DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact 1-16-14 - Genesis of McGullicutty

Sting to WWE, come on Sting, do it! Dodging any spoilers, I assume Magnus-Sting is next week? They never made it clear. Wow, glad this was a Free Per View because it was pretty painful. Odd cut aways and a noxious amount of Dixie. At least Samoa Joe won a match for a change?

So did the "New Investor" sign on The American Wolves contract as "the New Investor"? Because otherwise why did Dixie not read his/her name out loud?

Yeah - I mentioned this last night but someone really needs to tell Velvet that she can't wear heels during those segments because she was taller than both Aries and Sabin.

Maybe she wasn't wearing heels. I wasn't checking out her feet, though. (I'm no Snitsky.)

I cleared out my backlog of five Impacts, only fast-forwarding through video packages, over the past couple of nights so I could possibly watch the TNA in-ring debut of the American Wolves and it was just a backstage segment.

That twelve-man would have been so much better if ODB and Lei'd Tapa were allowed to do some give-and-take fighting with the men.

I have not read spoilers, but that Kurt Angle promo was trying so hard that it felt like a swerve was coming and he was going to interfere in the main event on Dixie's behalf.

Magnus and Rockstar Spud can be like the updated TNA version of Lord Steven and Sir William.

There is a theoretical money angle of Magnus being a paper champion and slowly earning respect, then when he is a champion who can stand on his own two feet and the crowd is starting to cheer him, Dixie turns on him to give the title to EC3. I think Magnus as a shot at growing in that role, but I am skeptical of EC3. Even if EC3's wrestling could stand up to the angle, I can't help but fixate on his nose whenever he is on the screen.

Last week while Kurt posed for a picture with inner city children Al Snow rolled up and said "Kurt there is an emergency, you have to come with me!". Kurt then jumped in and they drove off. This was how they got rid of Angle for their cluster main event last week.

I watched the show last night. I turned it off after the big brawl when the new champ got taken out by fat Penn Gillette and the focus of the whole thing was the 50+ year-old WCW guy and the WWE castoff.

50 year old WCW guy is still better than Magnus will ever be. Sting is the only thing worth saving in TNA.

I watched the show last night. I turned it off after the big brawl when the new champ got taken out by fat Penn Gillette and the focus of the whole thing was the 50+ year-old WCW guy and the WWE castoff.

50 year old WCW guy is still better than Magnus will ever be. Sting is the only thing worth saving in TNA.

nottazzoraj.jpg

Are you under the impression that Penn Jillette is NOT fat?

• Like 1

In all seriousness, who would be worth grabbing from a WWE point of view?

I think Sting would be the only guy that could be certain of getting any kind of deal.

Angle, Bully, Styles, Roode, Joe etc would all have to hope Vince and Hunter were being generous that day OR they would have to get on the front foot and be willing to start from the bottom on minimum deals like Punk, Cesaro and Bryan.

It's amazing to think that putting TNA on your resume could get you less money now.

Kurt Angle is 45 (seriously, wow) Bully Ray is 42 (okay, would have thought he was older than Kurt) AJ's 36, Roode's 37 and Joe is 34.

I think only Joe can realistically start at the very bottom. If you put Roode or AJ in at NXT level for a bit, by the time they get out and get their teeth into anything serious, they'll be pushed out and replaced by the next group of NXTer's.

I'm perversely interested in how Angle would look in a WWE ring, since he physically is a lot different than he was in 2006. I'd like to see Angle vs Punk at some stage, but I don't think Angle will leave as long as TNA is still in existence. 

Angle fucking sucked as SD GM a decade ago. Roode I could see them picking up for NXT since he's really good mechanically - he's someone you'd put against Reigns on a house show loop and see what happens three months later. He'd be fine with an Axel-level push, and is far better in every way than Axel so he'd have further to go up. Joe...no point. He's coasting on fumes, works in a shirt, and should just retire to become a WWE talking head for another Punk documentary or something. Match-wise, he's never been same since that BFG one with Sting here he dove off the balcony onto steps. Maybe he'd work as a manager. Bully could easily get back into WWE given how much leaner he is and how much better he is in every way. You can transplant his basic heel act (not the new shit) into WWE right now and at least get an upper mid-card feud going or TV main event with Cena. Angle - HOF, retirement match at WM. Easy peasy. If he can't pass a physical, and they wisely don't want to risk fucking him up anymore than he already is, then just induct him and maybe have him do an Angle slam on Old School Raw or some shit.

They key is to make Angle more goofy and less serious. I'd rather just stick him in comedic backstage sketches and keep him away from doing anything that suggests he would kick anyone's ass if he was cleared to wrestle.

With Roode, if I were WWE bringing him in, I'd probably try to reunite him with James Storm as a tag team and look for a good situation to bring them in as part of a stable backing up a singles wrestler who I want to build up.

Holy shit I can't believe Roode is that old. I've always thought of him as one of TNA's younger wrestlers. I like the idea of having him as the typical "solid hand" we hear so much about, maybe in a reunited team with Storm.

I could see WWE having an interest in Magnus; he's young, can work, can talk, and he has a good look with loads of potential. Sting is obviously a given. Other than that I don't really see any guys on the TNA roster WWE would want, Bubba is hated and old, Angle is insane and old (but they'd still probably take him even if they don't necessarily want him), and AJ doesn't do or bring anything to table they don't already have.