DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023 - WEEK EIGHTEEN

RIPPA

Yesterday Jack Squirek passed away.   While not a top linebacker in Raiders history or even the 80s , he is part of one of the biggest plays in SB history.  Washington fans still get football PTSD over it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Jets have placed Zach Wilson on IR since he won't clear concussion protocol in time for today's game (this gives them some roster flexibility)

Trevor Siemian will start at QB

3 hours ago, hammerva said:

Yesterday Jack Squirek passed away.   While not a top linebacker in Raiders history or even the 80s , he is part of one of the biggest plays in SB history.  Washington fans still get football PTSD over it

See previous page 😀

Didn't know Ryan Tannehill was starting today but hey just keep dinking and dunking to a TD 

Apparently Mother Nature wanted to celebrate Bill Bellichek's potential last Patriots game in her own way.  Pretty ugly

Edited by hammerva

Probably the first time in my life I've rooted for the Titans and they are playing their shitty little hearts out. From watching you'd think they were the ones that needed the win. We'll see if the Jags start firing up.

Saints and Falcons knotted at 14 and, in case you were wondering (I know I was), a tie would be as good as a win for New Orleans since they need a Tampa Bay loss to win the division anyway.

I appreciate the Titans understand how Steelers need their rest and can't stay up past midnight to find out the playoff picture like we used to 😌

And Sam LaPorta is now hurt.  It isn't a meaningless Lions game but I don't know how serious it is

And the Titans fuck up a punt and Jaguars just made it a one possession game 😒

Edited by hammerva

The Colt’s coach did a better job than he’ll get credit for yesterday. They were stuffing Taylor every time on 1st down late in that game which is why they ended up in 3rd and 5+ twice in a row. The Colts converted those 3rd down with Taylor because coach knew he could get it as long as the defense wasn’t sold out to the run. Other coaches would have threw it atleast once, and probably twice. They were only in a position to win because of that good X and O coaching. Then came the call which is east to rip in hindsight. I thought it was the right call because the Texans were sold out to the run again. Of course maybe Taylor still could have gotten a yard but they probably had more than a yard and maybe a touchdown had they caught it. I also thought it was a better throw than it looked like. He couldn’t lead him to much with everything being so tight down there. Also, he overadjusted on the try at catching it. All he had to do was catch it. He didn’t have to turn and try to reset his feet. He just had it so easy which is so rare and he screwed up which is what happens in those situations sometimes.

Yeah we all knew we shouldn't trust the Titans and still fell for it

seriously how did they not get at least FG in that one.  Jaguars sure loves doing dumb shit near the end zone

Edited by hammerva

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

Kelce is inactive today, ending his 1000 yard season streak, as there's nothing on the line in Chiefs/Chargers

Which is interesting since all week we heard about how they were gonna feed him to get 1000 yards and then take him out