What's the schedule for 2027? 

Here you go, mate from the BBC:

Men's Ashes Test venues 2027

• Lord's (London)
  • The Oval (London)
  • Trent Bridge (Nottingham)
  • The Ageas Bowl (Southampton)
  • Edgbaston (Birmingham)

Good seeing you here. Speaking of seeing, nice change of picture to Eddie Kingston. Taking getting used to as you had the other for so long. I haven't changed mine since WrestleMania XXX, April 2014.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

Here you go, mate from the BBC:

Men's Ashes Test venues 2027

• Lord's (London)
  • The Oval (London)
  • Trent Bridge (Nottingham)
  • The Ageas Bowl (Southampton)
  • Edgbaston (Birmingham)

Good seeing you here. Speaking of seeing, nice change of picture to Eddie Kingston. Taking getting used to as you had the other for so long. I haven't changed mine since WrestleMania XXX, April 2014.

Pretty sure my wife has offered to let me go over for my 40th.

You, me, test cricket, black tar heroin and a never ending series of Penta matches?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

I can't believe how easily tickets sold out everywhere for it.

I'm not sure if the MCG was unavailable or what the politics behind not using the bigger grounds was but it's been an incredible show of support for the sport.

MCG is unavailable, as it is being used for AFL.

At least in Ireland, people think a good chunk of the fans (like 20,000+) wil be Irish fans (expats and travelers) for the kickoff match in Australia. 

Was there a reason for this long delay between test 3 or 4? Just because they were playing the women’s ashes? 

4 hours ago, Cleavy said:

MCG is unavailable, as it is being used for AFL.

Yeah, but there's like 3 games in Melbourne, they've fit A-League and State of Origin around it, especially late in the season with so many dead rubbers.

That's not to say I don't believe the AFL tried locking them out

15 hours ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

Pretty sure my wife has offered to let me go over for my 40th.

You, me, test cricket, black tar heroin and a never ending series of Penta matches?

Sounds like a plan, pal minus Penta 😉.

I love how Australia brought extra all-rounders, have bowled them less than their "hey, well, this guy can roll his arm over" and the only way they won't end the day behind is if England let them bat again and they go for it. Crawley & Root are going great guns and Moeen Ali deserves an apology off anyone who snickered at that choice.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DangerMark said:

I love how Australia brought extra all-rounders, have bowled them less than their "hey, well, this guy can roll his arm over" and the only way they won't end the day behind is if England let them bat again and they go for it. Crawley & Root are going great guns and Moeen Ali deserves an apology off anyone who snickered at that choice.

This. On Moeen Ali:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/66245382

4 minutes ago, DangerMark said:

Highlight of the day was Crawley sending England ahead with a six.

Listening to TMS. Fair play to most of the Aussies congratulating Crawley. Should always be like that when someone has performed so well. Crawley's 189 is England's highest against Australia in a home Test since 1997 when Naseer Hussain made 207.

Edited by The Natural

On 7/20/2023 at 4:05 PM, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

Yeah, but there's like 3 games in Melbourne, they've fit A-League and State of Origin around it, especially late in the season with so many dead rubbers.

That's not to say I don't believe the AFL tried locking them out

from memory, I think it's a venue exclusivity deal for the lead up and during of the World Cup.  It's not as simple as just playing a one off game.

anyway, back to the cricket talk.  Australia are mentally and physically cooked atm.  hoping for the rain to save their butts

Edited by Cleavy
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, DangerMark said:

England all out for 592. Rumbling about declarations overblown when the run rate is up around five and a half. Australia need 275 to make England bat again.

Felt for Jonny Bairstow 99 not out. 6 made scores of 50+, Crawley (189), Bairstow (99), Root (84), Brook (61), Ali (54), and Stokes (51).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cleavy said:

from memory, I think it's a venue exclusivity deal for the lead up and during of the World Cup.  It's not as simple as just playing a one off game.

anyway, back to the cricket talk.  Australia are mentally and physically cooked atm.  hoping for the rain to save their butts

If they can get away with a draw, I wonder what the intended XI for the fifth test looks like in comparison to 2-2.

I feel less confident they'll drop Warner for such a crucial game either way. They absolutely should. Australia that needs twenty wickets, I'd play Murphy instead. Australia that needs a draw, Warner stays.

Cummins looks shot. But can he justify dropping himself for that match whilst captain? Neser deserves a look.