version of SNL's "Fox and Friends" list of corrections gag.