DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 11/08/13

victor

Doesn't look like much of a show.

WWE will tape this week's WWE SmackDown episode from the Time Warner Cable Arena in Charlotte, North Carolina. Here are the results. 

* CM Punk defeated Curtis Axel. The Wyatt Family teased an attack on CM Punk. 
Daniel Bryan went to a NC with Luke Harper. Bryan had the Yes Lock in when Rowan attacked Bryan. They double teamed him until Punk made the save. It was interesting, the Yes chants were louder and more prominent earlier in the show before Bryan came out than when he was actually in ring. 
* The Usos and R-Truth defeated 3MB. 

* AJ & Tamina defeated The Funkadactyls. 

* Alberto Del Rio called out John Cena. Cena then came out to confront Del Rio, however Vickie Guerrero was said "not so fast" and there will be no title match tonight. John Cena vs. Alberto Del Rio was announced for Survivor Series. Vickie then sets up Del Rio vs. The Great Khali and Cena vs. Ryback. 

* Alberto Del Rio defeated The Great Khali. 

* John Cena defeated Ryback. 

Can't see much interest in continuing Cena vs Del Rio, Why? 

This was a good night of wrestling and really easy to get through. Nothing too amazing though, but the divas tag was surprisingly decent after Cameron got hit with thepowerbomb.com - and Khali-Alberto overachieved. Harper-Bryan was quite good, but actually outshined by Ryback-Cena. That wound up being the best match on the show and easily Ryback's best one yet.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2013/11/wwe-sd-11-8-13.html

Screens -

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/r1kwm9pcy705oywvg813eou89bcu6ufx

Just getting to Smackdown now but the Wyatt Family opening vignette RULED. That was so friggin' great. I loved the distorted "THEDEVILMADEMEDOOOITTT" at the end. Why isn't everyone else as big a mark of these guys as I am? Is it because I got in ground floor w/ Bray in FCW/NXT? This stuff is world class and so ahead of everything else in terms of promo and character wise. This is like early Undertaker stuff. They're just starting to tap into this, too.

They left the chair/lantern/Bray's hat/sheep mask after they did the retreat after Daniel/Punk walked tall. Imagine if in a kayfabe setting you were the stagehand or whoever who had to return those things in whatever lair they hang out in? I also liked on NXT when Riley said they just hang out in a corner by themselves in the cafeteria at tapings.

So friggin' great.

• Like 1

Just getting to Smackdown now but the Wyatt Family opening vignette RULED. That was so friggin' great. I loved the distorted "THEDEVILMADEMEDOOOITTT" at the end. Why isn't everyone else as big a mark of these guys as I am? 

I think the board, collectively, was pretty excited for them to come in right until they actually arrived and we had about a month of Rowan being really terrible at brawling. That sort of killed the magic. Then they had a feud with Kane, Kofi, and then Miz.  I think they're recovering now though. Harper's finally getting to show off what he can do and Rowan's much better during heat segments in tags than he is in brawls.