DVDVR Message Board

Non NHL Omnibus thread

odessasteps

He is a criminal, a drug user, and a bigot though.

Not that any of those three things disqualify someone from being involved with a sports hall of fame, mind you.

Don't you have to, at minimum, be two out of three of those things to be a member?

• Like 1

Jose Canseco @JoseCanseco  ·  Nov 13

Galactic Beings have used comets as star taxis for eons

What can I say? I could say something,but nothing IS something;nothing isn't nothing,if I say it;it's something.No things are nothing things

I'm waiting for a hockey person to get on this level. Maybe Rob Ford is our man after all?

Jose Canseco @JoseCanseco  ·  Nov 13

Galactic Beings have used comets as star taxis for eons

cJrCED_t_normal.jpegJim Irsay @JimIrsay  ·  Oct 10

What can I say? I could say something,but nothing IS something;nothing isn't nothing,if I say it;it's something.No things are nothing things

I'm waiting for a hockey person to get on this level. Maybe Rob Ford is our man after all?

Bryz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So yeah I've only caught part of this Sweden/Czech Republic game at the World Championship, like half the third period, but this is a crazy game. Tied 5-5 after regulation. And the crowd is pretty nuts too since the Czechs are the hosts, wish I'd seen the whole thing now.

If one of you could hook me up with one of the plush versions of that rabbit mascot it would be greatly appreciated. I'd also ask for a vinyl of the penalty song but at that point I'd be getting greedy :-)

• 2 weeks later...

The Manchester Monarchs win the Calder Cup on their way to sunny California, taking the series 4-1 over Utica. First lame-duck AHL champion since the Buffalo Bisons in 1970 by my math.

The Manchester Monarchs win the Calder Cup on their way to sunny California, taking the series 4-1 over Utica. First lame-duck AHL champion since the Buffalo Bisons in 1970 by my math.

That's a weird story. I understand why the Kings would want their AHL affiliate to play in California, but surprised that they didn't let Manchester try and catch on as someone else's AHL affiliate.

They are moving to Ontario, California and the ECHL's Ontario Reign are moving to Manchester. With Elmira, Manchester, Reading and Glens Falls all in the E, I really wish someone with money would refurbish the Danbury Ice Arena so it could have the 4,000+ capacity needed for entry into the league. Danbury Trashers v2.0 would be the greatest thing ever, and hey Jimmy Galante is a free man so who knows? 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...