DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF 2023 - WEEK NINE

Dolfan in NYC

He also, after being put on leave, skipped a meeting with university officials to discuss what had happened, which is what led to his immediate termination.

Today's rampant speculation is that maybe the third party firm was hired by Michigan to crack Weiss's computer and that's where they found the evidence and gave it to the NCAA. There's no actual proof as of yet of that, but it's running neck and neck with said firm illegally hacked Michigan computers amongst the very sane fans on either side of this issue.

• Like 1

So I am not sure where to put this.  Apparently in the next week or so Bishop Sycamore is planning on playing a "high school" game against someone called Life Christian.  Who from I gather is like Bishop just not as sleazy but just as awful 

Given our society I fully expect this to happen.  Hell I thought it would happen anyway but not 4 months after the fucking documentary came out

Three weeks ago, undefeated Maryland was up 17-10 in the third quarter against Ohio State. They gave up the final 27 points in that game, lost to a bad Illinois team by 3, took a week off, and are now trailing a bad Northwestern team by 13 deep in the fourth. Oof.

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

How is Kansas and Oklahoma at halftime at 2:45 from a noon kick off? Was their lightning or something?

yeah there was a lightning delay during the first half and the game resumed for good at 1pm Central time

which led to Fox having to do some shuffling to deal with having 3 games on the air at the same time. Around here, they kept KU on FOX and moved Oregon/Utah to Fox Business

in some places they moved KU to FS1, which I guess means Purdue/Nebraska was bumped to FS2 or Fox Business

4 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

How in the hell did Pitt beat Louisville?

When Pitt has a bad team they always have a head scratching win and when they have a good team they always have head scratching loss or two, been that way since I was a kid. This game kills any hope I had of Michigan State poaching the gym teacher coaching the Panthers. 

I'm listening to the end of USC/Cal (have I ever mentioned what a godsend The Varsity Network app is?) and it's basically the most Lincoln Riley USC game possible. Tied at 43 with a touch over 6 minutes to go.

I get like 15 channels that broadcast college football, and I think the PAC 12 Network is the largest CFB network that I don't get

(at least my count is 5 broadcast networks, ESPN, ESPN2, FS1, FS2, CBS Sports, ESPNU, ACCN, SECN, BTN, I might be forgetting something obvious)

2 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

I get like 15 channels that broadcast college football, and I think the PAC 12 Network is the largest CFB network that I don't get

(at least my count is 5 broadcast networks, ESPN, ESPN2, FS1, FS2, CBS Sports, ESPNU, ACCN, SECN, BTN, I might be forgetting something obvious)

I don't think anyone outside the West Coast gets it.

But The Varsity Network has the live radio broadcast of every school that is part of Learfield. Which is a whole hell of a lot of schools.

I'm listening to the Wisconsin broadcast right now.

16 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

But The Varsity Network has the live radio broadcast of every school that is part of Learfield. Which is a whole hell of a lot of schools.

that's probably a better bet than my CFB radio strategy of "go to RadioGarden and look for their affiliates in small towns that don't turn off their streams"

5 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

that's probably a better bet than my CFB radio strategy of "go to RadioGarden and look for their affiliates in small towns that don't turn off their streams"

Almost every game I've tried to listen to the last couple years has had at least one of the two school's radio feeds on it, so yeah.

By the way, if you are looking for a league with high chaos potential, the Big XII now currently sports a five way tie for first place at 4-1 between Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas State, Oklahoma State and Iowa State. With Kansas and West Virginia just one game behind them