DVDVR Message Board

Raw is The Sledgehammer of Plot - 11/30/2020

Dolfan in NYC

4 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Uhm, breaking a pinfall is not dq worthy. Want to say even in WWE's official rule at least one breakup is allowed. In most tag matches everywhere no fucks are given as long as the partner is out before the five count.

Lately, they have been giving the random DQ for this though.

1 hour ago, Eoae said:

Yeah, I have no idea how this is supposed to work.  I keep expecting her to win matches through flukey "opponent slips on a banana peel" type finishes and they won't even give her that much,  She's presented as completely inept against fair competition, to the point she looks grateful and relieved when someone like Asuka steps in to protect her.  Oh, and she seems to be fighting back tears a  lot.  Ugh.

The spot they've done several times lately where her tag partner starts to whomp on the heels, only for Lana to tag herself in and immediately get her ass kicked sure is something,

On that topic, how was end of the women's tag match not a dq?  Shayna gets Lana in a submission, Lana looks ready to give up, so Asuka runs in and clocks Shayna hard enough to not only break up the pin, but give Lana time to roll on Shayna and get the three count.  All of this in full view of the referee.  I mean, that's basically begging for a dq.  

I don't think it's supposed to work.  I have a difficult time imagining any more thought goes into it beyond hazing her and/or antagonizing her husband because Pushiment Booking the both of them has been a 4 year tradition (that he so rudely interrupted by actually leaving) because neither of them have ever been forgiven for that time they announced their marriage on social media and thus "ruined" that stupid angle with Dolph Ziggler the first [of many] times they put them through an on-screen split up for lulz.

Lana getting over, should she actually do so, is an unintended consequence

For as much as people would bag on Corey in those matches I really missed his references throughout the match.  I still remember him having a field day with the first one and might have been one of the few who loved that.  And Hardy's swanton was a very dangerous and unnecessary move.

WWE rules say you can break up ONE pinfall/ submission legally, but if you break up another one, you get DQ'ed. Davey Boy Smith Jr revealed that on Wrestletalk TV, said it was why WWE Tag Matches tend to be less than epic. But they've never once said that rule on TV, never had someone get DQed for multiple break ups, so no fan knows about the rule. Actually mentioning it on TV might help them incorporate the rule into the match stories and make the matches more interesting, but it's WWE. Nobody watches for the matches, especially not the tag matches.

• Like 1