DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 8/24/2022

The Natural

Hayter is already overdue for a belt and for getting away from Britt. She’s way too good to just be her muscle. Storm is the other choice, as long as it leads to the Britt-Hayter breakup. Shida I guess could work as a placeholder, nothing against her but she hasn’t done shit in AEW in 2022. Fuck Britt Baker.

• Like 5

I thought and still do Jamie Hayter should have beat Thunder Rosa for the AEW Women's World Championship at AEW Battle of the Belts III. You can do tensions/breakup Hayter/Dr. Britt Baker as Hayter did what Baker could never do vs. Rosa.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

I also like how Dave argued that if the women's segments aren't pulling good ratings you need to build everything around Britt Baker again and then several breaths later went on and on about the necessity of sacrificing ratings in order to give time to new guys like Garcia. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Belgian_Waffle said:

I also like how Dave argued that if the women's segments aren't pulling good ratings you need to build everything around Britt Baker again and then several breaths later went on and on about the necessity of sacrificing ratings in order to give time to new guys like Garcia. 

Hasn't everything still been built around Baker? She had more promo time than Rosa when Rosa made her injury announcement.  Something that hasn't been brought up is that Penelope Ford was suspended for making a comment to Tony Khan. Not exactly sure what was said but it had to be bad for Khan to suspend her especially right when Kip is on his way back. 

Garcia isn't seen as a ratings sacrifice to me, especially as he's being used with Danielson and Jericho both guys known to pop ratings. 

Both of his arguments are wrong.  Look at the time they spend on Starks, Hook, Hobbs, all can be considered new guys and all get considerable TV time.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/26/2022 at 9:08 PM, just drew said:

Daniel Garcia reminds me of Wahlberg in “the Other Guys.” Macho to the point of being incapable of rational thought…

AEW Films needs to get on with it with the Garcia / Danhausen buddy cop movie. Where, much like The Other Guys, Garcia is the one doing the comedic tour de force the entire time and you don’t realize how genius it is until the 3rd time you watch the movie.

Eddie Kingston is the police chief

Movie starts with Mox and Sting aiming for the bushes

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

AEW Films needs to get on with it with the Garcia / Danhausen buddy cop movie. Where, much like The Other Guys, Garcia is the one doing the comedic tour de force the entire time and you don’t realize how genius it is until the 3rd time you watch the movie.

The Ass Boys as that other pair of cops trying to be the alphas. The Factory as Dirty Mike & the boys. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/28/2022 at 8:47 AM, For Great Justice said:

Eddie Kingston deadpanning TLC quotes is a thought that made me giggle all weekend. So does Bryan Danielson as Will Ferrell yelling "Gator needs his gat, you punk ass bitch!" So thanks for that. Also, in the scenario put forth, Claudio has to be that super mercenary guy, right? The guy who takes their guns and their shoes? I'm having too much fun with this now....