DVDVR Message Board

December 2013 Futbol thread

odessasteps

Lower your voice, Ron.

As for the games today, I thought Villa were awful. Like, really bad. I think Benteke's lost his confidence Chamakh style, he doesn't seem too happy out there.

As for the Arsenal/Everton game, Everton looked great for the first 40 minutes. They really penned us in, Arsenal's passing was sloppy. Then once they got it together they controlled the game, got the goal, that's me thinking 3 points but... Can't win them all. Now we've got Man city and Chelsea back to back. A 7 point lead would've been nice.

Lower your voice, Ron.

As for the games today, I thought Villa were awful. Like, really bad. I think Benteke's lost his confidence Chamakh style, he doesn't seem too happy out there.

As for the Arsenal/Everton game, Everton looked great for the first 40 minutes. They really penned us in, Arsenal's passing was sloppy. Then once they got it together they controlled the game, got the goal, that's me thinking 3 points but... Can't win them all. Now we've got Man city and Chelsea back to back. A 7 point lead would've been nice.

i watched first half and was stuck in the car in the snow during the second half listening to Sirius (thankfully not listening to Alan Green).

I was happy with a point. Glad it was a good game. Would have prefered a high scoring game, since I have Ramsey and Ozil on my fantasy team. :>

Lower your voice, Ron.

Would have prefered a high scoring game, since I have Ramsey and Ozil on my fantasy team. :>

Such a fucking joke of a fan.

So much for Man City's pipe dream of finishing first in the group. Bayern already up 2-0

You were saying? :)

Amusingly, this week I've been training a kid from our London office who's a big United fan... I put the Shakhtar game on in the break room for him but they're frustrating the hell out of him. He's clearly not taking the loss of form well.

So much for Man City's pipe dream of finishing first in the group. Bayern already up 2-0

You were saying? :)

Amusingly, this week I've been training a kid from our London office who's a big United fan... I put the Shakhtar game on in the break room for him but they're frustrating the hell out of him. He's clearly not taking the loss of form well.

I think City had to win by 3 goals to win the group.  Not that City can't score 5 times in a game.  That's the second time this year that an English team has won at Bayern.  This is a nice boost for Man City's away form.

Haven't you been a United fan for like three seasons, or was that Cristobal?

Cristobal.

If you've ever seen me really rant, I'm extrordinarlary hard on teams I support.

I still harp that the Eagles suck, even though they're atop the Division, for example.

It turns out I was wrong in the goal difference that Man City needed to win the group.  I thought the first tiebreaker was the GD in the group overall, but since they each won 1 game, then the first tiebreaker was GD in their 2 games.  So they only needed to win by 2.  I guess they would have won it with 4 away goals in Munich to Bayern's 3 away goals in Manchester.

Wow, the refs in three out of four German games were soooo atrocious.

1. Bayern vs City has three offside goals and one ridiculous penalty.
2. Schalke gets some great help against Basel: No sending off for Höwedes, sending off for Basel player in a comparable but not as clear situation, second goal for Schalke scored from an incredibly clear offside position

3. Dortmund conceeds an comparably clear offside-equaliser, gets denied a very clear penalty appeal, on the other hand Marseille has to deal with a really harsh sentoff.

Were the performances in other games as bad?

http://nypost.com/2013/12/10/bronx-scores-400m-soccer-stadium/

After looking at sites in Queens and Brooklyn, a Major League Soccer franchise on Tuesday stood close to a deal to build a 28,000-seat stadium in The Bronx just south of Yankee Stadium, The Post has learned.

The New York City Football Club — majority owned by the Manchester City Football Club of the Premier League in the UK — is “very, very close” to inking a deal with GAL Manufacturing, an elevator parts company, sources close to the deal said.

The deal with the soccer club, which is 20 percent owned by the Yankees, will also include the not-for-profit Bronx Parking Development Company.

The $400 million stadium will be located on what now is an empty lot between the Major Deegan and East 153rd Street, a source following the situation said.

Mayor Bloomberg has blessed the pact.

However, the team will not move forward without mayor-elect Bill de Blasio’s blessing, and he has not yet reviewed the deal, sources said.

The complex deal includes the NYCFC paying for GAL to relocate.

Under the proposed plan, the NYCFC will fund construction of the stadium with city-backed tax exempt bonds.

The club would make pilot payments through a 35-year deal and guarantee bondholders revenues from suite sales, naming rights and the like, a source said.

That is similar to the way the Yankees, Mets and Forest City Ratner recently paid for their stadiums.

The new MLS team plans to start playing games during the 2015 season at Yankee Stadium.

It hopes to start playing in the new digs in 2018 or 2019, the source said.

Neither the Yanks nor the NYCFC could be reached for comment.