DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023 PRESEASON

RIPPA

Giants and Saquon Barkley reach an agreement on a one year deal

1 year worth "up to" $11 million

He also gets a $2 million signing bonus

Basically gets a little more than what playing on the franchise tag would have cost him and in return, he is already in the building for the first day of training camp

The contract feels like an L for Barkley, based on how he has been talking. I don't blame him for signing it, its money, but basically he now has to report five weeks sooner than he was probably going to and apparently some/all of the bonus money is based on the Giants making the playoffs, not his performance. Plus he didn't even get a "no tag next year" provision.

14 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

The contract feels like an L for Barkley, based on how he has been talking. I don't blame him for signing it, its money, but basically he now has to report five weeks sooner than he was probably going to and apparently some/all of the bonus money is based on the Giants making the playoffs, not his performance. Plus he didn't even get a "no tag next year" provision.

It definitely doesn't do Dalvin Cook any favors either if I were to guess. 

Kyle Shanahan basically confirmed that if the Niners had - through some miracle - won the NFC Championship game, they would have most likely had Philip Rivers starting in the Super Bowl

Before any Cincy fans panic, remember that esp in preseason teams are very liberal with their "cart" usage. There is just no reason to take any risks or to go faster than they need to. That being said, Burrow hurt his calf and was taken away on a cart. Hopefully calf and not heel, hard to tell which he grabbed at the initial injury.

4 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

MRI showed Ramsey had a tear of the meniscus.  Surgery is required, but the he'll be out 6-8 weeks.   

Boy did they basically dodge a bullet 

There is some conflicting information on it, I've seen a few places say they may need to do a "full" repair (including Ian Rapoport) and he'll be out until December. It may just depend on once the surgeon gets in there and the amount of repair needed.

2 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

There is some conflicting information on it, I've seen a few places say they may need to do a "full" repair (including Ian Rapoport) and he'll be out until December. It may just depend on once the surgeon gets in there and the amount of repair needed.

Even if it is that, still beats the hell out of an ACL.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Sounds like they went the full repair route.  December timeline, which means @WAS, vs. TEN, vs. NYJ, vs. DAL, vs. BAL. 

That Tennessee game is a day after my birthday... so maybe they just want to give me a present.  Or maybe have him debut with 4 picks against Aaron. 🤔

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Miami signs Eli Apple.  

A certain Miami WR that wears #10 seems to be excited

https://twitter.com/cheetah/status/1685386778478260224?t=aZD8F3uYH0NuXSdD_GEV0w&s=01

Didn't Apple end up pretty much locking him down after that all that?

21 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Jonathan Taylor requested a trade after meeting with Jim Irsay, presumably over Irsay's "bad faith" comments the other day.

cocaine_helluva_drug.gif

On 7/26/2023 at 10:54 AM, Chaos said:

It definitely doesn't do Dalvin Cook any favors either if I were to guess. 

Supposedly the Jets offer to Dalvin is 2/18 (2 more on incentives).