DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023 - WEEK EIGHTEEN

RIPPA

The Bills offense has actually been perfect besides throws to the endzone. The first 2 endzone throws were INTs. The 3rd was a touchdown but only because the Dolphins player who touched it that time didn’t catch it. The 3rd was a dropped touchdown.

Don’t go to the endzone anymore and you can win Bills. Lol what??? Stick with the slants and the screens down there. And run the ball. And that should be enough to win. 

Dang it looks like they’re not going to make it. They made a good late season run but they’re just not good enough which is a shame because it wasn’t the players or their will to win. They had a bad offseason, relied on pure talent, seemingly didn’t even coach, and they probably won’t recover now. 

All the advanced stats all year said Buffalo was the best or nearly the best team in the league. And Miami gave them just enough space both tonight and the last month.

Straight out of Marino vs Kelly. They never gave up on the run, and the quarterbacks sligned it when it didn’t work which was most of the time besides 4th down, but the reason it worked on 4th down was because they were fresh for the clutch play from continuing to keep trying to run it. There were turnovers and the game ended in a turnover because the guy who turned it over was trying to win. That’s how it was back then and that’s why Marino, Kelly, Favre and others are judged to harshly on GOAT lists. There was a special teams play that made a difference. Hitting. Defense. Low scoring but not necessarily low offense. Such a fun game. 

Thanks Bills, now I don’t have to spend next Saturday explaining to my parents in Florida what Peacock actually is, how it works, how to get it on their tv and why the Steelers aren’t on regular TV. 

• Haha 3

I enjoy reading the Tua Takes on their fansite and social media. Course, feelings are raw right after a loss but he is a tough QB to really diagnose. He's a great first-read passer, and has one of the (if not the) best WRs to throw to. He's really good in general and proved this year he can stay healthy. But will he get that next big contract from Miami (in line with Burrow/Herbert), and if Miami doesn't want to give it to him will another team? I guess we are still a year a way from them having to decide but most teams would prefer to sign him this offseason if they think he's the long term plan.

5 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Dennis Allen willingly throwing his whole offense under the bus to defend against accusations of being a complete dick is something. (I suspect he's telling the truth but at least just leak that to the media, damn.)

Might as well just have stood up and said, "my players don't respect me". 

8 hours ago, Mister TV said:

Thanks Bills, now I don’t have to spend next Saturday explaining to my parents in Florida what Peacock actually is, how it works, how to get it on their tv and why the Steelers aren’t on regular TV. 

Me about 3 or 4 times a college football season having to explain the concept of ESPN+.

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic