DVDVR Message Board

[SPOILERS] RDR2 Post Single Player Discussion

RIPPA

You can always just watch the alternate endings on YouTube. I’d guess you could watch the whole game by now.

i had my legendary death. While I was tracking the cougar in gaptooth ridge, I was also tracking a wolf in my binoculars for that challenge. And while I was doing that, I got cougared. First legendary animal that got within rifle range before I killed it. 

Also busted a guy in poker for that challenge.

Like Mark - I went up Mount Hagan and cleared off all the stuff around there (Micah's revolver, the rock carving, the frozen guy and his hat)

On the way back - I was going to get the legendary fish but I stumbled upon the white Arabian for the first time (I hadn't bothered trying to get it early in the game because I loved my War Horse).

So I am like "Well this is fine". I go to start calming it and out of nowhere a dude rides by on a horse and spokes the Arabian. Literally the only person I saw in like 90 minutes of real game play time and of course that is when it happens. I am half convinced the game purposely does that.

I should have shot him and his horse

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

So scratch what I said about in-game morals. I decided to go full heel. Captured the bounty where the guy asks if he can say goodbye to his wife and son first. Not only did I decline that, I hogtied him and shot his wife in front of their son.

I feel like I need a shower now.

Edit: And I didn't even take a hit in honor for it??? Damn it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

I went ahead and bought one with John. So much expendable income at this point, and yet I'm still not willing to bite the bullet and start gambling.

So you aren't going to do the gambling challenges?

I have four dead cougars for that challenge and keep trying to find a fifth with zero luck.

and yeah I'll eventually do the gambling challenges but it's probably going to be the last thing. I know for a lot of people who play this game they love that aspect, but honestly it bores me to tears both in video games and in real life. Gambling, card, and dice games are the main reason I will likely never get 100% in Yakuza 0.

5 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

I have four dead cougars for that challenge and keep trying to find a fifth with zero luck.

and yeah I'll eventually do the gambling challenges but it's probably going to be the last thing. I know for a lot of people who play this game they love that aspect, but honestly it bores me to tears both in video games and in real life. Gambling, card, and dice games are the main reason I will likely never get 100% in Yakuza 0.

Well there is an achievement for doing all the minigames - so at a minimum play one game of each Blackjack, Poker, Dominoes and Five Finger Filet

Also - and it is too late to do anything about it now - there are certain character details that are only revealed when playing games with the other members of the camp. They will also request things - like Pearson asked for the naval compass while we were playing poker and I think that's when Tilly asked me for her necklace.

I have been stuck at needing one more successful double down for a while. I mean I could spam it every single hand but I also don't feel like throwing money at the problem.

• Like 1

I'm in the middle of the busting people at poker challenge. Did it in Valentine, need to do the other two.

Killed the Legendary Cougar this afternoon and did the first Tumbleweed bounty while I was there. 

Are we discussing glitches or not? I watched a video of the new horse glitch but I'm not bothered about getting the rare horses. 

The horse glitch is not too difficult:

You find a single person riding a horse. You knock him off. You speed off in the opposite direction and then do a 180 and come back. He should be riding a new horse, often a special one. Knock him off it or kill him and take that horse. 

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

Okay - I am just seeing now how folks have worked themselves into a shoot thinking that the RDR2 single player DLC will be RDR remastered

I'm still not convinced that there will be any DLC. I mean, it makes ZERO sense not to wring more cash out of this monster but this IS the video game industry....

16 minutes ago, Ramsey said:

I'm still not convinced that there will be any DLC. I mean, it makes ZERO sense not to wring more cash out of this monster but this IS the video game industry....

GTA V single player would say you are right

I have no idea but the amount of stories that suddenly cropped up when people finished the game is making me giggle

What we REALLY need is an "Alternate Universe" pack where Arthur stays healthy, shoots Micah in the fucking mouth, and runs off with Sadie in the sunset as John tramples Edgar Ross with his horse.

• Like 5

Finished Legendary Animal stuff, apart from the big one at the end. Who knows how long that will take. 

went to play poker in St Denis and on my first hand, drew a straight and busted 2 guys out. 

Up to about 50% bones found. 

20 cigarette cards left.

I'm really thankful I'm not a 100% completionist because I despise hunting. I'm not saying it's a shitty game mechanic; it's extremely well done. I just personally hate the time it takes. I bet I spent an hour and a half looking for a perfect cougar pelt to finish crafting satchels. Finally gave up to try a new area and blew right by one on my way out of the woods in West Elizabeth. Maddening.

I thought I was using predator bait wrong because nothing ever showed up for me. People online were like, "It won't spawn animals. It just attracts what's nearby." Well ain't that about as useful as tits on a boar.

I don't remember which of you mentioned the "killing the cougar with a bow" challenge, but it reminded me of the one from the first game. Killing a cougar with a knife.

Now I know how teenagers feel at Camp Crystal Lake.

• Like 1

I still have not done the first hunting quest because I can never get perfect squirrel and rabbit carcasses, even using smalle game arrows.

but I don’t want to waste the time just walking around on foot hunting for them.