DVDVR Message Board

2013 NCAAF Week 14

Dolfan in NYC

They will be #4. I guess you never know how the computers will break, but no human is going to put Bama over OSU or Auburn. And even at #4, the human component will look for every option to avoid Bama getting back to #2 if OSU or Auburn loses. The national mood is such that nobody wants to see Bama slip back into the title game without playing in the SEC championship like in '11, even if they are clearly one of the 2 best teams at the end of the year.

Yeah, I think the scenario for Bama is...

-Mizzou loses to A&M, giving them 2 losses and taking them out of the title game in favor of South Carolina.

-It's not necessary, but South Carolina losing to Clemson tonight would help.

-South Carolina beats Auburn, giving AU 2 losses and SC is too far back to jump into the top 2

-That clears the way, then they just need 1 of FSU or OSU to lose. Preferrably OSU, because even with a historic, humiliating loss to Duke, FSU's strength at #1 coupled with anti-Bama sentiment might allow them to hold on at #2 over Bama. OSU is perceived as weak, and even with a loss to a better opponent, it would be difficult for them to maintain support.

I think that would do it.

Saban is very hatable, and the recent dominant run of Bama makes them the target for scorn.

Of course, if it does wind up FSU/Satan, we'll get an entire off-season of hearing how it didn't count, because everyone knows the SEC champ is the "REAL national champion."

Man, I never realized just HOW MUCH non Bama fans hated Alabama until now.  People are pretty much furiously masturbating on Twitter right now.  I guess I know how Miami Heat fans feel now.

People hate winners, for the most part.  And Saban, while a great coach, is something of a cranky old man.  Couple that with general hatred toward Alabama, and it's a recipe for vitriol.  Thing is, 99.9999999% of the people cheering this non-life threatening demise can't even fathom being that good at one thing, let alone achieve something with it.  They can't think or dream big enough. So basically, we hate others for being capable of understanding greatness, then attaining it.

That's what my armchair psychologist tells me.