DVDVR Message Board

NXT TV - 9/11/2019

Dolfan in NYC

• RIPPA unpinned this topic

I know nothing about Rhea Ripley. But I do like that she uses the same car dealership Sasha Banks does. Great badass punk snarl.

I have zero idea what Damien Priest is supposed to be. What is this gimmick? He is the "Archer of Infamy" but apparently loves limos/nightlife/etc. but looks like (and has the name) of one of the lesser known dudes who would get profiled by Wendy Carr on Mindhunter. It is a baffling character. That said -- his squash matches are a true highlight of my television right now and we need to discuss them more. The dude stiffs the hell out of fools like no one in a really long time. There were a few strikes tonight where I thought he straight up gave Boa CTE. 

Oh my god. Can we start a Gofundme or something so Johnny Gargano goes to AEW or ROH or some other random string of letters or literally anywhere else but NXT? What is he the "Rebel heart" of exactly? What does that mean aside from being the title of what I assume is a My Chemical Romance b-side. What did he exactly rebel against? The 95 main event feuds he has had? Great wrestler. Definitive feuds. But man what a lame friggin' person. I'm completely on Team Shane for this. 

Dunne/Garza was a really fun match. I love that Dunne gained advantage anytime Garza did some sort of showboating to the crowd. His finger snap tap-out is so incredibly weird. There are so many other body parts that you'd think would get a tapout finish. But you know what? If some dude had me wrapped up and snapped my fingers like that I'd be crying for about six months. I hope they get another match at some point once Garza gets his sea legs a little more because that dude rules.

Cameron Grimes is absolutely pro wrestling sleaze at its finest. Long hair, gross body, fur vest and a hat stolen from Amy Sherman Palladino. Raul Mendoza has really fun offense. The crowd was dead for this one despite it being pretty fun.  I think Mendoza can really learn to do some crowd work. He didn't try to connect with them at all. Grimes also needs to do some more heeling, too, to get the opportunistic scum character going.

Oh god Candace LaRae crying to Regal to get into the four-way match. I hope Io rips her face off.

Dakota Kai returning? I would have loved it so much if her return came out of nowhere and she answered some sort of open challenge from Shayna and beat her, tying up their old feud and giving Shayna her proper comeuppance. But nothing wrong with reintroducing her (especially to a new audience onboarding next week) either.

That main event was fine. They have a great match in them at a future takeover.

• Like 4

tenor.gif?itemid=5944415

Mounted triangles are horrific to be in imo, the finger breaking just pushes it over the edge, it's a morale submission, tapping out is just something the body does when it doesn't want to be in the ring with Pete Dunne any more

I do wish he was still allowed to actually bite fingers though, it marked him out as more deranged, rather than having to cop the lesser act of Marty Scurll

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Log said:

"Archer of Infamy" and "Rebel Heart" are signs that wrestling is running out of cool nicknames.  Time to start recycling some old ones.  "The Hammer" and  "King Kong ______" are two I'd start with.

"Kiwi Buzzsaw" makes me want to swear off wrestling and find a new hobby.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2019 at 11:44 AM, Greggulator said:

I have zero idea what Damien Priest is supposed to be. What is this gimmick? He is the "Archer of Infamy" but apparently loves limos/nightlife/etc. but looks like (and has the name) of one of the lesser known dudes who would get profiled by Wendy Carr on Mindhunter. It is a baffling character. That said -- his squash matches are a true highlight of my television right now and we need to discuss them more. The dude stiffs the hell out of fools like no one in a really long time. There were a few strikes tonight where I thought he straight up gave Boa CTE.

Sing his debut, he came off like a huge fan of Gabriel Bolivar from The Strain.